Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet

Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet

Hours after Donald Trump suggested the U.S. ban Muslims from entering the United States, the leading Republican presidential candidate said America should also consider “closing the Internet up in some way” to fight Islamic State terrorists in cyberspace.

“We have to go see Bill Gates,” Trump said, to better understand the Internet and then possibly “close it up.”

So between Hilary Clinton wanting to Ban encryption and Donald Trump wanting to close the internet and ban a religion from being in the united states… maybe they can hold a ‘free speech and the first amendment is DEAD party’.

Don’t blame Hillary and Trump for the death of free speech and the first amendment, blame the fools who support them. This is how tyranny comes - by the votes of millions willing to trade freedom for the illusion of security.

Taking his statement in context, I believe he meant to shut down their websites.

Sounds reasonable to me. If you declare war on my nation, I’ll shut down your infrastructure. To include your websites seems logical to me.

[quote=“Devilneck, post:3, topic:47921”]
Taking his statement in context, I believe he meant to shut down their websites.Sounds reasonable to me. If you declare war on my nation, I’ll shut down your infrastructure. To include your websites seems logical to me.
[/quote]Actually I think he stole it from Hillary and then botched it (of course).

Could be. Who knows?

My guess is that this will be his logic to solving all problems. Prevention and foresight mean little to him, a decrease in individual rights for the “greater good” (as defined by him) will be the M.O.

People don’t want to be forced to sell their homes to the government? Invoke eminent domain, expand the laws to force sales quickly and with less costs and God knows what other penalties for non-compliance.

You have an immigration problem, build a wall and toss everyone out, even those born in America and have never even been to Mexico.

Have an issue with guns, take away the Second Amendment and call it “National Security”. Tell everyone you are misunderstood and that the “gun owning people love me, some of my best supporters are gun lovers”

Have a problem with debt and borrowing, no problem, just use what has worked in the past in his business dealings and claim bankruptcy.

Spending problem? What problem? A plan? What plan?

a decrease in individual rights for the “greater good” (as defined by him) will be the M.O.

Correct, SC. And now kiddies, let’s all think a bit about what other demogogues have used this same evil appeal?

I was going to state the same but didn’t want to overstep (slightly unfairly I think) the suggestion. However, when you rely on emotion and scream venom like a drunken banshee at every sight of a soapbox, you know that this guy is quite serious about what he has stated publicly, also probably quite serious about what he hasn’t stated publicly…

I can’t believe somebody used THIS article to make a negative point about Trump when there’s so much outright HILARITY coming out of Hilary, along w/their own mouths.
I.E.

The Internet has taken center stage in both the 2016 presidential race and the Obama administration’s current fight against ISIS.
:howler:
(C’mon, that doesn’t make you laugh right out loud?)

Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton urged tech companies to “deny online space” to terrorists. Clinton then anticipated and waved away presumed First Amendment criticisms.

“We’re going to hear all the usual complaints,” she said on Monday, “you know, freedom of speech, et cetera. But if we truly are in a war against terrorism and we are truly looking for ways to shut off their funding, shut off the flow of foreign fighters, then we’ve got to shut off their means of communicating. It’s more complicated with some of what they do on encrypted apps, and I’m well aware of that, and that requires even more thinking about how to do it.”

I should say so! Coming from the woman who tried to convince us that she (or we) didn’t know what “scrubbing a computer” meant, that’s a downright :howler:

And people out there are worried about Trump?

Good grief. Do people even read what they use for ‘proof’ before they post it?