EV-D68 virus

This rare virus has now spread to 32 states according to the CDC; mostly in schools. Non-Polio Enterovirus Infection: Site Home Page - CDC Today, Michael Savage stated that this virus is common in Central America and suggested it be called the “Obama vivus”. I have been looking for a credible first hand source that it is, in fact, common in Central America. Savage occasionally states half baked theories as fact. Anyone know the facts?

1 Like

I did find this:

Human rhinoviruses and enteroviruses in influenza-like illness in Latin America published in Virology Journal 2013; 10:305

A year old study of 3375 Central Americans under 25 (median age of 3 years) who presented flu-like symptoms. 3% of those had an enterovirus which included EV-D68 among a few others.

The CDC now reports EV-D68 in 43 states, mostly among school children. The possible connection of the US outbreak to the influx of Central American children and their dispersal throughout the United States seems very strong but unproven. I would like to see a list of cities where EV-D68 has occured and a list of cities where the refugee children have been sent. Anyone know how to get this information from the most transparent administration in history?

PS Just found map of where Unaccompanied Minors have been relocated: https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215860821987081633721.0004fd39453513c9dc418&msa=0&ie=UTF8&ll=38.993572,-95.405273&spn=29.283014,54.404297&t=m&source=embed&dg=feature

Now I just need a list or map of cities with EV-D68 outbreaks.

1 Like

Well, I dunno; the CDC tends to inflate the numbers for diseases.

2 Likes

Schools are and always have been very large petri dishes.

1 Like

More like just “unproven” as EV-D68 originates from the United States. It first emerged in California in the 1960s. It’s always been here.

[quote=“Susanna, post:3, topic:44735”]
Well, I dunno; the CDC tends to inflate the numbers for diseases.
[/quote]It is no wonder people take the CDC lightly. If one is to believe them, we should have all succumb to what ever illness they are claiming will destroy the world on any given day.

2 Likes

AS, please work on your terminology. EV-D68 was first IDENTIFIED in California in 1968. That does not means it emerged from or even started in California or in the United States. Considering (at least in this hemisphere) the US has been the leader in medical research and virus identification for about 100 years, its not surprising. Or would you expect countries like Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, or Cuba to identify a disease? I mean, how many viruses HAVEN’T been identified in/by the US? I will state though that without further proof, I would personally classify OD’s suggestions as a hypothesis (not even a theory) and nothing more.

I would say Savage usually states half baked theories as fact. I used to listen to his show on the way to work at CENTCOM. It was funny hearing his version of what the war was like, and who the real enemies were and so on.

No no, it was created by MOnsanto and the evil US gov’t to kill black babies, and was supposed to be spread through cheap vaccines given to our military… Or something like that…

Sorry, I was just thinking of Michael Savage… carry on.

(this post was intended as satire)

The outbreak entry point has probably already been identified as well. The reason that you haven’t heard about it is because it would reflect bad on The 0bamessiah for inviting all of the ILLEGAL aliens to bring it here.

Even though I’m the first to call for LEGAL immigration reform to make it more streamlined and friendly to the LEGAL immigrant, there is a required medical portion of the process at the end prior to entry to the US. It is focused on controlling the spread of diseases. ILLEGAL aliens don’t go through this process. Unless there is credible evidence otherwise, I have no problem calling this the 0bama virus.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know it has always been here but why is is exploding nationwide NOW?

Virology is one of the branches of microbiology that interests me the most. Viri are elusive and no one really understands from where or how they came. Viri need a host in order to replicate. They cannot replicate on their own. When the host dies, the viri die. So…where did the first virus originate? Scientists do not know. My personal belief is that animals and humans have always had viri in our bodies. There are many viri which infect plants including farm plants such as corn, wheat, and fungi. Some lay dormant for a long while such as Herpes and Epstein-Barr. These can lay dormant for years and even decades before symptoms become apparent. If I were to go back to school, virology would be my chosen discipline.

Partially because we humans don’t have the immune systems we once did. With constantly washing our hands, using various chemicals to keep ourselves and our environment clean, we have weakened our own immune systems to fight off infections. We use chemical pesticides to keep vermin from our crops, harsher and harsher soaps to clean ourselves and our homes, additives to foods, especially processed foods, and pills to fight every ache and pain have all have contributed to the weakening of the human body, particularly the human immune system. Now, “experts” are telling us to microwave our dish sponges and rags to destroy “germs” and wipe down our counter tops with bleach…geesh! All viri are unaffected by antibiotics. The only thing that fights an outbreak of a viral infection is the body’s own immune system. Of course, certain viri overcome the body and can kill us and that is where anti-viral vaccines come in. Once infected by a virus, we always have it in our bodies. Ex: chicken pox, Herpes Simplex I and II, Hepatitis, etc. In addition, the very nature of certain viri to mutate keeps scientists and virologists frustrated because once they think they have figured out a particular virus, it mutates. That is the precise problem of the HIV virus. It is probably one of the fastest mutating viri on the planet.

No, I meant what I said. The source I culled from uses the word “isolated”, so your term is wrong too if you want to be technical.

