Do You Live In A Death Spiral State?

Nothing really new here, we all can pretty much name the States in question. Just interesting to see it all spelled out.

[William Baldwin](http://blogs.forbes.com/baldwin/), Forbes Staff             

Don’t buy a house in a state where private sector workers are outnumbered by folks dependent on government.
Thinking about buying a house? Or a municipal bond? Be careful where you put your capital. Don’t put it in a state at high risk of a fiscal tailspin.

Eleven states make our list of danger spots for investors. They can look forward to a rising tax burden, deteriorating state finances and an exodus of employers. The list includes California, New York, Illinois and Ohio, along with some smaller states like New Mexico and Hawaii.

If your career takes you to Los Angeles or Chicago, don’t buy a house. Rent.

If you have money in municipal bonds, clean up the portfolio. Sell holdings from the sick states and reinvest where you’re less likely to get clipped. Nebraska and Virginia are unlikely to give their bondholders a Greek haircut. California and New York are comparatively risky.

Do You Live In A Death Spiral State? - Forbes

Top 10 cities where folks are moving too ASAP:

#1 Dallas-Ft Worth

San Antonio

Houston

Austin

Whew…not there yet.

I live in California. And while I won’t dare to dispute the assertions of the article…I am just thinking about the weather and the natural beauty of Northern California. I have been ALL over the USA and Western Europe and there isn’t a better place to live!

Ronald Reagan came from this state. Likely another great Republican leader is going to come out of this state.

Ahh yes, I have lived in kali, Carmel in fact, 17 Mile Dr, Pacific Grove, drove PCH in both directions from top to bottom, traveled in every state, Europe, Asia, Latin America and you are right Kali is as pretty as it gets…but kinda reminds me of the beautiful girl who has AIDS, the beauty is only skin deep, beneath that is corruption, bankruptcy, arrogance and and some of the ugliest people in the world on the inside.

I concur regarding the California people, they are the most despicable monsters to ever consume oxygen. This State has no Conservative presence in any Party, our “people” have declared war on every productive person and entity so most all of the decent humans have fled.

This cesspool deserves everything that is going to happen here in the next couple of years, I only hope that the rest of America is very vocal in demanding that the Federal Government NOT bail us out.

I cannot imagine that bammy will NOT bail them out, he owes them BIG time