Family’s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child’s Rifle

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes…lds-rifle.html

Due to a facebook photo of his son wearing camouflage and holding his new .22 rifle, his home was raided without a warrant. He is a
certified firearms instructor, a range safety officer and a New Jersey hunter education instructor. His son has a New Jersey hunting license and recently passed the state’s hunter safety course. This is what this country has come to. They demanded to see his gun collection and didn’t back off until they heard from his attorney via speaker phone. This is what this country has come to. A facebook photo with a gun can lead to a warrantless raid by the gestapo. Welcome to the police state of amerika.

Remember, you do not have to answer the door. You do not have to speak to police.
And you are usually better off not doing either.

The first question you always ask is “Do you have a search warrant”. The next statement is “good day sir.” Close the door if you opened it.

In the Family Rights Issue Links sticky thread, There are links that tell people how to handle the knock on the door of CPS. It basically states that unless there is a warrant or court order, you don’t have to let them in or even open your door. That’s the mistake that people make. They open their door and let them in. Doing so waives their right to a search warrant and/or court order. In many areas, it is relatively difficult to get such things and even if they do produce a search warrant, it gives you time to prepare for the next visit.

My .22 rifle is nowhere near that cool. :frowning: Since when do .22 rifles look like M4s?

FYI, they raided the home because of a tip from a child abuse hotline. So some arse facebook friend probably reported him.

They’ve had M-16 look-alike .22s at least dating back to the mid '80s, and probably long before.

Mine’s just a simple bolt action with a solid wooden stock. Mine’s been through the family, though. This picture just confused me when I first saw it, haha.