Does a low IQ make you right-wing?

So right-wingers are stupid – it’s official. Psychologists in Canada have compared IQ scores of several thousand British children, who were born in 1958 and 1970, with their stated views as adults on things such as treatment of criminals and openness to working with or living near to people of other races.

Read more: Does a low IQ make you right-wing? That depends on how you define left and right | Mail Online

Consider this, the typical liberal is represented more by the shenanigans of people that frequented the OCCUPY movement where they are disorderly and left the area where they are messed up. Meanwhile those rightwingers protests are peaceful and well thought out with coherent messages and the place is left neat and clean.

The study doesn’t find a correlation between conservatism and stupidity, but between bigotry and stupidity.

Yes, Conservatives are so stupid that they need not live in their Conservative parents’ basements or expect everyone else to provide for their existence.

Go over to DU and see how they are constantly complaining that they don’t have jobs and need to be supported off of the taxes paid by all of those stupid Conservatives that have jobs.

They are so much smarter than us.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:3, topic:39485”]
Yes, Conservatives are so stupid that they need not live in their Conservative parents’ basements or expect everyone else to provide for their existence.

Go over to DU and see how they are constantly complaining that they don’t have jobs and need to be supported off of the taxes paid by all of those stupid Conservatives that have jobs.

They are so much smarter than us.
[/quote]Yes we should follow the liberal feeling of Jazz in his quest/sarcasm

There is always the Honesty Factor.

Lower IQ people tend to be less well off than higher IQ people. This is natural. However, people of higher means have more to lose, and a good % of them got into their relative socioeconomic position by ‘playing ball.’ You know to say the right things to the right people and you don’t jeopardize your career over a political view.

If smarter(and typically better-off) people are truly have less severe views on crime and punishment, then why are their communities gated? If smarter(and typically better-off) people are truly less racist, then why are they much more likely to live in communities that for all intents and purposes are still segregated?

It isn’t because issues like gay rights, crime and punishment, racial relations and the welfare system are necessarily different among the two groups, it is because of the social acceptability of the views in the first place.

Liberals being allowed to conquer academia and the media today is the source of what will become socially acceptable tomorrow. It is time for conservatives to stop hiding from academia and fight to claim it. Of course that is not possible if there is still a sizable % of conservatives that honestly thinks being anti-intellectual is a good thing.

Racism isn’t right-wing.

Not in reality, but in politics, the media and academia it is.

When opposing AA is racist, then conservatives are the racists.
When opposing the welfare system is racist, then conservatives are racists.
When opposing unlimited immigration is racist, then conservatives are racists.
It all starts in academia and filters down from there.

I wasn’t being sarcastic, sam. Conservatism has nothing to do with bigotry. In the sixties, William F. Buckley took a stand against a strand of “conservatism” that was anti-Semitic. Said it loud and clear that mainstream conservatism could not and would not be associated with such paranoid, hateful attitudes.

IQ testing has been shown to be a completely meaningless measure of anything numerous times. As a Lefty it might be nice to believe that those who disagree with my are just less intelligent but firstly that just isn’t true and secondly, even if it were, IQ ratings would be a completely meaningless way of showing it.

Not true, but it doesn’t mean what many people think it means.

IQ tests ‘do not reflect intelligence’ - Telegraph

IQ tests are ‘fundamentally flawed’ and using them alone to measure intelligence is a ‘fallacy’, study finds - Science - News - The Independent

They may measure something but that something has no bearing on what we commonly perceive as ‘intelligence’. So in a sense I don’t disagree, it does work, but as you say people have such a vague notion of their value as to render most references to them meaningless.

There are always people trying to say that IQ tests are meaningless - been saying it almost as long as I can remember (and that’s been a loooooong time), but they are still being used. They don’t necessarily indicate how “smart” you are, but if you pay attention, you can recognize people as smarter or not as smart as you (not based on whether or not you agree or disagree with them), and you will often find that the “smarter” person tests higher on an IQ test than you, and the not-so-smart one tests lower. I think part of it is how good your memory is - but also how fast that memory works. The questions are based on things most people would be exposed to ordinarily. A person might test lower if his exposure is limited - but if that part of his experience is corrected, his IQ will increase. Otherwise, IQ’s are pretty stable. The results of testing may vary, however, depending on circumstances (i.e., if you’re not feeling well, you won’t likely score as well as if you are on top of the world. Using a single testing should not be relied upon. BTW, though, in spite of the fact that they have been “proven” to be unreliable, there is still a lot of reliance on them.

My apologies, and no personal offence meant, but that’s utter hogwash.

Well, some people might test higher than others, but it has nothing whatsoever in the outcome of one’s success.

My IQ tested out at 120 or plus. I honestly don’t recall if it was 120 or 130. I have absolutely no idea what that means, and don’t care. I may have just outed myself for being stupid, or the other way.

It’s meaningless in the game of things, as people who’ve tested lower or higher have been less successful than I, or far more successful than I.

My son, I feared, was a genius. It terrified me. Maybe I should have worked to cultivate it, instead. That’s how smart I am.

[quote=“2cent, post:13, topic:39485”]
My apologies, and no personal offence meant, but that’s utter hogwash.

Well, some people might test higher than others, but it has nothing whatsoever in the outcome of one’s success.

My IQ tested out at 120 or plus. I honestly don’t recall if it was 120 or 130. I have absolutely no idea what that means, and don’t care. I may have just outed myself for being stupid, or the other way.

It’s meaningless in the game of things, as people who’ve tested lower or higher have been less successful than I, or far more successful than I.

My son, I feared, was a genius. It terrified me. Maybe I should have worked to cultivate it, instead. That’s how smart I am.
[/quote]My daughter has autism. She tested twice, one year. The first time, she was right at 100. Less than a month later, at my request, they retested her. She scored over 140. They told me it was her attitude, that made the difference. Since she was stressed the first time, she did poorly. She knew what to expect the second time. She did well.
I do not know whether or not it is a good indicator, but I know people with low IQ who have more wisdom than any one here.

I never said it had anything to do in the outcome of one’s success. I did say some still take it into consideration. Actually, I guess it does have some to do with it, but precious little. There are many other factors. Personality, attitude, etc. And intelligence and/or knowledge is trumped by wisdom. I’ve seen more wisdom in some lower IQ people! IQ just pretty much indicates your ability to remember, and rapid recall.

Tiny - what I have often heard is that when you take an IQ test, your IQ is at least as high as the results show. There can be many factors in a false low - attitude, as you mentioned. Also if you aren’t feeling well when you take the test. I suppose there are many factors. I only know what FC scored once on a test when when he was about 7 or 8, and I know it was way too low. He didn’t take it seriously.

On the other hand if one is physically strong according to another study you are a rightwinger because liberals are weak that is why they need a nanny government to watch over them. Liberals and especially progressives need to worry about political correctness and words because they are offended at a black horse and white girl story

It’s the ability to solve problems rapidly. A high IQ means someone is highly intelligent. This doesn’t mean success is fated though. One can have a outstanding IQ (say 200) and not do anything beneficial. Einstein reportedly tested at 160, look what he did with that.

Point being, IQ is a gift that one can use. That’s all.

Here’s an IQ distribution chart.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/iqtable.aspx

Both the hag and her slob husband scored an IQ of over 140… nuff said…