Egyptian unrest

Unity Government with Muslim Brotherhood and El Baradei. yeah. just. like. Iran.

Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood eyes unity gov’t without Mubarak - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Then the guy that follows them takes it up a notch by explaining that when the people in Egypt are finally free they will be able to “destroy Israel.”

Lotsa luck…

Thought you might find this interesting. Opinion piece from my local paper RE the egypitan unrest. I pulled a bit from the middle that’s particularly of interest to you guys, and shows that the rest of the world is not, indeed, following the leftist line;

All these developments seem to come as a surprise to the Obama administration, which dismissed Mr Bush’s “freedom agenda” as overly ideological and meant to defend the invasion of Iraq.

But as Mr Bush’s support for the Cedar Revolution in Lebanon and for a democratic Palestinian state showed, he was defending self-government, not the use of force.

Consider what Mr Bush said in that 2003 speech, which marked the 20th anniversary of the National Endowment for Democracy, an institution established by President Ronald Reagan precisely to support the expansion of freedom.

“Sixty years of Western nations excusing and accommodating the lack of freedom in the Middle East did nothing to make us safe - because in the long run, stability cannot be purchased at the expense of liberty,” Mr Bush said.
“As long as the Middle East remains a place where freedom does not flourish, it will remain a place of stagnation, resentment and violence ready for export.”

This spirit did not always animate US diplomacy in the Bush administration; plenty of officials found it unrealistic and had to be prodded or overruled to follow the president’s lead.

But the revolt in Tunisia, the gigantic wave of demonstrations in Egypt and the more recent marches in Yemen all make clear that Mr Bush had it right - and that the Obama administration’s abandonment of this mindset is nothing short of a tragedy.

You can read the rest of this significantly lengthy article here Freedom within reach of Arabs - The West Australian

Hahaha…I didn’t read this bit about the author before I posted!

Elliott Abrams, a senior fellow for Middle Eastern studies at the Council on Foreign Relations, was a deputy national security adviser in the George Bush administration.

Guess he was a guest opinion writer

Obama: The President who lost Egypt

Hope and Change!

Maybe they don’t remember the June War. :howler:

The parallels to the Carter Admin are even closer than predicted.

and that indicates what to you?

Just heard on Hannity that Carter says this is the worst Middle East crisis since he was in office. And the Parallels continue. It will be a close race to see who is worst of all time.

I don’t either, at least under that name. Are you talking about the Six Day War (it happened in June, 1967)? It would make sense that they wouldn’t remember it because it was so short…

Yeah I am talking about the Six Day War. I would hope any radical Egyptian would remember it seeing as Israel kick theirs and their allies butts like they were nothing.

That the author was american, not australian as i thought