EPA: Ozone Regulations Gutted $56.6 Billion In Wages And 242,000 Jobs Between 2008-20

Oh goodie–the Environmental Protection Agency released new air quality standards at the tune of $1.4 billion in additional regulatory costs annually nationwide. Now, it only slightly reduced the “nonattainment” standard from 75 parts per billion (ppb) to 70 ppb, but the old rule was still an economic disaster. Nonattainment areas are parts of the country that haven’t met federal air quality standards. Of course, those affected areas must improve their air quality, though it often means reducing economic activity.

Bear with me of a moment. The reason this is in this forum is because it is an issue which should be dealt with with the burgeoning rules and requirements which drive up the cost of staying in business and in return force prices higher to make up the difference. This bodes ill against competition from others who do not have to abide by these rules and regulations.

While a discussion has been going on about Trump and protectionism another solution is to rein in these agencies which justify their being by adding more and more cost to the nation.

I deleted the duplicate thread (actually, by the time stamp, it was the original; but it didn’t have any comments, and I don’t think it had any “thanks”).