Fascism by the Numbers

Fascism by the Numbers
By JAMES TARANTO
Online.WSJ.com
April 19, 2013

On Wednesday we analyzed Sirota’s bizarre hankerings in terms of psychology. Today we’d like to consider the politics of it all. Echoes of Sirota’s wish could be heard from many other leftist commentators, albeit with less emphasis on race and more on ideology. Here are some greatest hits from NewsBusters.org:

• NPR’s “All Things Considered” aired a segment in which the tax-subsidized network’s counterterrorism reporter, Dina Temple-Ralston, declared: "April is a big month for anti-government, and right wing, individuals. There’s the Columbine anniversary. There’s Hitler’s birthday. …

• National Journal’s James Kitfield wrote: “The timing of the attack on ‘Patriot’s Day,’ which coincides with the April 15 deadline for filing federal taxes, suggests a possible link with right-wing, antigovernment extremist groups.” …

• A CNN.com article by Tim Lister and Paul Cruickshank asserted without evidence that the use of pressure cookers in bomb construction is “a recipe that has been adopted by extreme right-wing individuals in the United States.” …

• MSNBC aired an interview with Harvard’s Jessica Stern, who observed that a recipe for a similar bomb was published in an al Qaeda magazine–and on that basis speculated of a fringe-right connection! "It’s also important to recognize that the recipe was shared and lauded by Stormfront, which is a neo-Nazi website. …

• The day of the bombing, MSNBC aired an interview with Adam Lankford, a criminal justice scholar, who said of the bombers: "We don’t know whether they’re trying to complain about abortion, about taxes. …

The left’s and the media’s reflexive search for right-wing perpetrators is not unique to this attack. Indeed, it’s not even unique among attacks this week. On Tuesday the office of Sen. Roger Wicker, a Mississippi Republican, received a letter containing ricin, a toxin derived from the castor oil plant. United Press International reported that the Anti-Defamation League “said ricin . . . is popular with domestic extremists. . . . Many ricin incidents have been attributed to homegrown extremists, particularly right-wing groups such as anti-government extremists and white supremacists. Other ricin incidents have been unrelated to any specific ideology, the ADL said.”

Let’s not forget to thank “RO’s own” summoners of right-wing demons:

http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f8/bomb-boston-marathon-40362/index2.html#post585813; this wasn’t the only such comment by a guest, just the one that was approved. I deleted at least one other subsequent to this one.

http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f8/bomb-boston-marathon-40362/index13.html#post586195

Then, too, blaming “right-wingers” (conservatives, TEAS Partiers, Pro-Life people, Christians) for stuff like the Boston Marathon bombing almost seems like a rite of passage for some in the national MSM! That’s only a “Top Five” list. Other similar instances come easily to mind: the Norwegian massacre, the murder of the IRS agent, the George Tiller murder (the latter two not mass murders, obviously).

You know, I am not one to force feed crow to someone. But a simple “we’re sorry” might be required as this was an extensive attempt to make it out to be a Republican or Conservative fighting the holy Obama. And let’s not kid ourselves, they wanted us silenced. They want us to shut up, give in, do what they want to do, regardless of logic or the assault on personal freedoms. Thus, if the attack did occur by a right-winger, we would spend the next 3 years being reminded why we are not permitted an opinion or a say. Sometimes I get so frustrated being a Republican in a Democrat-controlled nation I just want to exclaim in very loud voices and vulgarities. But self-control gets the better of me.

lol Jazz. How conservative of you

In 2010, the first issue of an English-language magazine by Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the terror group’s Yemeni affiliate, included an article explaining how to make an explosive with a pressure cooker and shrapnel.

The article was titled “Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom” and had a photo of a backpack concealing the explosive.

White supremacists in America took note of the article and one online forum, Stormfront, called the how-to manual “highly recommended reading,” according to SITE, a terrorist monitoring threat service and site.

There are a couple of problems with your “reasoning”, guest. First, the Boston Marathon bombers were not right-wingers. Obviously, that’s hindsight, but you also knew that when you posted. Second, and more pertinent, you and the MSNBC talking head claim that right-wingers have “adopted” and “use” pressure cooker bombs. Where? Cite a usage of that design in a bombing by American right-wingers. Third, you and CNN and/or MSNBC say Stormfront recommended reading the A-Q article, but don’t specify whether they recommended the idea or cited it as an example of violent thinking by dark-skinned people. Which was it? Having seen a sample of the @#%& Stormfronters have to say about blacks and crime, either possibility is quite credible to me. I find the omission interesting.

That’s it, keep up the fight! Don’t let a little thing like facts get in the way of once again blaming the Right for something.

I said this earlier …but now that the bombers are known and dead & in custody…the NEXT attack on the right will be an EXPOSE on how two terrorists got guns in one of the most gun unfriendly states in the country. The victims of the bombers (particularly the MIT cop) will be used just like the victims of Lanza were used.

Sad but true. I’ll point back to this post of yours as soon as we see this spin come out of the MSM.

I wonder how many of the citizens who were confined in their homes, cowering in fear, by lockdown order wished they had a gun to defend themselves with if the terrorist had broken in their home?
I wonder how many had an ‘illegal gun’?
I wonder how few actually had a legal gun?
I know if I had been in one of the homes my firearm would have been within reach at all times, legal or not!

And here we go Ladies and GentlemenLupica: When heroes ran toward well-armed bombers/gunmen in Boston, senators ran the other way by rejecting background checks - NY Daily News

"Lupica: When heroes ran toward well-armed bombers/gunmen in Boston, senators ran the other way by rejecting background checks
Boston bombing suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev turned to their guns when they ran out of bombs, one of them a military-style assault weapon, an M-4 carbine. Why? Because anyone can get a gun in America, and lawmakers don’t want to do anything about it.
…When the Tsarnaev brothers needed guns to back up their bombs, of course they had them. And here are the guns the Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev brought:
One M-4 carbine
One .40-caliber handgun
One 9-mm. handgun
Even one BB gun

… This is part of the description, by the way, of an M-4 when you buy one online: “Proven in military combat operations all over the world … a first-rate combat weapon system.”

It is a descendant of the AR-15, one of those guns the NRA says is just a sport rifle. Sure it is — if the sport is trying to shoot cops after you have set off bombs that killed an 8-year old boy and two young women watching the end of the marathon. That kind of sport.

The Tsarnaev brothers had guns when they needed them because anybody can get guns in America, and the U.S. Senate does nothing whatsoever to stop that, not even with a bill for better background checks. In a week when heroes ran toward trouble and showed such courage on Boylston St., enough senators did the opposite, and ran the other way.

I’m not going to click on that link as it may give the numbskull who wrote it the wrong impression that he/she/it is popular, or even halfway interesting when he/she/it obvoiusly hasn’t been keeping up with the news.
HELLO! YOUR precious FBI did a ‘background check’ on both of those lower-than-dirt miscreants; Russia warned us that they were trouble, and the stump stupids let them slide in anyway.

So how, pray tell, would a background check on Mr. Joe Plumber shopping at Wal-Mart, while they were most likely busily browsing an underground market, have helped?

They were too busy investigating white southern Christians.