DO you miss Bush?

Do you miss Bush. Why and why not? I miss Bush. Things seemed more stable when he was in charge. Now you can’t go days without hearing about some type of violence or suicide bombs in the Middle East.

8 years of his overspending was enough.

As much as I loved Bush. His policies were not good. The systematic dismantling of our freedoms in the name of “security” is not something that I hold in high regard.

I remember hearing about car bombs every day when Bush was President…

Compared to Obama… I’d rather have had 4 more years of Bush. Would I want him again…not so much…though I think he was good on terrorism and a fine man who loves his country and those who serve. I’m with Scott on the overspending…and the public understandably gives Obama a pass on the economy because of it…(of course that is wrong…but it is a fact for half the country.)

Yes.

Bush knew what was at stake in the War On Terror.
Bush was respected by the world whether they liked him or not.
Bush would not have spent one trillion dollars of my granddaughters money buying off the Unions.
Bush would not have signed a takeover of 1/7th of the nations economy.
Bush would have done anything to stop the economic cycle from completing so we would be going stronger now.
Bush was not a lazy imbecile who would have turned over the Executive Branch to Pelosi/Reid for 2 years.
Bush would not have a Corrupt, Incompetent, Racist, Communist for an Attorney General.
Bush would not have an imbecile as Secretary of State.
Bush would not have left our Ambassador to be raped, murdered and drug through the street.
Bush would not have a candy ass as an ambassador to the U.N.
Bush would not have appointed Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court.
Bush would not have appointed Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court.
Bush was an honest man whether he was right or wrong.
Bush would not make us endure an idiot as press secretary indefinitely.
Bush knew the difference between “Allies” and “Enemies”.
Bush’s overall spending would have been a fraction of Obama’s even though still too high.
Bush would not have ceased issuing oil drilling permits on Federal Land.
Barbara Bush would not have implemented a “one size fits all” menu to our schools.
Bush would not have repealed the Welfare Work Mandate.
Bush would not be fighting to raise taxes every time a temporary measure expires.
Bush would have got the Constitutionally mandated budget done and signed every year instead of 4 years of free spending “continuing resolutions”.
Bush would not have honored a murderous Communist like “Che” Guevara on the White House Christmas Tree.
Bush would not have insulted Britain by sending Churchill’s Bust back (or 100 other slights).
Bush was not a Racist.
Bush would not have blocked the Keystone Pipeline.
Bush would not have taken credit for the successes of our All Voluntary Military Personnel.
Bush would not have leaked classified information to movie producers, needlessly endangering our troops further.
Dick Cheney would still be the Vice President, insuring competence if anything happened to the President.
Bush would still have the respect of our troops.
Bush would still call “Terrorism” Terrorism and would respond accordingly.
Bush would not have returned to the failed “limited response” strategy to Terrorist Attacks.
Bush would not have praised our enemies.
Bush would not have spitted on Israel numerous times.
Bush would not have apologized for America or even consider the idea that America owed an apology to anyone.
Bush would not have appointed anyone stupid enough to give arms to Mexican drug cartels.
Bush would not have transformed N.A.S.A. into a Muslim outreach program.
Bush would have far fewer “Czars” and none would be admitted Communist’s.
Bush would not have used the repaid T.A.R.P. loans as his personal slush fund.
Bush would not have demeaned American Businessmen as leaches.
Bush would not have looked like a girl every time he was invited to throw out a "First Pitch"
Bush would not have had Anarchist Rappers performing at the White House.
Bush would not have forgotten what is like to see 3000 Americans burned, crushed and leaping to their deaths from skyscrapers.

I could do this all night but I have to be back on the road in a few hours, the point is that Bush was not a great economic Conservative but he was/is a great and honorable man who respected America and the Office of the Presidency.

Obama on his best day is not fit to even walk in Bush’s shadow.

I’d have a beer with him, I admit.

[quote=“RET423, post:6, topic:36395”]
Yes.

