Don't See The Need To Stop By Much Anymore

Not that anyone should give a damn, but aside from dropping in every now and again to vent my frustrations, I see little point in continually rehashing the same stuff day after day after day. While the various scandals themselves that continue to pop up might be different as to detail and the names/agencies involved might vary from one kleuster fleuken to the next, the factors which serve to produce these colossal failures/frontal assaults on the public trust and which pervade our government institutions and body politic remain constant - acts of **deceit, dishonesty, corruption and stonewalling **in pursuit of maintain/broadening the politician’s individual power/party political power. Internationally, we have an apologetic, politically correct POTUS who projects weakness as a by-product of fecklessness, inconsistency, no clear foreign policy and an unwillingness to lead anywhere but in circles. At home- as the result of Obama’s crowning “achievement” of his 1st term we are embarking on an unworkable nightmare - the regulatory morass known as The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care). I wish you all well. As for energy, the EPA is about to ring the death knell (or something close to it) for the coal industry. The goal is to drive up the cost of electricity produced by coal to the point that wind and solar electricity production doesn’t look like such a bad deal. The elites will be able to afford to pay their energy bills, but how about you? 4.5 years into BO’s administration and $trillions all but pissed away, incredible levels of government debt and interest rates rising which will accelerate debt accumulation and we have 7.6% unemployment (really closer to 14% when factoring in the record low job participation rate), and economy almost totally dependent on Bernanke at the FED - cheap money. I’m sure we - you and me - could add a another point here or another point there, but what’s the point? - pardon the pun. The good news is we only have 3.5 years to go before the BO administration concludes. Then we’ll have Hillary and her administration. Oh happy days - NOT!! Not much left to say as far as I’m concerned.

You are wrong man. We’ll have Ron Paul next time! You’ll see! You’ll rue the day! Or they’ll rue the day… something like that.

Unfortunately, moderates have driven the Republican Party to it’s death bed. Notice I don’t place blame so much on the Ron Paul crowd, because they were actually less than 10%. No, I blame the moderates. The McCains, Snowes, Collinses, Grahamnestyies, Brownie-Boys, Rubios (newly added) and several others.

I agree with several of your points, but I still like to drop by. We get fun topics. If you can’t find something to laugh about, well, good luck to you.

Try one of the new Doritos locos tacos from Taco Bell and you’ll feel better.

Oh God…my stomach hurts just thinking about it :frowning:

Taco Bell!

The same 5 ingredients served 100 different ways.

…Big Grin … I give a damn. I always liked your posts, you made good points (apart from some of the doomsday stuff which was certainly bearable due to the intelligent points you regularly made).

You also have a good sense of humor, and sense of irony, and a pleasant, funny, and interesting use of sarcasm, so I liked reading your posts, really enjoyed 'em.

By the way, isn’t your posting on the web susposed to be about how you can be of help to other people, and make a contribution to their lives?

Well, Doc, as you ought to know, there is a lot to be said for venting your frustrations … /grin …

Re the “continually rehashing” thing:

You can stop doing that anytime you want to by an act of your will (free will) and start posting about much more worthwhile stuff than politics which is to a significient extent a load of non-vital stuff anyway. Why not forget about politics for awhile ** and write posts about some really interesting and important stuff ** like your favorite foods, music, movies, places, people and ideas? (Be sure to make the last two, people and ideas, non-political.) RO has several Forums NOT about Politics and News, thank God.

Back on gloomy politics:
I know you believe that the politicians actually control the world and determine its course, (btw imo that belief is the source of your constant frustration with politics), but the truth is they do not control the world and they do not determine its course. If I believed that these fools controlled the world and determined its course, I’d be as politically frustrated as you seem to be.

Imo, with regard to your OP’s concerns, you can find a lot of help here in this piece I wrote about the very thing that is worrying your mind:

Faith, Fighting Heart, And Posting Here At RO. - Member Blogs - Conservative Republican Discussion Forums

Huge numbers of people were writing posts exactly like yours up there ↑ 40 years ago and huge numbers will be writing posts like that (gloom and doom) 40 years from now, and in all the coming decades as well. Certain kinds of people are addicted to gloom & bad news and they’ll stick with that stuff even if it kills them psychologically.

Meanwhile life goes on big time, and the doom and gloom never occurs at the predicted level … lol … But not to worry!! Just because the Prophets of Doom got it wrong 40 years ago don’t mean they want “hit it” next time 40 years hence, or 40 years later, or 40 years later, or 40 years later … Get the point? The point is, its an endless cycle of doom and gloom that fuels itself. All men need friends to tell them the truth about “faith, hope, and love” and about how these 3 essential life-saving soul-comforting realities are in fact realities, and stronger weighter realities than all this constant never-ending doom and gloom and preditictions of coming national economic and political doomsday scenarios.

Old proverb: “It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.”

I spend a significient portion of my life writing pieces that I believe will help other people have a better way of life and I proudly link people to them:
Again: Faith, Fighting Heart, And Posting Here At RO. - Member Blogs - Conservative Republican Discussion Forums

And this one will NOT do anybody any harm either:
Love Of Life, Vol. I - Member Blogs - Conservative Republican Discussion Forums

I always light at least one candle everywhere I go and all the time too.

Yeah, you too Mike. /smile

Cheers.

