Disbelief, panic, chest thumping...

The three highest GOP officials in the nation, Speaker of the House, Senate Majority Leader and Chairman of the Republican National Committee have all publicly denounced the leading Republican candidate for President of the United States. This is unprecedented.

Priebus, Ryan and McConnell rip Trump anti-Muslim proposal - CNNPolitics.com

The GOP establishment is acting like a tribe of wild chimpanzees. First disbelief, then panic, now chest thumping and throwing sticks and stones. This isn’t going to work and when they figure it out their next decision will be fight or flight. Given their past history I will put my money on flight. In any event, if they are able to deny him the nomination they will have given him enough ammunition to break his pledge and run 3rd party. If that occurs it will not be Trump destroying the party it will be the GOP leadership that doesn’t give a rat’s rear end about their base except on election day.

PS I think Paul Ryan with his new sharia compliant beard looks like a fool.

The RNC is not the chest thumping chimpanzee.

RNC= democrat color guard

The babbling idiots in the Establishment GOP have got to know by now that trying to claim a perfectly reasonable statement by Trump is actually so unreasonable that it warrants denouncing will just get more people to seek out the quote.

Then once they hear the quote it is not Trump who is diminished but all of those who lied and cried wolf; AGAIN!

I love watching this happen but even with my rock bottom opinion of the GOP I never would have believed they could be this stupid for this long, they must really have no clue about how these imbecilic outbursts make them appear.

Face it, we’re fighting back. Trump will not be the nominee.

You wouldn’t have had to do this if your guys had actually did the Conservative things that they promised instead of being lying liberals.

[quote=“old_dog, post:1, topic:47930”]
The three highest GOP officials in the nation, Speaker of the House, Senate Majority Leader and Chairman of the Republican National Committee have all publicly denounced the leading Republican candidate for President of the United States. This is unprecedented.

Priebus, Ryan and McConnell rip Trump anti-Muslim proposal - CNNPolitics.com

The GOP establishment is acting like a tribe of wild chimpanzees. First disbelief, then panic, now chest thumping and throwing sticks and stones. This isn’t going to work and when they figure it out their next decision will be fight or flight. Given their past history I will put my money on flight. In any event, if they are able to deny him the nomination they will have given him enough ammunition to break his pledge and run 3rd party. If that occurs it will not be Trump destroying the party it will be the GOP leadership that doesn’t give a rat’s rear end about their base except on election day.

PS I think Paul Ryan with his new sharia compliant beard looks like a fool.
[/quote]It’s time the GOP should Cruz to victory.

Or Trump the establishment’s Ace. I’m OK with either one.

In todays news:

Ted Cruz says if he’s president, he’ll have real estate magnate and current national GOP frontrunner Donald Trump on his team in more ways than one: working on trade and immigration.

Exclusive

He may be the only prominent Republican left who hasn’t savaged the Donald. VP slot? At this point, it really looks like the primary race will come down to Cruz and Trump. Most of the GOP field is hardly worth wasting ammunition on; Carson is self-destructing. Rubio needs to get knocked out. Hopefully they will both spend more time attacking Obama and Clinton. I don’t know if Cruz can muster up the “Trump magic touch” of setting off a week long 24/7 media attack (AKA free infomercials). I actually think that he tried with his “can sand glow in the dark” comments on fighting the Jihad.

:popc1:

Bless, could these fools possibly make a larger mockery of themselves?
From the OP article:

House Speaker Paul Ryan said at a press conference that Trump’s comments are “not who we are as a party” and violate the Constitution.

“This is not conservatism,” the Wisconsin representative said

:howler:

More:

“(And) to show how completely and totally unworkable it would be, King Abdullah of Jordan, a great friend and ally of ours, would presumably not be able to come to the United States,” McConnell said. "How about President Ghani of Afghanistan, a great friend and ally of ours who would not be able to come to the United States.

Ya gotta wonder how long it took them to up with THAT one. Good grief, what imbeciles.

P.S. I don’t much care about Ryan’s beard one way or the other. He done opened his mouth, and removed all doubt.

From the Breitbart exclusive:

I have come out against TPP, it is an incredibly long and complicated mess of a bill,” Cruz told Breitbart News when asked if Trump would make a good negotiator for the nation’s trade deals. It has more pages than the Gang of Eight amnesty bill

Swop! That was good. :rofl:

old dog - “The three highest GOP officials in the nation, Speaker of the House, Senate Majority Leader and Chairman of the Republican National Committee have all publicly denounced the leading Republican candidate for President of the United States. This is unprecedented”.

What is also unprecedented is Trump’s statement to keep all Muslims out of the country - exclusion based solely on religion. On its face, the action flies in the face of our founding history and our constitution.

Trump is famous for such over the top hyperbole. If I didn’t know better I would think he was on Hillary Clinton’s payroll. Trump serves to take the focus off of her/Dems.

If we end up without a primary winner and it goes to the convention, if Trump doesn’t gain the nomination would he go 3rd party? Maybe. If that happens Hillary Clinton wins. A party divided can’t win.

Hopefully, the “tit-hangers” in the race - those without a chance to win the nomination - will soon drop out, allowing consolidation of support among the serious candidates. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Let Trump go third party. Let folks vote for him without the “R” after his name. If conservatives don’t unite, we get Hillary anyway. At least if Trump runs as a third party the GOP can be saved for the long run.

