Experiencing really, REALLY slow response here...

Anyone else having very slow response here or is it just my connection??

Both FC and I have been having slow response, I just thought it was choking. We have a lot of such problems periodically, but hadn’t been having them in a long time.

Thanks, Susanna. It’s been like this almost all day. I always presume it is my Comcast internet connection. But today it seems to be only when I try to get on RO or reply… But thanks!

I haven’t done anything except email and RO today. But when I first tried to get on this evening, I got “site not found” or something like that, and it was the same on both tabs I tried to open. I usually have 2 windows open on RO.

Me too, and I’m on broadband, not dial-up. So I gotta’ believe it’s rily rily bothersome for FC and Susanna.

Right now it’s Monday, December 16th, and I’m guessing it will be about 5:42PM US Mountain time here by the time this posts.

A ping of republicanoperative.com shows an average (6 requests) of 109 ms, with 6 packets transmitted, 5 received, and 60% successful.

Whereas a ping of google.com shows an average of 40 ms, with 6 packets transmitted AND 6 received, AND 100% successful.

My wait time for FORUM topics to load varies, but it gets up to a full 45 seconds or so. My normal broadband wait time for loading is usually less then a second, but I’ve not seen anything NEAR that today.

It seems like cookies are loading fine, but after that my browser shows “waiting for republicanoperative.com” for a painfully long time.

Is there a server problem, or what?

1 Like

Don’t understand all that gobble-dee-gook above, but the “waiting for republicanoperative.com” is exactly what I’ve been getting. The little circle in the tab goes round and round and round and…

I’m no expert, but that would be my guess. Sometimes it was just slow. Other times it was plain choking, and I either had to click on something on the other tab or hit “escape” and refresh to get the page to completely load.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:7, topic:41996”]
I’m no expert, but that would be my guess. Sometimes it was just slow. Other times it was plain choking, and I either had to click on something on the other tab or hit “escape” and refresh to get the page to completely load.
[/quote]Is back to “normal” today, so either somebody fixed it, or it “fixed itself”.

Watch, since I said that, now it will start slowing down again.

At the risk of getting a virtual slap from the gals here (~hand comes out from the screen~), some lines from the file I keep for archiving possible sigs seems pertinent:

Computers are really strange - first, everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It’s like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female”. - Unknown (just kidding, gals)

Glad to have you back with us, Bobjam! Mine cleared up, too. And, I have those problems all the time…and those situations can sometimes mimic female life! :awkward:

From the Star Trek episode Tomorrow is Yesterday in which the Enterprise’s computer had been given a personality by the female inhabitants of some world or other and had taken to calling Kirk “dear,” and (according to Spock) displayed a tendency to giggle:

KIRK: Computer, you will not address me in that manner.
COMPUTER: Computed, dear…

The slowdown/choking problems seem to have cleared up for me too; more evidence that it was the server.

Misogynist pigs…

These two computers and a woman go into a bar together…

:popc1: and…???

Beats me…

Awwww…what a let down!!

The problem that confuses men about women is that they have short memories. My ex used to say that every time he thought he had me figured out, I did something that surprised him. But the truth of the matter was, that the same things surprised him over and over again . . .

1 Like

I had a wonderful professor in college who told me that her husband was a brilliant scientific researcher, but every time he walked into the kitchen, his IQ dropped 50 points…! I thought that was hysterical!

1 Like

OK . . . I’m down, I’m down, I’m down . . .

1 Like