Ex-Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain Announces Presidential Exploratory Committee

‘The Hermanator’ :biggrin:

Matt Lewis
Columnist

*After many months of “prayerful consideration,” Herman Cain, the former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza and the conservative host of a popular talk radio show in Georgia, has formed an exploratory committee to run for president as a Republican. *

MORE:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/01/12/herman-cain-announces-presidential-exploratory-committee/

Hmmm…a black man running against a black man ???

He is a good man, hopefully he will also be a good candidate.

As long as he does not take any campaign advice from Fred Thompson’s campaign manager he will be fine.

I am still mad that Fred’s campaign was so poor.

Alan Keyes would have if the GOP didn’t force McCain on us.

Awesome, a Fred Head! And he was ahead in the polls, too. What happened?

Next to irrelevant, but my first draw toward Herman Cain is that he shares the same name as my late F-in-L - a man I admired a great deal. Then, of course, this Herman Cain went on to earn my respect all on his own.

Re: Fred Thompson. I, too, was one of those who jumped aboard as soon as I heard he was running…
…only to learn I was on a sinking ship. What a disappointment! (Don’t want to hijack, but his campaign fizzling like it did will always be a curiousity.)

Are people with real life experiences allowed in politics at such a high level?

We can always hope.

After all, we now have a president with no experience at all, especially NO REAL LIFE experience. :hippy:

Me too. I was initially very supportive of him, but every speech I saw was terribly deflating. I was really hoping for someone that could inspire confidence and show leadership, and he failed.

[quote=“Humility, post:3, topic:28837”]
Alan Keyes would have if the GOP didn’t force McCain on us.
[/quote]Alan Keyes is a good man and completely unable to win an election. He doesn’t project any leadership qualities.

[quote=“Humility, post:3, topic:28837”]
Awesome, a Fred Head! And he was ahead in the polls, too. What happened?
[/quote]I was 100 percent on the Fred Thompson bandwagon too. I was blown away with how ineffective he was at getting out his message despite his great performance during the primary debates. McCain wasn’t at fault. We split the conservative and left leaning camps and he simply ran up the middle.

Agreed. Like you said, a good man, for whom I have respect, but doesn’t exactly spark enthusiasm.

I was 100 percent on the Fred Thompson bandwagon too. I was blown away with how ineffective he was at getting out his message despite his great performance during the primary debates. McCain wasn’t at fault. We split the conservative and left leaning camps and he simply ran up the middle.

As is so with so many politicians, I’ll never know unless I ask the man, myself, (assuming he’d tell the truth), why he lost the election on purpose
We’ll never know if he lost interest, or if he was TOLD to lose interest.

I also supported Fred, but people didn’t seems to like him. He is boring I admit, but voters care about appearance(See:Obama).

He certainly came off as boring during the campaign but his speech at the GOP Convention was great.

I really think he was a victim of a poor campaign staff and strategy.

I wonder what convinced him to go all ‘high tech’. Practically his entire campaign was on YouTubel. Great - nobody got to see it. It annoyed me.
All I know is I won’t be buying any Reverse Mortgages. :wink: :biggrin:

I just wanted to add that open primaries aided McCain greatly. Democrats “helping” to pick the Republican nominee…

I’ve heard Herman Cain on Rush’s show a couple times (I think that’s where I heard him) and he seems like he has his head on straight to me.

Damn right they helped him. I am 100% against open primaries. If you aren’t a member of my party, I don’t want you choosing my candidate.

Technically, I guess, my state is considered open primaries. All that I have to do is declare a party when I check in and they prepare the ballot for me. I haven’t selected the Dem ballot for a very long time.

I would love to see a Trump/Cain ticket

What? You need a good laugh? Trump,really? I don’t think I could support Trump. Cain, maybe. Trump? Never.

Yes, Trump is the only candidate ballsy enough to call China on their BS, the rest of them are your typical eunuchs scurrying away when anything that would require you have a pair.

305,000,000 people in this country and you think Donal Trump is the only one who’ll stand up to China? He is a typical business man, and will do the profitable thing, even if is smoozing with China.

Yes, he has been speaking extensively on it for the last year or two, now compare that to the other candidates who are talking the same old crap that got us into this in the first place.