Don't rush to judge an entire group

Obama speaks on suspect arrest: Don’t rush to judgement on entire groups of people - BizPac Review

Obama encouraged all of us not to get away with ourselves on this kid. BUT, 5 days ago when everyone was pointing the finger at the Republicans or Conservatives in general…NO A PEEP. This is how Sean Hannity puts it but you all know what I really mean by this statement. “GO FLY A KITE”

I didn’t rush to judgement on comdemning all muslims, I took my time doing it, then I bought a couple of korans, one to burn and one for toilet paper.

BHO gives advice he doesn’t live by? I’m shocked! Shocked!

Of course, pointing this out means we’re all a bunch of “bitter clingers”!

I was thinking earlier that Obama has set race relations back 50 years. That does not count the other lies he tells.

Well, he promised transparence, and believe me, he is.

Much more than he intended!

Don’t think you’re doing your own religion any favors when you sling mud like that. Congratulations, you’ve made it just a little bit harder for Christians in far off places to survive.

Obama MUST protect his people. AT ALL COSTS. before Obama is done he will make it against the law to speak negatively about ISLAM.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:7, topic:39148”]
Don’t think you’re doing your own religion any favors when you sling mud like that. Congratulations, you’ve made it just a little bit harder for Christians in far off places to survive.
[/quote]OMG, give me a break. You have been over the top before, but this is just too far gone. nastew didn’t cause other Christians grief, just you. Your political correctness BS is again, more offensive than the statement you attack. Truly, you are acting like a complete imbecile.

Of all the things I’ve said on this forum, THAT is going too far? How would you react if a Muslim proclaimed the Bible was only suitable as toilet paper? Anger? Rage?

Religious violence is the product of hate, and the reaction against it, and all I’m suggesting is that rhetoric of the variety espoused by Natstew may cause some blowback towards Christians in those parts of the world where others might not be so copacetic with Natstew’s opinion of the utility of their holy texts.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:10, topic:39148”]
Of all the things I’ve said on this forum, THAT is going too far? How would you react if a Muslim proclaimed the Bible was only suitable as toilet paper? Anger? Rage?

Religious violence is the product of hate, and the reaction against it, and all I’m suggesting is that rhetoric of the variety espoused by Natstew may cause some blowback towards Christians in those parts of the world where others might not be so copacetic with Natstew’s opinion of the utility of their holy texts.
[/quote]Neither anger, nor rage. You see, I have not been instructed that anyone who insults Christ or Yahweh be killed. People show my Savior being urinated on and called art. People show my Savior, smoking pot, or snorting coke. People burn Bibles, all the time. Unlike you, I feel a person’s reaction to be individual, and if someone wants to burn a Bible and wipe his backside with another, my reaction is amusement. You see, this is prophesied in the Bible, so I expect it. I expect persecution and even abuse and torture. Death is another possibility. People trying to insult me by desecrating my Scriptures is amusing since it doesn’t affect me, as much as it does them. What? I am supposed to be angered to the point of violence because someone believes differently, when my Scriptures tell me to be prepared to die for Christ? That is a howler, right there.:rofl:
You claimed a member of this forum put lives in anguish/danger because he personally does not respect the Koran. Liberals always try to manipulate others with outlandish statements designed to shame the debater and you follow suit, perfectly. I am sure the terrorists overseas are hanging on every word nastew posts, to determine the level of resentment to have for Christians.
Amazing. Stupid, but still amazing.

Words from the Christian handbook:
Judge not, lest ye be judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

They made things sound cool in the bible. I’ll give them that.

First OSB when you use quotes like that it’d be best if you actually understood what they mean. and clearly you don’t.

He probably thought he was allowed to make his own interpretation of the bible just like everyone else does. Silly him. Please direct him to the objective interpretation of the bible.

There isn’t one.

[quote=“njc17, post:14, topic:39148”]
First OSB when you use quotes like that it’d be best if you actually understood what they mean. and clearly you don’t.
[/quote] Translation: Christians can show disrespect for any other religion, because …well they just can…

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:12, topic:39148”]
Words from the Christian handbook: Judge not, lest ye be judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
[/quote]Exactly. Which is why I feel free to judge anyone’s actions I feel like judging. I EXPECT them to return in kind.Only a fool doesn’t judge other’s actions. How else is one supposed to discern what people to keep as friends, who to hire, what politician deserves your vote?

There is no need to “interpret” most of the Bible; it is straight forward. But taking the passage he quoted with the intent he used, is taking it out of context. It is clearly saying not to judge anyone who is at the least no worse than you. In fact, if you read all the passage, he talks about judging harshly someone who has a fault, while you have an even worse fault; but it allows you to judge him (without bringing judgment down on yourself) if you clean up your own act first: " first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye."

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:7, topic:39148”]
[/quote]Since you are not a christian this should bring joy to you

First you people shoot your mouths off before you enter a grain of intelligence.
1] Christianity is NOT a religion. from Old testament through new Testament, we are told to be discerning and shun false beliefs and idols. Islam is a false belief. nuff said.
2] The Judge not lest you yourselves be judged applies within the Christian community which teaches community of the Believers not strife.
3] Because of the nature of Islam this becomes diametrically opposed to Christian/Judeo ethos. We MUST speak out against, false religions.
The Koran is what it is. A radical book teaching Jihad in whatever form to advance islam.