Donald Trump believes he was born to be king

As campaign reporters are now coming to realize, Trump is not concerned with anyone’s dignity, even his own, and will readily deploy lies and distortions when they serve as applause lines. None of the Trump claims checked by Politifact has turned out to be absolutely true by its standards, while 30 have been judged false or, worse, “pants on fire” statements. Yet Trump refuses to correct himself and, instead, ups the ante. Recently he tweeted race-baiting false statistics that appeared to have originated from a neo-Nazi source.

Some who try to understand why Trump would do such things might wonder if he’s a deeply wounded, insecure soul compensating with narcissistic bluster. This diagnosis doesn’t fit the Trump who answered my questions for many hours, nor does it match the conclusion reached by his second wife, Marla Maples. “He’s a king,” said Maples when I interviewed her. “I mean truly. He is. He’s a king. He really is a ruler of the world, as he sees it.”

Trump has handed down his sense of entitlement to the next generation. His son Donald Jr. told me: “Like him, I’m a big believer in race-horse theory. He’s an incredibly accomplished guy, my mother’s incredibly accomplished, she’s an Olympian, so I’d like to believe genetically I’m predisposed to [be] better than average.”

The notion that Donald Jr.'s mother, Ivana Trump, was an Olympic skier in 1972 persists even though her country, Czechoslovakia, fielded no team. Her son not only believes the tall tale, he’s convinced that it affirms his own superiority. “I’m in the high percentile on the bell curve,” he said. He then added that his father’s abilities are even greater. “That’s what separates him from everyone I know.”

The racehorse theory of human development explains Trump’s belief in his suitability for political leadership, despite the fact that he has never held office. He’s absolutely convinced that America’s problems will be solved by his God-given management skills, bankruptcies notwithstanding. You are either born with superior qualities — the right DNA — or you are not. And people get what they deserve. In his case, that includes the White House.
http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=10

Interesting take on what makes Trump tick from a biographer of his.

[quote=“Skeptic, post:1, topic:47870”]
Interesting take on what makes Trump tick from a biographer of his.
[/quote]:asleep:

The credibility of your source, is suspect, because in 1972, they did have an Olympic ski team. They won the Bronze, in Cross Country. AND, she was allegedly chosen as an alternate. My brother was an alternate on our Archery Team, in 1976, but I never found any record of that. I know it was true, because I was there.

Another hit on Donald? My goodness you guys are persistent. I have seen your ilk on this site, proclaiming that Trump is taking focus from Hillary, whom we should be attacking? How is what you are doing, any different?
Fear, much? Instead of fighting the Dems, you choose to continue trying to politically assassinate Trump. If you folks weren’t afraid of him, you’d dismiss his rhetoric and move on. Wow, he’s got you guys flippin’, like a fish out of water. What are you so afraid of? What makes him so bad, that Hillary is a better alternative? We know how she’d screw American to the wall. He might actually solve a problem or two.
Amazing.

Hillary is not a better alternative. Trump might just manage to get her elected though. As for the blockhead himself I suspect he’d create more problems than he’d solve.

Your opinion, nothing more.
So, if Hillary is more undesirable, will you vote for Trump against her, if he gets the nod?
You are not sitting her railing against her, just Trump. What are you so afraid of? What makes you think he’d do worse than Jeb, or Marco?
Heavens, you guys need to get a grip.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:5, topic:47870”]
Your opinion, nothing more.So, if Hillary is more undesirable, will you vote for Trump against her, if he gets the nod?You are not sitting her railing against her, just Trump. What are you so afraid of? What makes you think he’d do worse than Jeb, or Marco?Heavens, you guys need to get a grip.
[/quote]I wouldn’t vote for Trump for president. I’ll vote the rest of the ticket. Voting for Trump is a joke. Also I will most certainly switch to independent if Republicans are stupid enough to nominate him. He has been a curse on the Republican party the whole year. All Trump…all the time. Think about what might have been if that bozo had not stuck his ugly mug in. Jeb was a dead man walking anyway but I think he took out Walker. If he is not actually working for Hillary he might as well be.

[quote=“Skeptic, post:6, topic:47870”]
I wouldn’t vote for Trump for president. I’ll vote the rest of the ticket. Voting for Trump is a joke. Also I will most certainly switch to independent if Republicans are stupid enough to nominate him. He has been a curse on the Republican party the whole year. All Trump…all the time. Think about what might have been if that bozo had not stuck his ugly mug in. Jeb was a dead man walking anyway but I think he took out Walker. If he is not actually working for Hillary he might as well be.
[/quote]The electoral map favors Democrats(just as congressional districting favors Republicans). Republican candidates are at a significant disadvantage. Had Romney won the popular vote by 2 points, he still would have lost in the EC.

Someone like Rubio can win, but it’s difficult, because he’s built to win narrowly.

The only way Republicans can have a real chance of winning, is to break out of the traditional “moderate candidate” battle. When moderate Democrats run against moderate Republicans, it favors moderate Democrats(I’m not going to debate if Romney/Obama/Clinton/Rubio are moderates - they are, based on modern 2015 politics inside Washington).

So how do you break out of that dynamic? You basically have two options. Run a very conservative candidate(like Cruz) or run a candidate who is so far outside the mainstream of Washington it’s difficult to compare them to other candidates(Carson, Trump).

People keep underestimating Trump. You say he can’t win. When he first launched his bid, I thought it was mostly just attention seeking. Vanity certainly plays a role, but probably not any more than anyone else running. Trump is serious, and betting against him has proven to be wrong time and time again. I think Trump is going to win the Republican mantle. When it comes to the general, I’m not as sure. He’s either going to win big, or be crushed.

