Doctor Floes Rainbow flag in Saudi Arabic get arrested

A man who was arrested for flying a gay pride flag from his home says he had no idea of its meaning - claiming he just thought it was “pretty”.
The doctor came to the attention of religious authorities when he flew the flag at home in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
They took exception to it because homosexuality is still illegal in the kingdom.
He said that he bought the offending flag online after one of his children found the colours pretty.
But when he hoisted it at his house on a three-metre flagpole, the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice arrested him, according to Albawaba.
He has since been bailed, and the flag has been taken down.

Doctor arrested for flying rainbow flag in Saudi Arabia says he had no idea it represented gay pride - Mirror Online

This is another case like we saw with the student in North Korea who did not take into account the nation that they were in. A doctor should have the brains to know what the rainbow flag stands for and that Saudi Arabia prosecutes gays. This is a country that hangs violators of the law and morals in public.

In his case, the problem wasn’t the nation he was in so much as was his ignorance of the meaning of the flag.

Yeah, why would he fly something that he didn’t understand in the first place> Seems to me. especially in Saudi Arabia where Islam is so strict, he would be more careful.

Well, I have to agree there. It does amaze me, though, that he didn’t know.

So, where are the liberal pinheads that espouse loyalty to the LGBT community? Oh, that;s right. They are over defending the Muslim Community.

It never ceases to amaze me how liberals castigate us for our speech against Islam, while ignoring the fact that Islam, yes Muslims, treat the LGBTs like animals.
It is OK if Muslim nations(read, “the People”) mistreat groups of people, but we cannot even speak badly about them.
My Goodness. How this country existed this long, is beyond me.

Um, no? I’m just not going to come in here and defend this doctor, only to be told that I’m an idiot for doing so, like in the student in North Korea thread. Sharia law is barbaric. He shouldn’t be punished for flying this flag. But of course he will be. He probably shouldn’t have flown it.

Dang. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.

Then I’ll do it for you. Unlike Liberals, I am not afraid to stand for what I believe.
Islam is evil, just for reasons like this. Anyone who cannot see that THIS is Islam, is naive, at best, and stupid, otherwise. This man has done nothing to be punished for, even if he knew what the flag stood for.
Your little buddy in North Korea, DID do something against their laws. Maybe they were too hard on him, by our standards, but he did break the law. All this guy in Saudi Arabia did, was mistake the meaning of a flag. There is no Islamic statute against ignorance. If he were truly homosexual, they’d at least, have an argument. But, he isn’t. So, they don’t.

The doctor broke the law, too. Both laws are unjust. Yet when I said we should try to get an American citizen home from North Korea, I was attacked. So, kept my mouth shut here to let you guys blather about this doctor:

This is another case like we saw with the student in North Korea who did not take into account the nation that they were in. A doctor should have the brains to know what the rainbow flag stands for and that Saudi Arabia prosecutes gays. This is a country that hangs violators of the law and morals in public.

But nope. Got attacked for letting you guys have at it this time.

He broke the law as well but I guess that does not count to you. He went to a country he knows is hostile to america and deliberately broke the law. As for the doctor, I figure if he is smart enough to become one, he should be smart enough to know what the laws and views are in the country he lives in.

I literally just said they both broke the law.

Well, I can see that homosexuality is against their laws, but I can find nothing about flying a rainbow flag. After all, doesn’t Allah fly a rainbow after a rain storm?
Once again, if the flag was a direct violation of law, don’t you think the good Doctor would have known that? I am sure something as grievous to them as homosexuality , would cause them to define their laws to include symbols. But, no matter.

Anyone found to be committing homosexual, transgender or cross-dressing offences may find themselves jailed, fined, whipped or put to death.

So, if flying the flag itself were illegal, why was he allowed to bail out? Why was he not fined, jailed whipped or killed?
Hmmm.
Either way, he unintentionally did something. Now, you want me to be tolerant to Muslims, when they do people like this? Sure, I do not condone Homosexuality, but I don’t condone persecution, either. Sharia is evil and those who support it are evil.

Tolerance? No thanx.

Saudi government ‘wants to EXECUTE gay people who show their sexuality in public & online’

The government in the Sunni Kingdom is reportedly demanding tougher punishments on those found guilty and claimed social media has caused a boom in homosexuality.

According to Okaz newspaper, the last six months has seen 35 cases of homosexuality and 50 cases of cross-dressers as well as cases of "sexual perversion” in Saudi Arabia.

Snip:

The judiciary reportedly also claimed there has been a large rise in “perverts” displaying “sins and obscenities” on social media in the Sunni Kingdom.

It comes after a Saudi man was arrested this week when he raised the rainbow flag outside his home in Jeddah.

Saudi Arabia

A little more information.