EV-D68 was first IDENTIFIED in California in 1968. That does not means it emerged from or even started in California or in the United States. Considering (at least in this hemisphere) the US has been the leader in medical research and virus identification for about 100 years, its not surprising. Or would you expect countries like Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, or Cuba to identify a disease?[/quote]
Ebola was identified in Africa less than a decade later, it’s named for a river there.

The question you should be asking yourself, is if EV-D68 had an outbreak in Central America, why wouldn’t the WHO have heard if it? They live for this ****, and already track other diseases there.

I will state though that without further proof, I would personally classify OD’s suggestions as a hypothesis (not even a theory) and nothing more.

It’s one blatantly made with pundit goggles.

Most cases have been in the Northeast, while most immigrants are in the Southwest.

And, despite the fan fair, the children seeking asylum? They’re all vaccinated (if need be) before being released anywhere. Kind of a “duh” move when you think about it.

Sharyl Attkison has an interesting article on this topic:

http://sharylattkisson.com/polio-like-outbreak-claims-fifth-life-in-u-s

“Enteroviruses commonly circulate in the U.S. during summer and fall. EV-D68 was first identified in California in 1962. Over the past thirty years, only small numbers were reported in the U.S.”

“Though the U.S. government is keeping secret the locations of the illegal immigrant children, there are significant numbers of them in both cities in which the current outbreak was first identified, Kansas City, Missouri and Chicago, Illinois, according to local advocates and press reports.”

Yeah, and as I said, they’re vaccinated before they’re released. Another point? This disease targets young children, whereas most of the illegals are teenagers.

“Significant numbers”? That’s a nice qualifier.

[quote=“Alaska_Slim, post:16, topic:44735”]
Yeah, and as I said, they’re vaccinated before they’re released. Another point? This disease targets young children, whereas most of the illegals are teenagers.
[/quote] For some diseases yes, but I can guarantee that they aren’t vaccinated for EV-D68.

As for your statement that most illegals are teens… I challenge you to prove it… (Remember that YOU have stated in the past that illegals come here to work and that most companies don’t hire teens under 18.)

Pretty sure if there was an outbreak of d68 among them, they wouldn’t let them out.

Equally, if there was an outbreak of EV-d68 in Central America, we would have heard of it by now.

Too many things don’t add up for a theory that was based on tenuous circumstances. Sorry, but even the CDC itself says they aren’t the likely source.

As for your statement that most illegals are teens… I challenge you to prove it… (Remember that YOU have stated in the past that illegals come here to work

Jesus Ran, you’re being inane again.

I already told you that these kids aren’t actually illegals, they’re asylum seekers. By definition, these kids are in the system, and they are processed for disease before being released.

Actual illegals, to include their parents, are both a different group and far outnumber them. I continued to call the former illegals here so as to avoid confusion and because the distinction wasn’t important, but I doubt you forgot I made it, so why bother doing this? Why ask when you know you’re being facetious?

and that most companies don’t hire teens under 18.)

most, another nice qualifier.

[quote=“Alaska_Slim, post:18, topic:44735”]
Pretty sure if there was an outbreak of d68 among them, they wouldn’t let them out.

Equally, if there was an outbreak of EV-d68 in Central America, we would have heard of it by now.

Too many things don’t add up for a theory that was based on tenuous circumstances. Sorry, but even the CDC itself says they aren’t the likely source.
[/quote] Read your link… The lady quoted made sure to cover her ass in it… She didn’t say that it didn’t come from illegals, he said things like, “I think that this really sort of argues against " and " it seems unlikely”. And I never said for sure it did. I will admit to doing the same thing she did, I said its likely it did. (Maybe CT could correct me, but its my understanding viruses mutate more commonly in mono-ethnic societies, and rarely in multi-ethnic societies.) I especially love the part at the end where she implies that the children were vaccinated against EV-D68. The article says, “Wells too pointed to the CDC vaccinations at the border.” Got news for you… I can GUARENTEE the children weren’t vaccinated against EV-D68

Jesus Ran, you’re being inane again.

I already told you that these kids aren’t actually illegals, they’re asylum seekers. By definition, these kids are in the system, and they are processed for disease before being released.

Actual illegals, to include their parents, are both a different group and far outnumber them. I continued to call the former illegals here so as to avoid confusion and because the distinction wasn’t important, but I doubt you forgot I made it, so why bother doing this? Why ask when you know you’re being facetious?
[/quote] Your right, I knew you couldn’t prove it. I was challenging your inane statement that “This disease targets young children, whereas most of the illegals are teenagers.” First off, we can only know the stats of the asylum seekers. Second off, you can’t prove that most illegals are teens. BTW, please drop the personal insults. I don’t mind if you call my statements very silly or stupid, but to say I am being very silly or stupid is an insult and against the rules of this forum.

most, another nice qualifier.
[/quote] I’m not foolish enough to believe that any rule is true 100% of the time. Even if a rule is proven to be true all but .0001% of the time, that’s still most. And we’re talking about businesses, some of whom will do anything to increase their profits, even if its illegal, so yeah, MOST businesses won’t hire teenagers, but there are some that will and everyone knows it.

Nonsense, AS. Did ANY of these “asylum seekers” go to US Embassies and obtain permission to come here and “seek asylum?” NONE did. They are therefore, ILLEGAL ALIENS…just like their parents are.

2 Likes