Digital Hearing Aids

Some of you might benefit from reading my free online

“Hearing Aids For Dummies” essay. The link is:

http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/hearaids5.htm

That was indeed good information, in case I ever get hearing aids, which I probably need. I, too, have difficulty with hearing the higher frequencies. I simply can’t afford the cost of them, and as long as I hear “pretty well,” I guess they aren’t urgent.

Mine cost me right at $4K, and I’ve had 'em for about 1 1/2 years now. They DO improve things.

I 've had a pair for about a year & a half, and I would caution anyone who is considering such to use the “evaluation” time WISELY; as in - are these things doing what I WANT THEM TO DO!

If all you need is to amplify sound, then you probably can get that job done a whole lot cheaper.

My problem was only partially sound intensity, but mostly a lack of clarity with only a modicum of background noise. These lil electronic gadgets did a wonderful job on the intensity problem, but did squat on the clarification problem.
Now I’ll admit that a lot of the fault was mine because I was so enamoured by the hearing of sounds that had escaped before (more bumps and rattles in my car than I would have ever believed) that I never realized that my lack of comprehension was un-addressed.

Basically what I’m saying is don’t let the fact that your wife/husband can talk normal now take you down a rosy path that will entangle you in a batch of thorns later. Be sure that the PRICE is worth the ACTUAL results!!!