Enough is enough

This is, I was led to believe, a forum for political discussion and conservative ideals and thoughts. This seems to be taken over by the gay agenda,and wherever you look the topic seems to dwindle down to gay this and gay that. Moderators don’t you think this has gone far enough Somebody set up a new forum expressly for the gay who want to cavort in the lifestyle they chose. They seem to have usurped this board. Lets get back to solid political and conservative talk and come up with solid and promising ideas to SOLVE this nations problems. get control of this board.

That’s the way I feel about life in general. If you turn on the t.v., it’s on every network, every type of show, and sports. You can’t even turn on something like the DIY network or HGTV channel without one of the programs showing “Ted” and his life parter, “Bill.” Other shows such as dramas are incorporating this as a theme more often as well. Every time I turn on another show, and it may be one I watched for years, a gay theme is introduced. It is even emerging in sports. I am waiting for even the likes of Doomsday Preppers to have an episode of two *life partners *preparing to bug out. It will give the infamous prepper phrase *when the sh#t hits the fan *a whole new meaning.

It’s not even as if homosexuals simply want to co-exist with straights, Christians, religious, etc. as fellow Americans. They want to incorporate the theme into every show. It’s like they want to continuously shove it down our throats. That’s a bad choice of words, but it is what it is.

Yes, I completely agree, njc17, enough is enough.

I’m locking this to prevent any additional “gay” thread discussions. As far as I know, we only have 1 “gay issues” thread. If there are more, please report any post that is discussing homosexual issues and the mods or I will deal with it.

This is, I was led to believe, a forum for political discussion and conservative ideals and thoughts. This seems to be taken over by the gay agenda,and wherever you look the topic seems to dwindle down to gay this and gay that. Moderators don’t you think this has gone far enough Somebody set up a new forum expressly for the gay who want to cavort in the lifestyle they chose. They seem to have usurped this board. Lets get back to solid political and conservative talk and come up with solid and promising ideas to SOLVE this nations problems. get control of this board.

njc, RO currently has something like two currently active gay members who sometimes post on gay issues (not that I keep count or poll RO members on their sexual lifestyle). It’s how they lead their lives, and they perceive themselves to be under frequent attack - political and physical - for their manner of life, so where’s the surprise that they are vocal with strong opinions? Two such members are hardly enough for a take over! Additionally, they’ve kept their posts about such topics mostly in the Consolidated thread (and not a few exceptions are in threads started by folks of opposing POVs, BTW). Read the first post in that thread. They are using that thread as it was intended. If they are using it as it was intended, why would RO staff turn on them and clamp down on them for complying with the intent of that thread? If you (or anyone else) are weary of GLBT topics just avoid that one thread and it’ll be >90% effective! Since this is something about which you are sensitive, I suppose I should warn you (and any other similarly concerned person) that sometime this year the USSC will be ruling on CA’s Proposition 8, which defined marriage as solely between one man and one woman. When that happens, it will likely have at least one thread in a news forum - appropriately so, IMO, and depending on timing, I might be the one who starts it. Regardless of how the court rules, strong opinions will fly.