Failed GOP gubernatorial candidate blames Israel for Sandy Hook shooting on Iranian t

Failed GOP gubernatorial candidate blames Israel for Sandy Hook shooting on Iranian television
By Julian Pecquet
TheHill.com
12/18/12 01:02 PM ET

A one-time Republican candidate for governor of Arizona blamed Israeli “death squads” for the Sandy Hook shooting during an appearance on Iran’s state-run Press TV Tuesday.

Michael Harris came in third place in the 2006 Republican primary, which Len Munsil won before falling to Democrat Janet Napolitano. He is now the Phoenix-based financial editor of Veterans Today, a conspiracy-minded “military and foreign affairs journal” whose editorial board includes former Pakistani and Russian spies.

“I want to remind you of the Norway shooting of Mr. Breivik, which followed a week after Norway had agreed to support Palestine,” Harris told Press TV. “Now you look at Israel just lost their bid to thwart Palestine from being recognized by the United Nations and now here we go, here is a revenge killing in the U.S., sponsored by Israel, that killed all these innocent children and that is something that Israelis do very, very well. …"

Adding to The Hill’s detail that Harris placed third in the 2006 AZ R Gubernatorial Primary, Harris got nearly 19K votes out of the nearly 232K votes cast. I’ll leave the math to the terminally curious, but that means Harris got significantly less than 10% of the vote. Whether his antisemitic lunacy was known at the time is something I do not know. Calling Harris a fruitcake or a nutjob would be an insult to fruitcakes and nutjobs!

When I first saw the thread title, I thought: You’ve got to be crapping me…:Thud::banghead:

From the article:

The Israeli government has so far remained silent on the matter.

What’s to respond to? If they’re smart, they won’t even begin to take this clown seriously.

I am not the least bit surprised. The leftist Republican party is lockstep with the Dems. On foreign policy, Romney was Obama 2. It is seen right here, on RO. Oh well, 16 more years under Democrat control. Thanx Pubbie leftists.

Why do all of the so-called alternative news media outlets have Iranian roots? I’m not talking about thehill here. I’ve seen this story on other sites. They all get their news from the Iranian Government sponsored state websites or Television!!!

Yes, that means that the news they are spreading is sponsored by the Iranian Government. So what is better? A terrorist government that suppresses real stories and backs crack pot conspiracies like 9/11 was an inside job and the holocaust never happened. Yup these are all Ahmadinejad’s crazies!!!

Or the free market “corporate” media that they all rally against saying that everything they say is a bunch of brainwashing lies without evidence to back it up?

Funny how in this instance liberal crackpots and paulbots align once again.

You are looking past the obvious. This is the NEW Republican Party. The new boss, same as the old boss. They think they got to join 'em, to beat 'em.
Antisemitism is growing in the Pub Party. They figure since they cannot beat the Dems, they’ll join them. Fighting liberalism with liberalism and statism with statism.

Some one who got less than 10% of the vote in a republican primary clearly speaks for the entire party. Of course that is what all democrats love to do take one person and claim the whole party is just like that.

Yeah I don’t see Antisemitism growing in the Republican Party. I see it among all of the libertarians though and that was probably what this guy was. We all know how they love to claim they are Republicans, yet they seem to hate republicans (Romney, McCain, Bush) Moreso than the democrats.

I only met one Libertarian in my life who was pro-israel.

Well, haven’t you ever heard of Ron Paul?? lolz :rofl:

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:6, topic:37615”]
Some one who got less than 10% of the vote in a republican primary clearly speaks for the entire party. Of course that is what all democrats love to do take one person and claim the whole party is just like that.
[/quote]C’mon, man, don’t be obtuse. Anyone without blinders on, can see the Republican shift to the left. I am talking about the Party, not the people. I left the GOP when Bush’s dad broke his solemn word. Since, I’ve watched in disappointment, as a Republican became the biggest spender in his lifetime, only to be outdone by the biggest leftist in the Senate. It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon, to see what is happening.
Smug responses are not substitutes for debates.

Yes it is. In the eyes of the New Republican party, it is the way to do debate because, that is how Democrats do it.

and broad baseless generalizations are?

