Donald Trump berates Scott Walker for not raising taxes in Wisconsin

Donald Trump berates Scott Walker for not raising taxes in Wisconsin | US news | The Guardian

“There’s a $2.2bn deficit and the schools were going begging and everything was going begging because he didn’t want to raise taxes ’cause he was going to run for president,” said Trump. “So instead of raising taxes, he cut back on schools, he cut back on highways, he cut back on a lot of things.”
Trump also added of the Badger State in general: “Wisconsin has a lot of problems, plus there is tremendous hatred … I wouldn’t exactly say that things are running smoothly.”[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

This attack was previously rebutted last July.
Donald Trump says that under Scott Walker, Wisconsin budget went from projected surplus to a deficit | PolitiFact Wisconsin

Isn’t this guy promising tax cuts that are revenue neutral? In a nation with, how big is that deficit?

The analysis estimates that Trump’s tax plan would increase deficits by at least $9.5 trillion over a decade and by another $15 trillion in the second decade.

Donald Trump’s big tax cuts come at a big cost - Dec. 22, 2015

These all must be a bunch of lies from leftwing news sources and establishment Republicans to smear Trump. Stinking Guardian and CNN.

I have been hearing Trump supporters saying all day that Walkers endorsement of Cruz is no big deal because Walker is “Establishment”, what morons.

Meanwhile, Christie who actually is the epitome of “Establishment” is in just about every Trump photo-op.

Walker and his conservative policies have almost singlehandedly turned the state finances in Wisconsin around. The unions no longer have a stranglehold on state government/policies/finances.

That said, why would anyone be surprised by Trump’s remarks about anything? Trump is not a conservative - his rhetoric consistently speaks to big government solutions to any problem. Big government COSTS money. Is there not a correlation between what one believes to be the role of government - its size and scope - and the amount of tax money it is going to take to drive the ship??

For example, the ACA (Obamacare) - Trump says he wants to get rid of Obama’s big government health insurance program and REPLACE it with HIS big government health insurance program. Out goes Obamacare in comes Trumpcare. What the hell??

In addition, RET is spot on in pointing out the role the “Establishment”, big government, liberal-leaning, “House Republican” Chris Christie, is playing in the Trump campaign. We are largely known by the company we keep.

Unfortunately, I have my doubts the Republican Party can salvage this election. In my opinion, the opportunity to take the White House and control all three branches of government has been pissed away by the tabloid, destructive candidacy of one Donald Trump and the distractive cloud of meaningless bullsh*t that continually emanates from and swirls around his campaign.

Trump’s crap might play well among some Republicans, but I doubt it will play well among general election voters, including Independents.

Unfortunately, if for any reason the childish, petulant Trump turns out not to be the Republican nominee it is all but certain he will react/behave in a manner making it difficult or impossible for the Party’s eventual presidential candidate to defeat Hillary Clinton.

I hope I’m wrong in my negative outlook, but I see no indication this election will end well.

Agreed, Doc. I find it almost funny that the Trumpettes here have pooh-poohed my claim that Trump’s pseudo-“candidacy” has, from the outset, been for the purpose of electing Hillary. Looks like he’s going to succeed, too, unless Obama, for some reason, sabotages her run.

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:4, topic:48529”]
That said, why would anyone be surprised by Trump’s remarks about anything? Trump is not a conservative - his rhetoric consistently speaks to big government solutions to any problem.
[/quote]Trump isn’t surprising. What’s surprising are his supporters. Not sure how they answer this one, but they’ll try.

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:4, topic:48529”]
Unfortunately, I have my doubts the Republican Party can salvage this election.
[/quote]I have my doubts about the future of the Republican Party. It’s going to look a lot different going forward if it survives.

Obviously Trump’s attacks on Walker didn’t work; he LOST big time in Wisconsin. Trump lost in a state that he should have easily won seeing that it was an open primary state. Obviously the people in Wisconsin were fed up with Trump’s bombastic comments and his loud mouth.