Egyptian Unrest

With what is going on in Egypt, many are distressed with what the government is doing. The Muslim Brotherhood is taking the country to a theology with dictatorial powers which will mandate others follow their religion and punish those they find unfit.

Women are told they have to conform to Islamic law and values. There are those advocating war with Israel.

My Way News - Thousands ready to march on Egypt president palace

When this recent uprising of the people started I was unsure about the Egyptian people. But after sitting back and watching events unfold I having second thoughts on whether there people are truly wanting Freedom. It really looks like they want Freedom but they voted for this fool currently in office. They want to be free but are electing snakeoil salesmen.

There were a lot of “irregularities” in the election.

[quote=“natstew, post:3, topic:37372”]
There were a lot of “irregularities” in the election.
[/quote]Same here

Deja Vu?? Morsi is apparently fleeing his palace. I’m not sure if he left the country, though he still could be there.

They are following our model.

[quote=“jjf3rd77, post:5, topic:37372”]
Deja Vu?? Morsi is apparently fleeing his palace. I’m not sure if he left the country, though he still could be there.
[/quote]Yep it looks like another eqyptian revolution is in order to put things right

HOPEFULLY

The Brotherhood has gained in influence to the point it may just pull this one out. I have a friend here from Egypt, who has family ythere and daily harps to his countrymen from the safety of his New York home. Even the Egyptian has splintered visions. Obama has not helped and seems to be tacitly fostering the Brotherhood’s rise.

Protests near Egyptian presidential palace turns violent

Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi left the presidential palace Tuesday as violence erupted between police and at least 100,000 protesters gathered in Cairo.

Read more: Egyptian President Morsi leaves presidential palace as protests turn violent | Fox News

I love it! Well, at least until puts the boots of our guys on the ground over there.

Why *would or should *Obama help? Why intervene in their civil war? Let the trash take out the trash.

You have “irregularities”?

He was referring to the irregularities that helped Obama to be re-elected.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:12, topic:37372”]
He was referring to the irregularities that helped Obama to be re-elected.
[/quote]I was thinking that the Muslim Brotherhood wants to destroy the history of Egypt in order to remake it to their warped Islamic views. Gone would be the pyramids and other attractions that have people coming to Egypt.

Then again why would they come if they knew the women could be openly raped and persecuted for not being Muslim. Visitors could be throw in prison for some offense against Allah or their prophet.

Sorry. I interpreted your post incorrectly.

So did I.

It’s pretty arrogant to pretend to know what’s going on in Egypt or any part of the world. Many factors are play. Many interests. Unless it’s for your own psychological comfort, ignoring complexities is useless and dangerous.

Do you suggest an interventionalist foreign policy?

No, I don’t. At all. What are the chances of that happening? 0%.

I’m saying, interference and intervention is ongoing. In progress. The question is kinda moot.

And you know this -----how? Right now the Muslim Brotherhood is the sole interference in the freedom and security of the Egyptians and other troubled MiddleEast nations. Obama’s issue seems to be the backing of the brotherhood.