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Wow…they’re up to 5 ingredients now?

[quote=“Robert_Clay, post:7, topic:39928”]
Wow…they’re up to 5 ingredients now?
[/quote] Give me a Chalupa, and 5 taco supreme’s and I’m happy as a clam.

isnt that all mexican food?

I hope you reconsider. I disagree on one or two things with you, but you present your arguments in a thoughtful manner; that’s an asset to this site.

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:9, topic:39928”]
isnt that all mexican food?
[/quote] No! real Mexican is as varied as any other cuisine. Yucatan and Oaxaca cuisine is night and day as is border Mexican food and Veracruz style. They’re all very different.

You can change up the style but its all the same ingredients

here it is from one of my favorite comedians Jim Gaffigan

Mexican food’s great, but it’s essentially all the same ingredients, so there’s a way you’d have to deal with all these stupid questions. “What is nachos?” “…Nachos? It’s tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Oh, well then what is a burrito?” “Tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Well then what is a tostada?” “Tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Well then what i-” “Look, it’s all the same s—! Why don’t you say a spanish word and I’ll bring you something.”

Exactly!! Nailed it!!

`
I did a major re-working of my post number 6 … and read it over two times … ♫ ♪ … Ding Dang and Hot Diggity Dog … I motivate myself … I am now all fired up for another day on the web fighting against the two action anti-heros Superdoom and Supergloom … I will start my day with a few quotes from the Book given to us by the Sovereign God who controlls the world and who works all things out in accordance with His plan:

8 “Remember this, keep it in mind,
take it to heart, you rebels.
9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
10 I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
** I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.’ **
11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
**What I have said, that I will bring about;
what I have planned, that I will do. **
Isaiah 46:8-11

“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him
**who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will” **
Eph.1:11

“Have faith in God.”__Jesus
Mark 11:22

♫ ♪

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:12, topic:39928”]
You can change up the style but its all the same ingredients

here it is from one of my favorite comedians Jim Gaffigan
[/quote] Wrong! Veracruz Mexican uses ingredients that are unique with a strong Afro Caribbean influence, yucca, tubers, cinnamon, peanuts, olives and sweet potato’s. Yucatan style uses a lot of bitter orange in their cuisine. In western Mexico they have hominy dishes, Mutton stews. That dude you quoted is an idiot, Nacho’s aren’t Mexican they’re an American invention, same as the burrito.** Tex Mex border food is the same 5 ingredients made 100 different ways.

Ignacio Anaya, chef at the old Victory Club in Piedras Negras (a small Mexican town just across the border from Eagle Pass, Texas) as the person who assembled the first nachos for some Eagle Pass ladies who were on a shopping trip during the 1940s.

Nachos, anyone? - Word stories - Oxford English Dictionary

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:16, topic:39928”]
Nachos, anyone? - Word stories - Oxford English Dictionary
[/quote] They may have been created there. They most likely were invented in the US and are a Tex Mex thing made for white people. You’re hard pressed to find Nachos in Mexico cept’ for the areas that cater to American Tourists.

I remember back in the fifties, a house on Laura Koppe St. near Jensen Drive in north Houston. It was a wood frame house like most in the area, only this house had a sign in the front yard that said, “Mexican Food”. A family of real Mexicans lived in the house, slept in the house, ate in the house, and for a price, shared their meals with anyone with the price and manners.
Best Mexican food I ever ate.
They were eventually shut down by the City of Houston, permits or something.
Also used to see lots of signs in front yards that simply said, “Tamales” and a price per dozen, usually 50 cents to a dollar, some of the best tamales I ever ate, even if there were few to no stray cats and dogs in the area. Those places were shut down by the City also.

Oh yes, can’t leave out, “The Tamale Factory”, on North Main St. They were caught buying stray dogs and cats from kids in a sting operation, by Marvin Zindler, (of the "Chicken Ranch fame, “Best Little Whorehouse In texas”). I ate dozens of tamales from there. I’ve given up trying to recapture the special taste of those days.

Most “Mexican” food sold in fast food outlets are American concoctions with Mexican seasoning.

Being Mexican I can tell you OSB is right. TexMex food is the same 5 ingredients over and over again. Real Mexican food is varied and just plain delicious.

Here is a recipe for Veracruz Red Snapper:

1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, well drained, juices reserved

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
3 small bay leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons drained capers

6 4- to 5-ounce red snapper fillets
3 pickled jalapeño chiles, halved lengthwise
print a shopping list for this recipeview wine pairings

preparation

Place drained tomatoes in medium bowl. Using potato masher, crush tomatoes to coarse puree. Drain again, reserving juices.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir 30 seconds. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add tomato puree and cook 1 minute. Add bay leaves, parsley, oregano, and 1/4 cup reserved tomato juices. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Add olives, raisins, capers, and all remaining reserved tomato juices. Simmer until sauce thickens again, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread 3 tablespoons sauce in bottom of 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange fish atop sauce. Sprinkle fish lightly with salt and pepper. Spoon remaining sauce over. Bake uncovered until fish is just opaque in center, about 18 minutes. Using long spatula, transfer fish with sauce to plates. Garnish with pickled jalapeño halves.

This succulent dish is a far cry from border rice, beans, and meat on a corn or flour tortilla.