Do black people support Obama because he's black?

Surviving slavery, segregation and discrimination has forged a special pride in African-Americans. Now some are saying this hard-earned pride has become prejudice in the form of blind loyalty to President Barack Obama.

Are black people supporting Obama mainly because he’s black? If race is just one factor in blacks’ support of Obama, does that make them racist? Can blacks’ support for Obama be compared with white voters who may favor his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, because he’s white?

News from The Associated Press

I am sure everyone knows the answer to this. Although there are blacks who speak out against Obama’s policies and get ridiculed by the black community for doing so the majority of blacks are still in Obama’s corner.

Case in point, in our community’s local rag, they ask questions about different subjects in polls. In the latest poll which targeted children the question was who would you vote for? The rag usually picks 6 people to photograph and put their picture in the paper along side their comment.

In this poll they had 5 white young people and one black. While the 5 said they did not think either party was great the one black youngster said he did not follow politics but he would vote for Obama anyway.

Black Pride World Wide?

“Now some are saying this hard-earned pride has become prejudice in the form of blind loyalty to President Barack Obama.”

It is flat out racism, that’s fact.

“Are black people supporting Obama mainly because he’s black?”

It’s the elephant in the room but yes, the vast majority support him unconditionally and will once again vote for him because he is black.

“If race is just one factor in blacks’ support of Obama, does that make them racist?”

Yes, as well as the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

“Can blacks’ support for Obama be compared with white voters who may favor his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, because he’s white?”

In a very small instance yes. For the most part no, the comparison doesn’t fly and the reason is because their great black hope Obama created that backlash. Let us throw out an example. Hypothetically let’s say the election wasn’t Obama vs his white clone Romney. Let’s say hypothetically the election is… Bill Cosby vs David Duke. Would it be racist for the black community to rise up and vote against Duke whose campaign is to strip them of everything, destroy their communities and give their money and goods to the white man because he’s white and been burdened? I wouldn’t call it racism to purposefully vote AGAINST a racist who openly shows a deep hatred for your race and community.

This example as most of us know is already playing out. Right now. We have a President that is a 24 year member(don’t give me this BS that he actually quit) of a racist hate group, who has stacked his administration almost exclusively with racists, who has armed Mexican cartels with military weaponry for the race war they declared on “Aztlan” as well as violent black gangs within our borders, the DHS he’s staffed with racists has made it so if you’re a white male you are the prime terrorist suspect, has given the Black Panthers free reign to suppress white voters at polling booths, came out on TV and condemned white police officers for asking for arresting black male for breaking into a home and refusing to provide I.D. or proof that he owned the home he was prying the front door open on, came out in support of some drug addicted gangbanger who was killed as he was beating on a law abiding citizen, has enacted the Black Panthers reparations program, is attempting to give illegal alien criminals free College once their taxpayer funded primary schooling ends, has been handing out H1B visas to nearly any nonwhite 3rd worlder who applies for one like it is candy and on and on it goes all while telling “rich people(code for WHITE people in his twisted world)” that BTW, you need to “pay your fair share” and fund all this racist garbage.

So no, the Whites who are standing up and saying we won’t take it aren’t the racists in all of this. Sorry Mainstream Media. That would be akin to calling MLK and the Civil Rights movement a racist uprising. It wasn’t and this isn’t and yeah, NOT sorry Liberals but the example IS comparable.

[quote=“Warrior, post:2, topic:36564”]
Black Pride World Wide?

“Now some are saying this hard-earned pride has become prejudice in the form of blind loyalty to President Barack Obama.”

It is flat out racism, that’s fact.

“Are black people supporting Obama mainly because he’s black?”

It’s the elephant in the room but yes, the vast majority support him unconditionally and will once again vote for him because he is black.

“If race is just one factor in blacks’ support of Obama, does that make them racist?”

Yes, as well as the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

“Can blacks’ support for Obama be compared with white voters who may favor his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, because he’s white?”

In a very small instance yes. For the most part no, the comparison doesn’t fly and the reason is because their great black hope Obama created that backlash. Let us throw out an example. Hypothetically let’s say the election wasn’t Obama vs his white clone Romney. Let’s say hypothetically the election is… Bill Cosby vs David Duke. Would it be racist for the black community to rise up and vote against Duke whose campaign is to strip them of everything, destroy their communities and give their money and goods to the white man because he’s white and been burdened? I wouldn’t call it racism to purposefully vote AGAINST a racist who openly shows a deep hatred for your race and community.

This example as most of us know is already playing out. Right now. We have a President that is a 24 year member(don’t give me this BS that he actually quit) of a racist hate group, who has stacked his administration almost exclusively with racists, who has armed Mexican cartels with military weaponry for the race war they declared on “Aztlan” as well as violent black gangs within our borders, the DHS he’s staffed with racists has made it so if you’re a white male you are the prime terrorist suspect, has given the Black Panthers free reign to suppress white voters at polling booths, came out on TV and condemned white police officers for asking for arresting black male for breaking into a home and refusing to provide I.D. or proof that he owned the home he was prying the front door open on, came out in support of some drug addicted gangbanger who was killed as he was beating on a law abiding citizen, has enacted the Black Panthers reparations program, is attempting to give illegal alien criminals free College once their taxpayer funded primary schooling ends, has been handing out H1B visas to nearly any nonwhite 3rd worlder who applies for one like it is candy and on and on it goes all while telling “rich people(code for WHITE people in his twisted world)” that BTW, you need to “pay your fair share” and fund all this racist garbage.