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:11, topic:37615”]
and broad baseless generalizations are?
[/quote]Say something meaningful. I already told you how I see the leftist shift of the GOP,and all you do is obfuscate.
How about this. Right here on this site is a Republican who advocates for gay marriage, excuses abortion for convenience, agreed with Roberts on Obamacare, disparages Christians and defends Muslims. He hates Social Conservatives, and claims to be conservative. He really believe he is. Others here share his views, either totally, or in part. That is a leftist shift from past platforms. He has stated emphatically that Social Conservatives have no place in the GOP. This is the GOP you know. The GOP I know was against abortions, the redefinition of marriage and embraced social conservatism.
But smug away. You got nothing.

Again using your democrat argument to use one person to vilify an entire party. You claim a leftward platform shift even though you ignore the evidence that the GOP adopted an even stricter anti-abortion stance. I guess I could forgive your ignorance since you left the GOP decades ago and seem to get all your information about republicans from “republican” operative.

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:13, topic:37615”]
Again using your democrat argument to use one person to vilify an entire party. You claim a leftward platform shift even though you ignore the evidence that the GOP adopted an even stricter anti-abortion stance. I guess I could forgive your ignorance since you left the GOP decades ago and seem to get all your information about republicans from “republican” operative.
[/quote]Bafflegag. I am no Democrat, genius. I am a conservative independent who values the fiscal conservative approach, traditional family values, Constitutional consistency and Freedom of Religion. I believe in gun rights, and freedom of speech. Believe me when I say this, kid, I am not ignorant, by any stretch of the imagination.
The person I refer to is not the only one on this site, and certainly not isolated in this country. He’s no teenager, but he is a staunch Republican. He claims fiscal conservatism, while agreeing with Roberts on Obamacare. He also claims Pro Life, and then supports a mothers right to murder her offspring for convenience sake. Heck, your last Presidential hopeful, was Pro Choice, before it became expedient that he be Pro Life. He drafted the model Obama used to craft Obamacare. He changed from supporting AZ immigration legislation, to aligning with Obozo, about illegals, in the debates.
Now, Smug away.

They all get their news from the Iranian Government sponsored state websites or Television!!!

The reason is that the idiot spewed his crap on an Iranian TV outlet broadcast. That outlet is the original source. If I filed the papers carefully (and the ashes remain unfound) I could probably run my dead dog for Governor of CA. And if I posted a few signs and posted some comments on a few newspapers’ website articles I could probably get a few thousand votes for my dead dog. So 19K votes for this character isn’t that impressive. And of course, don’t forget that David Duke ran for some office as a R. So I really don’t see this as reflecting much on the R Party (OTOH, I think my dead dog would make a better Governor than Arnold was).

You’re talking about me…and that is OK…but you got it about 75% wrong as usual. You just don’t do well on reading comprehension…and NO…I am not going to correct your errors. You love erecting straw men to advance your nuttier ideas. Your hypothesis on the Republican Party taking a leftward shift has them rolling in the aisles at the RNC. Mr. Boehner finds that thought particularly amusing at the moment.

[quote=“Cam, post:16, topic:37615”]
You’re talking about me…and that is OK…but you got it about 75% wrong as usual. You just don’t do well on reading comprehension…and NO…I am not going to correct your errors. You love erecting straw men to advance your nuttier ideas. Your hypothesis on the Republican Party taking a leftward shift has them rolling in the aisles at the RNC. Mr. Boehner finds that thought particularly amusing at the moment.
[/quote]I think everyone has your number by now

[quote=“Cam, post:16, topic:37615”]
[/quote]Hey genius. Wrong again, though you certainly fit the bill. Shows what you know, or literally, don’t know. I guess your conscience is alerting you to something. Maybe you should listen.
Nope, I was not referring to you. And as far a Boner is concerned, who is he to think anything. He’s a Democrat Puppet, like Roberts, and you.
Facts are difficult things. Your party couldn’t take out a Marxist hack with no executive abilities, save it be for his golf handicap, and got millions less votes, than when McLame tried to be a conservative. What is laughable, is the RNC. They’re “rolling in the isles” and that is akin to fiddling while Rome burns. You political monkeys are destined to lose many more elections before you figure it out.
We tried to tell you, but you would not listen. We are still trying to tell you, and you continue to not see the woods, for the trees. That’s OK, too, since it will be very entertaining to me to watch the RNC go SPLATT.
HAVE A NICE DAY.
But, go on back to your world of illusion, keep blaming SoCons for your failings and live in that bubble you are creating for yourself.

Maybe you should stop talking like one then.

:rolleyes:holy sheep