DOJ Memo says drone strikes on U.S. citizens legal

**SORRY–SAME ARTICLE ON OTHER THREAD…SORRY!!

**Ok…I need some help here. What does this mean?

» DOJ Memo says drone strikes on U.S. citizens legal » News – GOPUSA

It means they will do it whether it is legal or not.

Just like Wolf Blitzer who said Sheriffs must obey executive orders. They do not care about the rule of law, just the rule of the feds.

“That is nowhere justifiable under the Constitution, nowhere justifiable under federal law,” Judge Andrew Napolitano argued on FOX News today. “In fact, federal law and the Constitution are to the opposite. Unless you are actually pulling a trigger or are in moments of pulling that trigger or dropping a bomb, the government has an obligation to do its best to arrest you and charge you with a crime and prosecute you before it can indiscriminately kill you.”

Wow. Do you think the American public understands the implications of this?

No, and most Americans won’t care. Did you see any outrage about indefinite detention? How about extraordinary renditions? Or the assassinations of 3 American citizens, including a 16 year old boy?

I am in FULL AGREEMENT with the DOJ memo. If an American citizen takes up arms with Al Queda against this country, we have every right to go after that so called citizen and kill them…just as we would any Al Queda operative. It is just plain stupid to draw a distinction based on birth rather than on warlike terrorist acts against this country.
Typical head in the sand libertarian outrage on this. Me…I don’t worry about being targeted or know ANYONE whose rights have been violated by a drone.
And indefinite deteintion, extraordinary renditions, targeted killings of terrorists who happen to have citizenship yet kill other Americans and YES…waterboarding are GREAT tools for our government to have and use as necessary in our war against the jihadist hordes who only want the rest of us dead.
You kill vipers…you don’t ask where they’re from.

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen you write dude. All they have to do is say that you were a terrorist and make it sensational. Boom. “Don’t worry he is a terrorist” American public: “oh okay, we’ll thanks for saving us”

I must say that I am not familiar with indefinite detention, extraordinary renditions or the assassination to which you are referring. Can you explain? Thanks ahead of time! :slight_smile:

Read about NDAA act. And read about Awlaki

Will do…get back to ya later! :slight_smile:

The “assassination” was the drone strike in Yemen that killed senior al-qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki

Obama’s statement about it

The death of Awlaki is a major blow to Al-Qaeda’s most active operational affiliate.** He took the lead in planning and directing efforts to murder innocent Americans … and he repeatedly called on individuals in the United States and around the globe to kill innocent men, women and children to advance a murderous agenda.** [The strike] is further proof that Al-Qaeda and its affiliates will find no safe haven anywhere in the world

Two U.S.-Born Terrorists Killed in CIA-Led Drone Strike | Fox News

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:4, topic:38101”]
Wow. Do you think the American public understands the implications of this?
[/quote]Mostly no. And many aren’t even aware.

I don’t fear Al Qaeda enough to remove the Bill of Rights, which are only a Bill of Privileges if you revoke them when you please.

So many people die from other things it is laughable to consider “terrorism” so important that you can’t follow constitutional procedures.

Half know, Half don’t. Of the Half that do. a fourth support it, a fourth oppose it, a fourth are apathetic about it, and a fourth of “He is Obama, he is the holy one. We mustn’t question his omnipotence or face the fiery hell that is Texas”. Of the fourth who oppose it, a third do so because its too expensive, a third because it would bother them personally, a third because it is a violation of the Constitution and a terrible first step towards a totalitarian government. Do the math, that’s how many people actually understand what he is doing. Pathetic really.

Yep…more naive baying at the moon and all the things that supposedly COULD happen. Thanks…but I’ll take my chances with the military before I’ll take my chances with Libertarian foreign policy. Somehow I feel safer that way.
" “**Lawfulness of a Lethal Operation Directed Against a U.S. Citizen who is a Senior Operational Leader of Al-Qaida or An Associated Force,” ** Gee…doesn’t sound like from the title of the thing that they are targeting your average US Citizen… but I suppose you’re all worried that you could easily be classified as a senior Al-Qauda official or an associated force. Hmmmm…associated force…do the Paulbots count as one?? I guess you could make the case that they are Al-qaida enablers!
Finally…a solution to the Paulbots!! Drone the Drones!! :rofl:

Palmer Raids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, I’m one of those who didn’t know about it and once I found out about it, had a difficult time understanding it. Now I know about it and I’m going to be sure to find out more. That’s why I posted it. I’m still not sure I understand what it is about even after accessing the various links provided.

I’m not sure I’m in line with libertarian foreign policy. I just think that drone attacks on us citizens is an awful idea

US “citizens” who live overseas and are intricate members of al-qaeda are hardly what I would consider real US citizens

BOP: This is scarey…I agree with you! :freaked: :awkward: That must mean that I have no idea what this whole issue is really about.