"Do me a favor?" That's it?

“Do me a favor.”

This is it? This is what the Democrats have on Trump. Too absurd, even for them.

But when I listen to the discussions, I don’t hear anything else. Trump asked for a favor. So he should be impeached? Yeah, and Bill DeBlasio should be president.

——————————-

Why don’t Republicans explain the obvious?

If you need some sugar, you don’t go to your neighbor and say, "Give me some sugar.” I bet we all agree on that.

You try to be super-polite. You try to be respectful. You want to stay friendly. You want to be sure you get the sugar.

So you say: “Wow, I am in a jam. I just searched the whole kitchen. I can’t find any sugar. I would really appreciate it if you do me a favor and give me a cup of sugar. Just for a day.”

And if you happen to be rich and famous, like Trump, you do even more of this because you don’t want people to think you’re a jerk.

Furthermore, if you’re a new president and you’re working with strangers from all around the world, you want to find out how to push their buttons. You have to start off extra-nice so you learn about each person. Maybe next year you will really want a favor. There are so many reasons to proceed gently.

———————-

PS: If you need a gift for a smart friend… Please consider "Saving K-12." It explains what happened to our public schools and how we fix them. Time to take back the schools. [Info about book.]

Bruce Deitrick Price

3 Likes