Dr. Carson blasts the RNC

“If the leaders of the Republican Party want to destroy the party, they should continue to hold meetings like the one described in the Washington Post this morning,” Carson said in a statement released by his campaign.
Carson said he prays the Post’s report is incorrect and threatened to leave the GOP. “If it is correct, every voter who is standing for change must know they are being betrayed. I won’t stand for it,” said Carson, who added that if the plot is accurate, “I assure you, Donald Trump won’t be the only one leaving the party."

[LEFT]
Read more: 2016 election: Ben Carson blasts RNC, threatens to leave Republican Party - POLITICO

While I do not doubt his sincerity in the least, this is also a very smart political move for the doctor.
[/LEFT]

Yikes-this could screw up the election.

The end of the GOP would be the beginning of a genuine alternative to the Statist ideology that permeates both major Party’s today, I hope the GOP leadership really is stupid enough to try this.

As you may know, there’s people out there that think this is all just a hoax that only conspiracy theorists would believe.
They think it’s impossible that no one candidate will achieve the nomination in the first go-around.

Had I not read Joe Millers’, The Smoking Gun, I might be tempted to go along with them. But because I’ve read it, I now know better than to put anything past the RNC.
They crave power, see it slipping, and I believe, for the first time in their lives, are actually scared.
Scared people will resort to extreme measures to save their hides.

Trump can’t win the Presidency. What conservatives ought to be scared of is Hillary winning the Presidency and the Dems taking the Senate. That’s our future, folks.

All the clucking and boasting and bullying going on in this forum right now is more amusing than anything else. Be careful what you wish for, angry ones.

Jazzhead, are you aware that the vast majority of Trump’s support isn’t from conservatives? It’s from independants, and moderate Republicans who are tired of the GOP’s lack of leadership.

I don’t understand why you continue to screech against conservatives when discussing Trump.

Dude, we don’t care… If it’s not Cruz, or Carson, it might as well be Trump as far as people like me are concerned. I’m sure most Conservatives would prefer Cruz, and will probably vote for him in the primary. If he doesn’t win the primary, most conservatives will vote for Trump if for no other reason than to stick it to the Party elites.

Not only that, but neither the OP nor my post was about Trump. It was about the RNC, and how they’re trying to shaft FOUR individuals out of their candidacy, AND disenfranchising (ahem) thousands of voters.

If the RNC tries to pull this stunt, it’d be just rewards for them to meet their own demise.

Rewards? The reward of all this social conservative anger will be the Dems in total power. At least an RNC ploy to deny Trump the nomination may allow the GOP to keep the Senate, and the ability to block Democratic court appointments. But that doesn’t matter to those in the fever swamps - it’s all about destroying the Republican coalition, the consequences be damned.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:8, topic:47959”]
Rewards? The reward of all this social conservative anger will be the Dems in total power. At least an RNC ploy to deny Trump the nomination may allow the GOP to keep the Senate, and the ability to block Democratic court appointments. But that doesn’t matter to those in the fever swamps - it’s all about destroying the Republican coalition, the consequences be damned.
[/quote] Your so-called “Republican coalition” is the GOP leadership “coalitioning” with the Democrats, Jazz. In what universe do you consider that to be a “good” thing?

The Republicans didn’t block either of Obama’s nominees. Several progressive turds were actually appointed by Republicans in recent history (Souter and Roberts). Buisness as usual in Washington has to be stopped; Trump and Cruz are the only possibilities.

In what universe are main street conservatives and liberal Democrats the same thing? You keep claiming this falsehood that Dems and Reps are in cahoots. That’s a pernicious lie, but you don’t give a damn since you seek the destruction of the GOP.

If social conservatives would rather commit political suicide, then go ahead, Dave, here’s the gun. Shoot yourself.

When the GOP controls BOTH Houses of Congress, please explain to all of us ignoramuses why Obama’s agenda keeps being advanced?

I just think it’s funny that of the four leaders, none of them are wanted by the RNC. The People want them. The party leadership is crapping purple caramel filled twinkies in response.

Study up a bit more, Dave, before shooting off your mouth like the talk radio morons do. Traditional minority rights in the Senate, especially, allow the Dems an effective filibuster. We’ve used these devices when the Dems were in power, and the Dems use them now. And we don’t have enough control to override a Presidential veto.

We need the Presidency to move forward with conservative priorities. But conservatives are proving themselves incapable of presenting themselves reasonably and seriously to the general electorate. We have our best shot in decades at achieving working control in Washington, and instead we are hell-bent on committing political suicide.

Why do you care about “party leaders”? Why are you obsessed with “GOP elites”? These are just straw men. We should be fighting the Dems, but instead we are fighting ourselves.

We don’t deserve the Presidency, we are a bunch of petulant children.

The issues isn’t that the GOP CAN’T stop Obama. The issue is that they don’t even TRY to do so…and, in fact, allow the Congressional Democrats to insert crap into every bill with a chance of passing that’s ANTI-Republican by it’s every nature. The only GOP Senator who even TRIED to stop Obama’s agenda was Ted Cruz and other “Republicans” vilified him for trying instead of trying to HELP. For the most part, the GOP is just sitting around WATCHING Obama and company destroy the country–and without raising a single finger to stop him. They don’t need Obama’s “approval” to defund every one of his PD “initiatives.” Just de-fund them. If he refuses to sign them, then LET him…and make certain that the American people know WHO is responsible and quit letting the MSM set their agenda FOR them.

I could care less about political theater for its own sake - why are you so obsessed with it?

I might ask why YOU are so willing to sit back and ALLOW Obama to destroy the country without lifting a single finger to stop him. You think a “moderate” GOP President, House and Senate will do ANYTHING to reverse what he’s done? I don’t know why. None of them have done so SO far, and didn’t do much to repair Clinton’s damage when they HAD control of all three. All they did was shift tax money from Democrat priorities to things THEY wanted to spend on. Federal bureaucracies GREW under the GOP.

So to you, getting this country back on track is the same as "political theater for its own sake "???

You need to get to bed earlier Jazz!!! Too little sleep messes up judgment! :devil:

So to you, getting this country back on track is the same as “political theater for its own sake”???