Drilling Is Stalled Even After Ban Is Lifted .

More than two months after the Obama administration lifted its ban on drilling in the deep-water Gulf of Mexico, oil companies are still waiting for approval to drill the first new oil well there. Experts now expect the wait to continue until the second half of 2011, and perhaps into 2012.

Drilling Is Stalled Even After Ban Is Lifted - WSJ.com

Obama plan to destroy the nation.

Yes, the ban is lifted.

However no new permits are being issued… so the end result is the same.

I wonder if $4.00 / gal gasoline will change anything. :wink:

Meanwhile other countries around the world can drill for oil.

I think most of the Deep Water rigs left the Gulf when the moratorium was established. I remember several in the drilling industry saying that once they leave it will be a long time before they are freed up to come back.

Obama’s “war on jobs” continues to build an ever growing pile of casualties.

From the article:

Drilling in waters of less than 500 feet also has been snared by the government’s increased scrutiny. Regulators requested modifications to 101 shallow-water drilling plans in 2010, compared with 59 such requests in 2009 and just 31 in 2008. Rig operators say drilling permits once approved in a matter of weeks have taken up to five months to process as the government introduced new rules.

Read on…

Environmentalists say the Deepwater Horizon disaster proved reviews needed to be more thorough. “The process can work efficiently. Maybe not as quickly as it did before, but that’s understandable,” said Elgie Holstein, a staff expert at the Environmental Defense Fund.

No, it is NOT understandable, you Bleep !!!