Everyday a Friday by Joel Osteen

I saw this book on an episode of Hannity and it really sounded good to me and so far I love it.

Joel Osteen takes a different approach to preaching the gospel but I like his approach. He has a positive message and he gives really good advice for how to live everyday life.

Joel Osteen refused to say that Jesus is the only way to heaven. He is a phony and a false prophet.

When and where did he say this?

Our pastor read something once from Joel Osteen (he didn’t name him, but I asked him later if that was who he meant, and he confirmed it) where he bragged that he had never once mentioned Jesus in a sermon. I read or heard somewhere that he claimed that “God didn’t send him to call people to repent; He sent him to make them feel good about themselves.” Now who is ever going to repent if they always “feel good about themselves”?

Susanna, you are correct. Joel Osteen came to the ministry against his wishes when his father died. he did not want to preach, he wanted to administrate. His father was a well known radio evangelist preacher and had a troubled teen program in Texas, where there was some legal problems with disciplinary measures. He won the court cases but the damage was done. He left Corpus Christi and went to Dallas. Joel did take on the ministry through a certain amount of coercion, but HE DOES NOT preach Christ Crucified, nor Salvation through the blood. I consider him a non-christian organizer who draws great crowds offering safe religion with no responsibility.

Not sure I buy that, Susanna and njc17. I have heard him speak a lot and before every service he prays a prayer in Jesus name and at the end of every service asks people to pray along with him to accept Jesus into their heart.

Sure, he mainly preaches about God’s blessings. Others mainly preach about the end times. Others mainly preach about gifts of the spirit. I am not willing to condemn someone for that.

From his website:

We Believe…

the entire Bible is inspired by God, without error and the authority on which we base our faith, conduct and doctrine.
in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world.
Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. We believe that salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. We believe Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.
water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and a testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
in the regular taking of Communion as an act of remembering what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.
every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s Word, yielding to the Holy Spirit and by being conformed to the image of Christ.
as children of God, we are overcomers and more than conquerors and God intends for each of us to experience the abundant life He has in store for us.

Prepared for God’s Calling

Joel, the son of John Osteen, a highly respected minister of the Gospel and the founder of Lakewood Church, attended Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma where he studied radio and television communications. In 1982, Joel returned to Houston and founded Lakewood’s television ministry where he produced John Osteen’s televised sermons for 17 years until January 1999 when his father passed away suddenly from a heart attack.

For many years, John Osteen encouraged Joel to preach, but he always declined preferring to work behind the scenes. But, in early 1999 Joel felt compelled to accept his father’s invitation and he preached his first sermon on January 17th of that year. Little did anyone know that would be the last Sunday of John Osteen’s life. Two weeks later, Joel began preaching and later that year was installed as the new Senior Pastor of Lakewood Church.

A New Vision For The New Millenium

Almost immediately, weekly attendance began to grow at an extraordinary rate and in 2005, Joel moved Lakewood Church into its present location, the former Compaq Center, a 16,000-seat arena that was once home to the Houston Rockets professional basketball team. Now, with his wife Victoria, and the leadership staff of Lakewood, this innovative church is poised for the new millennium.

Joel’s extraordinary success can be found in his core message: That our God is a good God who desires to bless those who are obedient and faithful to Him through Jesus Christ. It is Joel’s deepest desire that his own life be an example of that principle and that everyone who hears this message of hope and encouragement would choose to accept God’s goodness and mercy and to become all that God wants them to be.

Sharing Hope for Today

We are so thankful for the opportunity to share the greatest message of all with individuals, families and communities all over the world. This ministry is committed to helping people from all walks of life experience the unconditional love and unending hope found only in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

We are sharing this hope with others by providing the basic necessities of food, clothing and medical supplies to those in need. We are using television, internet, podcasts and other new technologies to reach others with the Good News of the gospel. We are dedicated to helping people everywhere be inspired and rediscover their true purpose in life.
Reaching the Unreached, Telling the Untold
Millions Are Watching

God is doing amazing things through our television ministry. We are reaching into 200 million homes all across America and over 100 nations. Lives are being changed, relationships are being restored and communities are being transformed by the power of God and the message of hope that is being broadcast through this ministry.
48 Million Podcasts

The Bible says that “faith comes by hearing the Word of God”, and each week over than one million people are hearing God’s Word by downloading our audio and video podcast, making our podcast consistently one of the top five in the world. Because of your support, we are able to make this free resource available to millions around the world each week.
Going Into All The World
Feeding the Hungry

Your support of this ministry allows us to be the hands and feet of hope to those in need all around the world. Jesus instructed us to go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation (Mark 16:15). At Joel Osteen Ministries we use every available resource to help those in our own communities and those in need around the world.

Whether it be the streets of New York City or the slums of Nairobi, our ministry partners deliver the message of the gospel–along with food, clothing and medical supplies–to hungry children and families in need.
Healing the Sick

Joel Osteen Ministries is involved in vaccination programs, abandoned baby centers and centers for young troubled teens looking for a new life and a fresh start. We are helping feed the hungry, clothe the needy and provide hope to the hopeless.

Because of you we are able to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a world in need. Thank you for helping us reach the unreached and tell the untold the Good News of the gospel.

I saw that interview with Larry King. It comes off as if he is saying Jesus isn’t the only way, but I think what he is really trying to say is that he won’t be the judge of someone.

Larry asked the same question to Billy Graham. And Billy Graham gave the same answer as Joel Osteen.

I think satan is trying to tear Christians apart by focusing on semantics.

No he divides. God expressly said, you shall NOT have any other gods before me. Jesus, [jeshua,Yeshua] God three on One Is the only God, and ONLY through Jesus can one come to god. NO OTHER WAY

The root of the word “korbanot” means “becoming closer to god” and not sacrifice. Personal closeness, personal sacrifices.

What others preach mostly about the end times and spiritual gifts? I know there are some that do, but it’s not “most.” And preaching to make people “feel good about themselves” when they really need to feel bad about their sins - I think there’s something in the Bible about “sorrowing to repentance,” or something like that - is false teaching. Repentance is the message throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation.

I am saying there are certain preachers that seem to focus solely on end times or spiritual gifts. Maybe your right though.

Yes, it’s true that there are some such. And especially those that focus on healing. Most - if not all - of those are phony.