Bush knew what was at stake in the War On Terror.
Bush was respected by the world whether they liked him or not.
Bush would not have spent one trillion dollars of my granddaughters money buying off the Unions.
Bush would not have signed a takeover of 1/7th of the nations economy.
Bush would have done anything to stop the economic cycle from completing so we would be going stronger now.
Bush was not a lazy imbecile who would have turned over the Executive Branch to Pelosi/Reid for 2 years.
Bush would not have a Corrupt, Incompetent, Racist, Communist for an Attorney General.
Bush would not have an imbecile as Secretary of State.
Bush would not have left our Ambassador to be raped, murdered and drug through the street.
Bush would not have a candy ass as an ambassador to the U.N.
Bush would not have appointed Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court.
Bush would not have appointed Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court.
Bush was an honest man whether he was right or wrong.
Bush would not make us endure an idiot as press secretary indefinitely.
Bush knew the difference between “Allies” and “Enemies”.
Bush’s overall spending would have been a fraction of Obama’s even though still too high.
Bush would not have ceased issuing oil drilling permits on Federal Land.
Barbara Bush would not have implemented a “one size fits all” menu to our schools.
Bush would not have repealed the Welfare Work Mandate.
Bush would not be fighting to raise taxes every time a temporary measure expires.
Bush would have got the Constitutionally mandated budget done and signed every year instead of 4 years of free spending “continuing resolutions”.
Bush would not have honored a murderous Communist like “Che” Guevara on the White House Christmas Tree.
Bush would not have insulted Britain by sending Churchill’s Bust back (or 100 other slights).
Bush was not a Racist.
Bush would not have blocked the Keystone Pipeline.
Bush would not have taken credit for the successes of our All Voluntary Military Personnel.
Bush would not have leaked classified information to movie producers, needlessly endangering our troops further.
Dick Cheney would still be the Vice President, insuring competence if anything happened to the President.
Bush would still have the respect of our troops.
Bush would still call “Terrorism” Terrorism and would respond accordingly.
Bush would not have returned to the failed “limited response” strategy to Terrorist Attacks.
Bush would not have praised our enemies.
Bush would not have spitted on Israel numerous times.
Bush would not have apologized for America or even consider the idea that America owed an apology to anyone.
Bush would not have appointed anyone stupid enough to give arms to Mexican drug cartels.
Bush would not have transformed N.A.S.A. into a Muslim outreach program.
Bush would have far fewer “Czars” and none would be admitted Communist’s.
Bush would not have used the repaid T.A.R.P. loans as his personal slush fund.
Bush would not have demeaned American Businessmen as leaches.
Bush would not have looked like a girl every time he was invited to throw out a "First Pitch"
Bush would not have had Anarchist Rappers performing at the White House.
Bush would not have forgotten what is like to see 3000 Americans burned, crushed and leaping to their deaths from skyscrapers.

I could do this all night but I have to be back on the road in a few hours, the point is that Bush was not a great economic Conservative but he was/is a great and honorable man who respected America and the Office of the Presidency.

Obama on his best day is not fit to even walk in Bush’s shadow.
[/quote]Well done. I’ll go with this.

I agree. Good List.

RET said it all, better than I could. I agree. Well Done, RET.

What can I say but

?

Your so cool RET!!!

He quit drinking. Drink with** this one**, instead (if there would be any left for you).

I don’t do you-tube, but based on the first comment, Biden sounds very much like my ex-husband - and he never drank in the time I knew him.

RET: Amen to that! I think you should mail your “Bush would not…” list to the Romney folks. They could use it for the next debate! :banana: :usa:

No.

Bush ran up massive deficits, expanded entitlements, got us into unnecessary wars, gave us NCLB, gave us the “Patriot” Act, warrantless searches, the TSA…

Edit: Oh and the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression happened on his watch. I don’t fully put the blame on him, but his policies certainly contributed.

Grow up Jebby, He probably saved your butt.

I think Jebby is another lib Bush-basher… Everything was/is Bush’s fault… Why, it’s probably somehow Bush’s fault that BO was “off his game” during the debate. I’m sure Bush is also somehow responsible for BO hating America…

When did I ever say everything was Bush’s fault. I specifically said I don’t fully blame him for the financial crisis. Our economic problems were decades in the making and no one person or event is fully to blame.

I do blame Bush for his reckless spending and the massive growth of the federal government and executive power, though. There he could have done something, but he didn’t.

I’m a fiscal conservative, so how the heck am I supposed to defend Bush’s fiscal record?