Dual flush toilet kits

Instead of going to the trouble of replacing a toilet with a newer model they have a kit that will save money and water.

I was watching “Ask this old House” and they were showing how to install one of these kits which would save having to replace an existing toilet.

I have seen these new toilets that are supposed to save water and some are rather expensive to purchase or they are so flimsy that one has to be careful about using them.

So here we are a few years later now with kits that can be placed within to convert toilets so that one can flush only urine or solids if need be.

I would think this would be a great help for saving water and cost of the water.

I was reading about Susana’s water use for her washing machine and the fact she has a well which can have problems because of no rain refiling the water table. This would help her save water.

I was wondering if anyone had tried the new water saving toilets or thought of purchasing a kit to convert their old toilets to a dual flush?

I was reading where one local government distributed kits to the community to appliances to low flow.

Metropolitan North Georgia Water District | Low Flow Retrofits

I have one of these. Bought the whole toilet, though, not the kit, 'cause our other one broke and buying a new one was cheaper than fixing it. It’s a really cool toilet, as these things go. =)

I have three American Standard Champion toilets and they really work great. I used to need to plunge each of my old toilets at least twice per week, but the new toilets maybe once per year (after thanksgiving dinners :grin:).

American Standard Champions made 2005 and before had defective flush valves but the ones I purchased have the new improved valves. My son-in-law is a techy and installed them. Some people who are not handy seem to have problems installing them.

Here is an entertaining review;
Review of the American Standard Champion Toilet - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

[quote=“Bucks, post:3, topic:27557”]
I have three American Standard Champion toilets and they really work great. I used to need to plunge each of my old toilets at least twice per week, but the new toilets maybe once per year (after thanksgiving dinners :grin:).

American Standard Champions made 2005 and before had defective flush valves but the ones I purchased have the new improved valves. My son-in-law is a techy and installed them. Some people who are not handy seem to have problems installing them.

Here is an entertaining review;
Review of the American Standard Champion Toilet - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

[/quote]I installed one of those for a relative a few months back The only problem I had was he has a small toilet area so I had to assemble it before hand