Family’s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child’s Rifle

Family’s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child’s Rifle
Todd Starnes
Townhall.com
2013/03/20

New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.

“Someone called family services about the photo,” said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. “It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids.”

Moore was not arrested or charged.

Moore, of Carneys Point, is a certified firearms instructor for the National Rifle Association, an NRA range safety officer and a New Jersey hunter education instructor.

He recently posted a photograph of his son wearing camouflage and holding his new .22 rifle. The child has a New Jersey hunting license and recently passed the state’s hunter safety course.

I hope this man and the NRA jam this bit of hoplophobic stupidity down the DCF’s collective bureaucratic throat! And the police didn’t know this man is a certified firearms instructor and range safety officer? I find that hard to believe! They should have put the kibosh on the DCF’s hoplophobic outburst before it happened! And if this was done without a search warrant Shawn Moore could end up “owning” the DCF’s office building, as there is significant precedent that such social agencies are government officials subject to the 4th Amendment.

“Hoplophobic” ~~ I’ve never heard that before. I have to go look it up.

Aside from that, DCF is an abusive organization. They will destroy a family over a mere accusation. They need to be be shut down.

I’m pretty sure “hoplophobic” is slang or a coined word. It means the fear of weapons. “Phobic” comes from thenGreek word for fear, and “hoplo” comes from “hoplite”, the ancient Greek word for a heavily armed soldier.

That would be ‘bulletcomingatmephobic’ wouldn’t it?