Doomsday Is Upon Us NOT

[B] [COLOR="#0000FF"]“One thing the doomsday scenarios tend to share in common: They don’t come to pass.”[/COLOR] [/B]__off the linked site

[B] [COLOR="#B22222"]Enter Malthus:[/COLOR] [/B] :howler:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Thomas Malthus, an English economist predicted that population growth was an inexorable juggernaut that would keep mankind in misery forever.
It never happened. Malthus later changed his mind and withdrew his predictions, but not before his fear-mongering had wrecked the nerves of many thousands.

[B] [COLOR="#B22222"]Enter Paul R. Ehrlich [/COLOR][/B] :howler:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Paul Ralph Ehrlich (born 1932) was an American biologist at Stanford University, who was a prominent ecologist and demographer.

“I read the Population Bomb when it first came out, and believed it. Paul Ehrlich envisioned a horrific future with mass starvation of millions, if not billions of people by 1995. As we now know, Ehrlich was a Malthusian of the worst order, and almost single-handedly gave environmentalists a bad name. He is the epitome of an alarmist who has significantly harmed the ability of reasonable environmentalists to be taken seriously (The Boy Who Cried Wolf Syndrome). I’m sure Dr. Ehrlich meant well, but boy, was he wrong. This book should rest in peace, never to be read again. Or, perhaps it could be read as a lesson learned in how to avoid making extremist statements that make you and your colleagues look stupid.”__ Glenn Gallagher, reviewing the book here:
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Population Bomb

[B] [COLOR="#B22222"]Enter Y2K January 2000[/COLOR] [/B] :howler:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
"As the last century drew to a close, many people grew concerned that computers might bring about doomsday. The problem, first noted in the early 1970s, was that many computers would not be able to tell the difference between 2000 and 1900 dates. No one was really sure what that would do, but many suggested catastrophic problems ranging from vast blackouts to nuclear holocaust. Gun sales jumped and survivalists prepared to live in bunkers, but the new millennium began with only a few glitches."
10 Failed Doomsday Predictions | End of the World & Apocalypse | LiveScience

Jack Note: I was there, I read the continual gloom and doom that poured forth incessantly from the mouths and pens of educated people about how Y2K was going to catastrophically wreck America forever and ever. There was constant hand-wringing. We knew of people that borrowed money, in one case $15,000, and literally crammed their basements with long shelf-life canned goods, salted hams, bottled water, over-the-counter medicines, etc End Jack Note.

[B] [COLOR="#B22222"]Enter U.S. Government Report, Global 2000:[/COLOR] [/B] :howler:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
An official U.S. Government Scientific Report that depicted how life on earth in the year 2000 would be, as reported by Newsweek magazine:
[B] [COLOR="#0000FF"]
“The year: 2000. The place: Earth, a desolate planet
slowly dying of its own accumulating follies. Half the
forrests are gone; sand dunes spread where fertile
lands once lay. Nearly 2 million species of plants, birds,
insects, and animals have vanished. Yet man is
propagating so fast that his cities have grown as
large as his nations of a century before.”[/COLOR] [/B]

__from Julian Simon’s “Its Getting Better
All The Time”, pg. 20

[B] [COLOR="#B22222"]Enter The Club Of Rome[/COLOR] [/B]: :howler:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
The Club of Rome (CoR)
“The Club first came to the fore of public attention with its report “The Limits to Growth” published in 1972. The report, which sold millions of copies, predicted that economic development could not continue indefinitely because of declining natural resources, particularly oil, a prediction driven home by the 1973 Arab oil embargo and the ensuing oil crises with its gasoline line-ups, escalating prices etc.”

"Club Of Rome’s membership currently includes such notables as: Mikhail Gorbachev, Al Gore, Timothy Wirth, Paul Ehrlich, Roberto Peccei, Ted Turner, Prince Philip, Bill Clinton, Keith Suter, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and the Dalai Lama.

Food for thought:

“… the resultant ideal sustainable population is hence more than 500 million but less than one billion.” - Club of Rome, Goals for Mankind

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.” - Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, patron of the World Wildlife Fund

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.” - Ted Turner, CNN founder and UN supporter

“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.” - Prof Paul R. Ehrlich, Stanford University

“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue. [B]Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,[/B] we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy.” - Timothy E. Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

“I believe it is appropriate to have an ‘over-representation’ of the facts on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience.” - Al Gore, climate change activist

“The data doesn’t matter. We’re not basing our recommendations on the data. We’re basing them on the climate models.” - Prof. Chris Folland, Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research

"There are many thousands of scientists who reject man-made global warming fears… It’s all based on computer models and predictions. We do not actually have a crystal ball, it is a mythical object… The fears are promoted by a powerful convergent of interests, scientists seeking grant money, media seeking headlines, universities seeking huge grants from major institutions, foundations, environmental groups, politicians wanting to make it look like they are saving future generations. And all of these people have converged on this issue.” - Dr. Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace activist, while appearing on the Fox Business Network with Stuart Varney, 2011.
The Club of Rome (CoR)

[B] [COLOR="#B22222"]Enter Halley’s Comet, 1910:[/COLOR] [/B] :howler:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
"In 1881, an astronomer discovered through spectral analysis that comet tails include a deadly gas called cyanogen (related, as the name imples, to cyanide). This was of only passing interest until someone realized that Earth would pass through the tail of Halley’s comet in 1910. Would everyone on the planet be bathed in deadly toxic gas? [B]That was the speculation reprinted on the front pages of “The New York Times” and other newspapers, resulting in a widespread panic across the United States and abroad. [/B]Finally even-headed scientists explained that there was nothing to fear."
10 Failed Doomsday Predictions | End of the World & Apocalypse | LiveScience

[B] [COLOR="#B22222"]Enter The Internet 2012:[/COLOR] [/B] :howler:
Wrong, wrong, wrong ?

“Very soon we will lose most of our freedoms as we try to survive in the U.S.”__Tall Grass

“The individual will soon be swallowed up by the herd mentality here in America.”__Bob

“It will not be long before we will all be forced to mostly ride bicycles in this country…”__GhostRider

“We Americans are slaves of the U S Govt. right now at this very minute.”__Marvin Gardens

"Gasoline is going to hit $15.00 per gallon and stay there and later go much higher. __Sidney

“Things are not going to get any better in America, only worse.”__DisgustedInDenver

“Collectivism will win the day in America, the hive mentality will eradicate the Lone Ranger.”__BriskinPeachPicker

“America will soon become a totalitarian police state controlled by only a handful of politicians.”__StarvnDarvin

“The American standard of living is going down never to rise again.”__Billy The Kidd

__quotes off the web

♪ ♫ “Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me. (Woe!)
Deep, Dark Depression, Excessive Misery. (Woe!)
If I Had No Bad Luck, I’d Have No Luck at All. (Woe!)
Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me.” ♪ ♫♫
__an old song from Hee Haw

Repeated: “One thing the doomsday scenarios tend to share in common: They don’t come to pass.”__off the linked site