Does anyone have sleep apnea?

I know I’ve been out of site for a while.

In the mean time, I’ve been hammered by work.

Also, I finally went into do a sleep study to determine what I already knew, that I had sleep apnea. The doc explained, I didn’t break any records-but was close to it in his office, but that basically I had about 75 events per hour which interrupt my sleep, of those, I stop breathing about 34 times.

This explains a lot, and tomorrow I’m going in to get my cpap machine.

So does anyone else suffer from this?

My dad has sleep apnea, and he has a CPAP machine. We call it his "snorfle’. It broke the last time we went on vacation (with us all in one room, of course) and none of us were able to get any sleep for a couple of nights. xP

I’ve seen machines for sleep apnea that appear far more comfortable than that horrid gas mask looking thing. (I’d be ripping it off in two seconds.)
These have hoses with a simple nose plug like what people use with oxygen tanks.
I’ve lost the link, but they can’t be very hard to find. You might want to look into them before getting your cpap machine.

If you can get hold of Preacher, about a year or so ago, he was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and has been using a CPAP machine ever since.

My dad’s just has a nose mask, like what they use to give you nitrous oxide at the dentist.

When I was tested, they showed me 2 different masks. I had to choose in advance, in case my situation was clearly indicated during the testing. One was the nose mask. I chose the other, since I am a mouth-breather, and the nose mask might be insufficient.

My dentist uses thin hoses attached to a simple nose plug. No mask. Has, for the last 30 years.
I’ve seen devices with this exact same device used for sleep apnea.
Problem is, I can’t find the link at the moment.

[quote=“2cent, post:7, topic:28777”]
My dentist uses thin hoses attached to a simple nose plug. No mask. Has, for the last 30 years.
I’ve seen devices with this exact same device used for sleep apnea.
Problem is, I can’t find the link at the moment.
[/quote]Is this it

Alternative Special Oxygen Cannula’s and Masks

I don’t know if it’s me waking me up, the dog, the cats, the wife, or sometimes the daughter kicking me in the ribs… but I rarely sleep well. Might be sleep apnea. IF I ever find out it is, I’m going to the VA for compensation…
:howler:

I never sleep well, which is why I decided to go get tested.

I went back today for the follow up and chose a mask, basically its just soft tubing going into the nostrils. seemed as the least intrusive.

I have sleep apnea, and had it for 11 years. I use a Bi-Pap machine with the nose mask.

I used to snore so loud my dog would sit in front of me (while I was in a chair) and bark till I awoke.

When I went to the doctor, he made a remark that, “sleep apnea is the latest yuppie disorder”. He sent me to be tested anyway and when he got the report, it came back as “severe sleep apnea”. My doctor then changed his tune.

I get a good night’s sleep now.

If the sports fans remember, defensive end Reggie White died because of sleep apnea.

I rarely sleep well, either, but the test showed negative for sleep apnea.

A lady I worked with went to the Cleveland Clinic for sleep disorders. This was after some of my co-workers were telling me about how great the Cleveland Clinic was. She said, from what she had gleaned on the internet about sleep disorders, she knew more about it than the doctor she was referred to.

Maybe you’re just an insomniac…

Sometimes my sleep patterns indicate that, but I often wake up during the night (I rarely sleep for more than 2 hours at a stretch), and most times I go back to sleep within a few minutes.

Harsh. I have trouble getting to sleep usually, but I sleep very soundly once I do. I’ve literally slept through earthquakes.

So have I. Might have something to do with the part of the country I live in…

Your earthquakes are tiny, aren’t they? There are no major faults in your area…

No; in fact, you might even say I’m faultless! :biggrin:

Or you might not…

:rofl: I set you up for that one.