Some solid information here. I look at it this way, if Trump wins the nomination and is promptly beaten solidly by Clinton, does anyone think he will be an outsider of the administration? I don’t think so, he will fit in well, and yes he has been a distraction, perfectly aligned for a Democrat victory.

It isn’t hard to see this considering the great support CNN gave him and even Bill Clinton gave him high praise for rallying his “base” (is this really the GOP base?). I think he is giddy that he is the leader, even Jeb Bush would provide a bigger challenge to Hillary.

Trump’s the Dem’s Christmas gift, Mike. What’s frightening is so many “conservatives” can’t see that for the blinders they wear.

Folks, those here who have lost their minds over Trump, are setting themselves up for the true Epic Fail.
The Pubbies have been predicting Trump’s doom since this race started. They have been wrong every time. Yet, true to their stupidity, they have again, placed Foot “A” into Mouth “B”.
Y’all still ain’t gettin’ it. People in this country, especially conservatives, do not give a rat’s Behind what the GOP and RNC have to say. Their dishonesty has come to the forefront. The only people polling lower than Obozo, is our Republican’t led Congress. THEY are the jokes of DC. They lost all credibility when they promised things they never intended to deliver. They lost trust, when they started siding with Obongo. And now they continue to lose supporters, as they try to Trash Trump. It truly appears to me that they are trying to force Trump to go back on his promise to not run as an Independent, by not treating him “fairly” as that was a stipulation in his promise. I guess they figure that if Hillary gets to Oval Office, they will be better off than someone like Trump, who will require that they do their jobs, and hold them accountable to do so.
They seem to have come to the conclusion the Dems have, which is that the American people and thus voters, are stupid enough to believe what they proclaim. I simply don’t believe that. Oh sure, our younger voters, and those who seek sustenance from the Gooberment, vote without proper vetting, but most of us realize that the Dems and Pubbies have both been giving America the shaft for decades. 2/3 of Trumps support says they’ll follow him to the middle, if he goes there. So, it is evident that the GOP WANTS Hillary to win. THAT, in and of itself, is a good reason to leave them to their own stupidity. It is they that are out of touch, not the American voter.
But, they deserve every thing they get.

Ryan, McConnell, Priebus and all the other usual suspects are the gift that keeps on giving for the democrats.

[I left MDMike’s quotes in black, and used red for quotes from sites to (hopefully) save confusion.]

Of course many conveniently leave out the rest of his statement:

Trump released a statement Monday, calling for "for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on."

One I happen to agree with.

exclusion based solely on religion. On its face, the action flies in the face of our founding history and our constitution.

Carter banned Iranians with very few exceptions:until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.

The obvious difference between Trump’s plan and Carter’s historical actions is that the Carter administration targeted nationality, not a professed religion or ideology. But the Carter administration also took those factors into account when determining whether or not Iranians were allowed to enter or stay in the United States. A Washington Post report dated from 1980 said that the Carter would only revalidate visa issued to Iranians based upon “compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest requires.” In clarifying this statement, the Carter administration’s State Department said that “concern about religious or political persecution in Iran would be viewed as a valid humanitarian reason for revalidating the visas of those now being barred from the United States.”

Read more at Jimmy Carter Blocked Iran’s Immigrants — Is Donald Trump’s Muslim Immigration Ban The Same?
Now, do you really think Trump wouldn’t make exceptions? (Right after reading, “until our country’s representatives can figure out what’s going on,” I mean.)

Trump is famous for such over the top hyperbole. If I didn’t know better I would think he was on Hillary Clinton’s payroll. Trump serves to take the focus off of her/Dems.

Try to keep up:

he spent more time — and creative energy — on presumptive Democratic nominee Clinton, expanding on his criticism, first leveled in mid-November, that the former secretary of state lacks the stamina to be president.

“She doesn’t have the strength, she doesn’t have the stamina,” Trump intoned repeatedly, painting a caricature of a secretary of state chatting with friends while ignoring missives out of Benghazi from Ambassador Chris Stevens and of a presidential candidate who sleeps for days on end between public appearances.

“You don’t see her for four or five days,” said Trump. “Then four or five days later you see her. She awakens, puts on her pantsuit, goes out and does a press conference.”

Read more: Donald Trump turns to 2016 general election mode - POLITICO

If we end up without a primary winner and it goes to the convention, if Trump doesn’t gain the nomination would he go 3rd party? Maybe. If that happens Hillary Clinton wins. A party divided can’t win.

He’s already warning the RNC that he just might. I don’t agree w/your suggested outcome because the RNC can’t afford to lose Trump, so he most likely won’t run 3rd party.

Hopefully, the “tit-hangers” in the race - those without a chance to win the nomination - will soon drop out, allowing consolidation of support among the serious candidates. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Nor will I if the RNC has its way.

[quote=“old_dog, post:17, topic:47930”]
Ryan, McConnell, Priebus and all the other usual suspects are the** gift that keeps on giving for the democrats**.
[/quote]:yeahthat:

And you’ll deserve what you will get - a Democratic victory in 2016.

Main street conservatives will have an uphill battle, fighting both the liberals and Trumpzism.