Dunkin’ Donuts Adding Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich To National Menu

Even as fast-food chains tout their healthy offerings, they’re also coming up with fatty new treats to keep customers interested. Case in point: Dunkin’ Donuts is adding adoughnut breakfast sandwichto its national menu next week.
The sandwich, which comes with fried eggs and bacon between a split glazed doughnut, will become a part of the permanent menu starting June 7, which the chain claims is “National Donut Day.” Dunkin’ Donuts had tested the sandwich in select stores in eastern Massachusetts in April, creating considerable buzz online.

Dunkin’ Donuts Adding Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich To National Menu « CBS Boston
All I can say is weird. I keep thinking this is a version of a bagel or [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]croissant made for those with a sweet tooth[/FONT][/COLOR]

A couple of years ago, the parents at the youth league took square glazed donuts, cut them in half like a sandwich, put hamburgers and cheeseburgers in them, and called it ‘The Heart Attack’.

What I don’t understand is why this is even "news."
I mean, as if cops need their waistbands expanded more?

Sounds disgusting, but who ever goes to DD anymore except cops or teens w/o a life?

Looks like it’s a donut, a fried egg and two slices of bacon. At 360 calories, it could be worse, the same ballpark as an Egg McMuffin. The latter has cheese, where the former has the sugar in the glaze. The Dunkin’ Donuts sandwich uses the pairing of sweet (the donut) and salty (the bacon). As odd as a donut breakfast sandwich sounds, it could work. And unlike two glazed donuts, it has protein.

I might try it. I’m certainly not making it part of my regular diet, though.

I think my life expectancy went down by a few years just reading about that thing…I’ll probably try it anyway.

It sounds disgusting.
But it’s “news”?

[quote=“2cent, post:3, topic:39705”]
What I don’t understand is why this is even "news."
I mean, as if cops need their waistbands expanded more?

Sounds disgusting, but who ever goes to DD anymore except cops or teens w/o a life?
[/quote] I’m headed there right now for coffee which is awesome. Guess I have no life.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:4, topic:39705”]
Looks like it’s a donut, a fried egg and two slices of bacon. At 360 calories, it could be worse, the same ballpark as an Egg McMuffin. The latter has cheese, where the former has the sugar in the glaze. The Dunkin’ Donuts sandwich uses the pairing of sweet (the donut) and salty (the bacon). As odd as a donut breakfast sandwich sounds, it could work. And unlike two glazed donuts, it has protein.
[/quote] Mcdonalds has been doing sweet and salty with the McGriddle which is flipping nasty.

I forget where, but someplace I’ve been in the last year or so has a cheeseburger served with a glazed donut as the bun. MIght even be two glazed donuts.

I would eat this breakfast sandwich. But, as typical for me since my bout with Monte’s Revenge in Egypt… I’ll knife and fork it. I knife and for everything, except crawfish pretty much.

The McGriddle is awesome, if there was a dunkin donuts around I would try this sandwich too

Im not sure it can measure up to the luther burger though

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjmyvuwy91rjkrcjo1_500.jpg

Maybe not, but you do have taste.

Bernard Law Montgomery’s Revenge?

More like ameobic dysentary.

I would, if there was one in our area (but just for donuts; not those donut sandwiches; yuck).

[quote=“2cent, post:7, topic:39705”]
It sounds disgusting.
But it’s “news”?
[/quote]I could not think of another category to stick this in.

I’m with you! (And would no doubt be literally were there a DD handy!)