Do We Know What's on the Moon

I once had a longtime friend who lived in Pasadena, California. She and her former husband were my family’s neighbors for about 3 years not long after the end of WW II. She and her youngest daughter lived in Pasadena and, on my weekend trips to LA before I was married, I’d usually sleep on her fold-out couch while I was there. She was a VERY bright lady–who, sadly, died in a nursing facility in Washington State a few years ago. At that time, she was working at the JPL…the Jet Propulsion Laboratories. She once swore to me that we had photographs of three obelisks, erected side-by-side, that looked very much like the Washington Monument, except made of some black material, highly polished, on the Moon! Anyone else ever hear of this?

Transient lunar phenomenon perhaps, or maybe the picture was from a weird angle with unusual lighting. Ever seen that photo with what looks like pyramids on Mars? Or the face on Mars? Nothing special about those, just low resolution photographs and shadows. Probably something similar to that.

Or aliens trying to troll humanity, who knows.

Its the Asgard, they are marking this area as protected from the Goa’uld. (Yes I am joking)

1 Like

Yes, moonshine.

1 Like

that obelisk from 2001. Check carefully you will find one on Jupiter.

2001 didn’t have an “obelisk”. It had a square monument. Obelisks taper and come to a point at one end or the other.

Hahaha! Quite funny, actually.
And here I was going to say, “American Cheese.”

It is an Obelisk of Nod. Better kill the generators with Orca’s before approaching the base.

:coffee_spray:

Alice would be my other guess---------------------------------see who gets this.

I thought it was Swiss cheese…

ALICE’S restaurant!!!

[quote=“njc17, post:10, topic:42870”]
Alice would be my other guess---------------------------------see who gets this.
[/quote]“Restaurant at the End of the Universe”, “The Hitchhikers Guide Guide to the Galaxy”, Douglas Adams (rest his soul.)

Mrs. Alice Beeblebrox, Zaphod’s favorite mother.

I don’t remember that reference (I know who Zaphod Beeblbrox is, but I don’t recall any mention of his mother or “favorite” mother; I wonder which head of his was her favorite…). Been a while since I’ve read Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

You’re all wrong; it’s leftover Nazis…

The Nazis set up a secret base on the dark side of the moon in 1945 where they hide out and plan to return to power in 2018.

What are you talking about??? They returned to power in 2008 and again in 2012…

2 Likes

“It’s only a paper moon
under a paper sky.”

Ralph’s wife!! silly, wasn’t he going to send her to the moon? Ralph who? you might ask? Cramden of course.

and what’s on the moon??? The Rovers!

“One of the days, Alice! Pow! right in the kisser!”