Fair is Fair

Military Officials: Women Should Register for Draft — Just Like Men**
LINK: Military Officials: Women Should Register for Draft

Now that all combat jobs are open to women, the top Army and Marine Corps officers say they should have to register for the draft — just like men.

Gen. Mark A. Milley, chief of staff of the Army, and Gen. Robert B. Neller, the Marine Corps commandant said they supported the requirement during testimony at a hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday**…(SNIP)**

No, women should not have to register and they should never be drafted if the draft is ever reinstated.

It is preposterous to think that we should let the actions of a corrupt government that uses political correctness to diminish our character and security as a nation as justification to require the diminishing of our character and security as a nation.

I did not post the article for the same reason that NBC news did. I think women in combat is wrong, and I was illustrating that by showing something else that is even more wrong.

Yes, women should not be drafted, and they should not be drafted because they should not be in combat positions in the first place.

I have a book (fiction, to be sure, and a somewhat liberal slant to it), set during World War II, and the emphasis was that while the men went off to war, the women were to stay at home and be “Keepers of the Faith.” The book was filled with the idea of women working at war-related jobs.