So no, the Whites who are standing up and saying we won’t take it aren’t the racists in all of this. Sorry Mainstream Media. That would be akin to calling MLK and the Civil Rights movement a racist uprising. It wasn’t and this isn’t and yeah, NOT sorry Liberals but the example IS comparable.
[/quote]Obama and his minions have undone years of blacks and whites learning to work together. This administration from day one has endeavored to create strive among the populace with opening supporting racism and further drumming up hate.

What has Obma really done for the blacks? Unemployment for blacks is higher. Oh, he did black reparations for farmers where it turned into a money making event by those who never farmed but claimed they were hurt by it.

He replaced a few heads around him with black faces but still his main advisors are white. President Bush had more black faces around him

“George W. Bush, 43rd president of the U.S. has appointed more women and more minorities to office than any other president to date.”

Which President did the most to promote civil rights

In 2008, blacks looked monolithic in terms of how they voted (something like 98% or 99% for Obama). But reality is more complex, then and now. Stay-at-homers are likely to mask much of the shift, but many blacks are disappointed, disaffected and even alienated by various things Obama has done and not done. Between blacks who vote for Romney or third party and stay-at-homers, I think Obama has lost a lot of support among black voters. That said, there are many blacks who wil consciously vote their color/race, and if that is the reason for the way they vote, yes, that’s racism. Just as it would be racism for me to intentionally vote for only non-Hispanic whites (something I’ve never done, consciously or unconsciously).

This is primitive tribalism under the guise of being “progressive”. Imagine if some prominent white person said they were voting for Mitt because he is white.

[quote=“RightOnLeftCoast, post:5, topic:36564”]
This is primitive tribalism under the guise of being “progressive”. Imagine if some prominent white person said they were voting for Mitt because he is white.
[/quote]Having had been around for awhile I have seen all kinds of reasons for voting for president with those who think the president is cute or wears boxer shorts, religion,etc but I have never heard lf a majority of people picking a president soley on race like Obama.

Even when Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were running the votes they received were not the reported records numbers for Obama.

Don’t forget the magic polls that say Mitt Romney will get probably 0-5% of the black vote and how he was somehow racist for trying to go to the NAACP to share his views about society. When Joe Biden told a crowd of mostly black folks that Romney and us republicans want to put black people back into chains…

Also try to ask any black person on the street anything about Obama’s policies and they will respond with their mouth wide open. Oblivious to facts.

Yup hypocrites.

Can anyone here name or recall ANY candidate that ever captured approval from 95% to 97% of any identifiable ethnic group of voters? Of course not - you can’t get 95% agreement on whether or not it’s daylight or dark. Of course there is a racial component to Obama’s near unanomous support among African Americans. While I expect there to be some fall-off in support for Obama among black voters, he will no doubt receive upwards of 90% of the black vote.

Warrior:

Bill Cosby vs David Duke.

Be more fun to sit back and watch, say, Robert Byrde vs. Col. West.

Sad, but true.

Robt Byrd vs Colonel West?? Are you kidding 2cent?? Even if allowed to wear a sheet Robert Byrd would have been a 5 to 1 underdog debating against Colonel Sanders!! LMAO!!

Blacks are vote DimOkrat at about a 92%+/-, they do that because they have been told to do so, but the race baiters and by their masters the Dims.

Read Star Parkers book: Uncle Sam’s Plantation.

I personally am ashamed what our govt has done them and I challenge ANYONE to show that their lives are better today than they were in the 1850’s on the plantation. The sting of the masters whip is far worse today than at anytime in their history in the US.

As a whitemaleoppressorcapitalistpig, I would vote for a lesbian quadriplegic atheistic jewish-black woman with an IQ of 62 if I believed she had the right political values, i.e. promised to leave me alone. Voting for a skin color, either for the historical novelty of it or just basic racism, is skin worship. Skin worship is silly. It is akin to worshiping a stomach or a spleen. If it hadn’t caused so much death, destruction and mayhem, it would even be funny.

Obvious racism. After all, only 90% of blacks voted for John Kerry in 2004.

Pay attention son, pay attention:

"Blacks are vote DimOkrat at about a 92%+/-, they do that because they have been told to do so, by the race baiters and by their masters the Dims.

Read Star Parkers book: Uncle Sam’s Plantation.

I personally am ashamed what our govt has done them and I challenge ANYONE to show that their lives are better today than they were in the 1850’s on the plantation. The sting of the masters whip is far worse today than at anytime in their history in the US."

lol I’ve SEEN this on Howard Stern!!!

[quote=“Caudipteryx, post:14, topic:36564”]
Obvious racism. After all, only 90% of blacks voted for John Kerry in 2004.
[/quote]I’ve heard from multiple people, interviews, including PBS, that their skin worship was the reason they voted for The One. The folks I’ve talked to personally did it for the historic nature of it – in other words, they voted for a dude cuz his skin is brown. They’re skin worshipers, but it only applies to whomever it applies to.

Still, why is the black vote so monolithic?

Because it’s politically correct.

I’ve also heard (and have recordings) from multiple tea party activists that his skin color is the reason he voted against him, if “multiple people” is a valid basis for generalizing about a very large number.

At least 90% of black Americans voted for the last Democratic candidate, so it seems silly to say that’s why they support this one. They support him mainly because blacks are heavily Democratic.

Do black people suport Obama because he’s black?
Do birds fly because they have wings? About the same % as support Obama because he’s black.