Earth Day

Time to turn all the utilities on. Furnace,air conditioner,washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, lights,and any other appliances.

1 Like

You’re a regular killroy.

I’m in…just after I dump the motor oil from my truck into the ditch.

1 Like

Washing machine is running right now, and soon the dryer will be. It’s cold today, and the furnace will probably be running off and on all day. And from the time it’s turned on in the morning until it’s turned off in the evening, my computer is on; so is FC’s. And if my feet are cold when I get ready for bed tonight, I will sit for a while with them on the full-power of the heating pad. Of course, since I’m doing the laundry, the water pump is running frequently.

1 Like

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:3, topic:39168”]
I’m in…just after I dump the motor oil from my truck into the ditch.
[/quote]:coffee_spray:

[quote=“Susanna, post:4, topic:39168”]
Washing machine is running right now, and soon the dryer will be. It’s cold today, and the furnace will probably be running off and on all day. And from the time it’s turned on in the morning until it’s turned off in the evening, my computer is on; so is FC’s. And if my feet are cold when I get ready for bed tonight, I will sit for a while with them on the full-power of the heating pad. Of course, since I’m doing the laundry, the water pump is running frequently.
[/quote]A+ for effort. Lets see I can run the furnace and the air conditioner, lights. and I do need to change the oil on the mower.

1 Like

I can see you guys burning tires just for fun.

Well fire is fun…

I’ll leave the light on for ya OSB! :smiley:

I like earth day. It’s good to see volunteers picking up garbage in the park and planting trees and flowers. Earth day is a worthwhile gesture.

Watts Up With That?

Celebrate Earth Day – come all ye carbonators

April 22,2013

EXCERPT:

This morning in USA TODAY, Lomborg argues that in virtually every developed country the air is more breathable and the water is more drinkable than it was in 1970. Deforestation has turned to reforestation and ever-more people have access to clean water and sanitation.

This Earth Day, we need a dose of realism about real environmental challenges — such as the air and water pollution that make life so miserable for billions — and the real opportunities that exist for environmental innovation, to make our planet a better place.

He writes:

LINK

1 Like

So a normal monday then?

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:12, topic:39168”]
So a normal monday then?
[/quote]:coffee_spray:

I’m what they used to call a CONSERVATIONIST. We do need to do many things better around the world…but the common sense stuff gets pushed aside by the radicals. Yes it is good to see kids doing worthwhile things to make this place better. Unfortunately…it is all usually wrapped in a shroud of environmentalism where reason has no place and the goal is inculcation of young minds to the religion of Gaia and environmental fables. Hence my cynicism about the day.

Damn! I’m all out of tires! You got any extras OSB?

http://www.plastiquarian.com/userfiles/image/museum-viscose/visc01.jpg

[quote=“tperkins, post:15, topic:39168”]
Damn! I’m all out of tires! You got any extras OSB?
[/quote] How about a buncha styrofoam plates and cups instead?

Sweet Idea!

[quote=“Cam, post:9, topic:39168”]
I’ll leave the light on for ya OSB! :smiley:
[/quote] LOL!

If it weren’t raining, I would light off my burn pile.