Experts said Arctic sea ice would melt entirely by September 2016 - they were wrong

[COLOR=#3C53A0][FONT=&quot]Dire predictions that the Arctic would be devoid of sea ice by September this year have proven to be unfounded after latest satellite images showed there is far more now than in 2012.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Scientists such as Prof Peter Wadhams, of Cambridge University, and Prof Wieslaw Maslowski, of the Naval Postgraduate School in Moderey, California, have regularly forecast the loss of ice by 2016, which has been widely reported by the BBC and other media outlets.

Experts said Arctic sea ice would melt entirely by September 2016 - they were wrong

Remember these folks have “hard facts” unfortunately they seem to ignore reality.

Actually another group of scientist said that it would disappear 4 or 5 years ago. The next year it was 40% bigger than the prior year. Hopefully they will get more grant money so that they can keep up these wonderful predictions.
As a side question I do wonder something. If they predicted all that melted ice, which would increase sea levels. Do any of them live on the coast & did any of them move? For that matter did they sell any coastal property? I mean if they really believe that it’s going to happen wouldn’t they try to profit from it or at least protect themselves from loses?

A bit more from the article sam linked:

Sarah Knapton

8 OCTOBER 2016 • 8:57AM

> …

> Prof Wadhams, a leading expert on Arctic sea ice loss, has recently published a book entitled A Farewell To Ice in which he repeats the assertion that the polar region would free of ice in the middle of this decade.

> As late as this summer, he was still predicting an ice-free September.

> Yet, when figures were released for the yearly minimum on September 10, they showed that there was still 1.6 million square miles of sea ice (4.14 square kilometres), which was 21 per cent more than the lowest point in 2012.

So, if these scientists can’t predict conditions 5 or 10 years out - in fact, reality was the the opposite of what they predicted - why in Hades does anyone believe what they predict 50 or 100 years out? How many d@#m times does reality have to contradict the predictions and projections of Global Warming//Global Climate Change theory before the theory is tossed on the dung heap along with so many other Enviro-Frauds?!

What amazes me is , as they keep getting proved wrong, they will still double down, and issue even more bizarre predictions, and even more dolts will believe them.

Hey I’m a scientist & I predict that the sun will super nova next year. But I can stop it if you send me $19.95 & 2 proof of purchases from Jimmy Dean Sausage boxes before December.
The funny thing is that I’ll probably be just as right as they have been even if you don’t send me the $19.95 & 2 proof of purchases & my way you will get to eat all of that sausage. (wink)

That’s because the elementary, middle school, high school and college kids have this stuff pounded into them for 16 years or more. It is also the way the cement “Progressivism” into the system forever.

That’s why Obama is obsessed with global warming. He knows that it is the quickest, easiest and most comprehensive way to achieve the “dictatorship of the proletariat.”

[ATTACH]2835[/ATTACH]

“A lie once told remains a lie. But, a lie told 1,000 times becomes the truth.”

“…arguments must therefore be crude, clear, and forcible and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology.”
“This is the secret of propaganda. Those who are to be persuaded by it should be completely immersed in the ideas of the propaganda, without ever noticing that they are being immersed in it.”
~ Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda, Nazi Germany