Just keep in mind the record of each person running. Trump builds momentum and relentlessly pushes for victory. Clinton is cautious, calculated and is generally her own worst enemy. You put someone with a record of beating herself, up against someone who has a record of beating everyone else… I like the person with the record of over performing, not the person with a record of under performing.

Instead of fighting the Dems, you choose to continue trying to politically assassinate Trump

The very best way of fighting the Dems is to politically assassinate Trump. Trump is who the Dems want us to run. He ensures a cataclysmic GOP defeat in the general, and far worse, he will lead to the breakup of the Republican Party. Many of us will leave the party if Trump is the nominee. (Of course, I understand that, for the most radical here like RET, the destruction of the GOP is exactly what is desired. Well, RET et al might as well join hands with Hillary, Dingy Harry and the rest. He’s doing their dirty work for them.

Wrong. Those who are going to be responsible for destroying the GOP are those now IN the GOP who are so far left in mindset that they’ve pledged to vote for HILLARY if Trump (or some other person of whom they disapprove) becomes the GOP nominee. At least that’ll get the RINOs OUT of the Party, which wouldn’t be such a “bad” thing in the long run. The GOP should stand for FREEDOM, but not license, because the Democrats are all about government CONTROL of -every aspect of our lives–from how much of our own property we are “allowed” to keep for ourselves to how much water we are permitted to use in our toilets!

If the GOP nominates Trump, then I’ll pile on in ensuring its destruction. But so long as the party doesn’t lose its soul and its sanity, I will happily vote GOP just as I have for the last 40 years.

ALL conservatives need to unite to advance the causes of limited government and individual liberty. I’ll play my part. Will you?

…and you’ll DO that by voting for Hillary if Trump is nominated??? Brilliant!

Lesser of two evils, Dave. And since Hillary is pretty far along on the “evil” side of things (liberal (and getting more liberal), ruthless and corrupt), you get the idea how I regard Trump. Trump cannot be allowed to become President.

It is so typical. Of course Jazzhead hates Trump, since Hillary is closer to his preferences, than Trump is. All he cares is that the GOP, also uber liberal, retain their power. Since Trump will govern without giving perks to gays, illegals, abortionists, etc., he’s scared to death. He must oppose Trump, if his liberal brethren in the GOP ever plan to return to power. He’s OK with Hillary, since the GOP will give her everything Jazzhead wants. Transparent as all get out.
Full of detritus as a Christmas Goose.

Why? Because YOU and other RINOs don’t "like"him??? I don’t know whether to laugh at such megalomania or cry for the future of the country that people like you actually bother to vote. Despite what YOU think of him, Trump is wildly popular–and his popularity is NOT restricted to the “uneducated,” the “uninformed” or “racist bigots.” It spans ALL segments of society. When several million people tell you you’re sick, maybe it’s time for you to go see a doctor.

You don’t understand what motivates me at all. Ideologically, I have nothing in common with Hillary. This has nothing to do with ideology. I oppose Trump because he is beneath my contempt. I would vote for Hillary SOLELY to defeat a greater evil.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:15, topic:47870”]
You don’t understand what motivates me at all. Ideologically, I have nothing in common with Hillary. This has nothing to do with ideology. I oppose Trump because he is beneath my contempt. I would vote for Hillary SOLELY to defeat a greater evil.
[/quote]Horse Hockey.

You believe in a mother’s right to kill her baby. So does Hillary.
You believe illegal immigrants need jobs in the US. So does Hillary.
You believe gay people have the right to hijack traditional marriage. So does Hillary.
You believe Roberts was right on Obozocare. So does Hillary.
You believe in raising debt ceilings everytime the gooberment overspends and cannot pay the bills. SO does Hillary.
You believe the The Tea Party are bigots. So does Hillary.

Nah, you align with Hillary much more than you’ll ever admit, but I suppose honesty is just a Tea Party trait, not important if you support the Establishment GOP.

Everyone here saw who you are, and who you would support. Any objective observer would call Hillary EVIL. She is the most evil person in Washington DC, and you plan to vote for her.

She is the most evil person in Washington DC, and you plan to vote for her

I have no intention of voting for her. I intend to vote for the GOP nominee. It’s only if the mooks take over and nominate Trump will I be forced to do something I never thought I’d ever do.

OF COURSE you “plan to vote for her.” You’ve said as much here on this forum if you don’t get YOUR way as to the GOP’s nominee.

Mooks, derogatory term for an incompetent person.
So, it is your opinion that “mooks” are the ones who’ll vote Trump in. People with brains won’t vote for Trump, Huh? Competent people won’t vote for Trump, huh?
So, let’s clarify.
Your compassion for people stops where your politics start? You claim all this compassion for Illegals, Gays, etc., but you have no compassion for those who are deemed incompetent? Call me a bully for not supporting people YOU think should be supported, and then refer to poor incompetent people, as mooks.
Man, what a piece of work.

For what it is worth, I don’t believe that Hillary is a left wing liberal loon; she is a corrupt, self-centered, power hungry, greedy political hack who has been using the left as her vehicle for her entire life. If elected she will feed her base just enough to get re-elected while trying not to piss off the majority of the country. Obama, (and Bernie) on the other hand, are true believers. As far as Hillary and the Establishment GOP go I think George Wallace said it all: “There’s not a dime’s worth of difference between the Republicans and Democrats.” More true today than when he said it.