Favorite Cadence

For those of you who have been “in” tell or post your favorite cadence. I always liked the mcdonalds one…but that one got outlawed shortly after my arrival in late 95 . Although, from my understanding, we all got real watered down version of most everything.

Here’s a few mpp3’s cadences ,some are good for running:
Drizzling rain
When I go to heaven
Pick up your weapon

Hail oh Hail oh infantry

And yes you can download them. If you have any that you would like to share, please email me and I’ll post it.

on edit apparently this thread has become very popular and many have linked to it outside this forum, I will post here what I have as far as military cadence mp3’s. I don’t think the candences are copywritten, which is why I am posting this zip file. If they are, I was never asked to sign a contract to sing them while I was in, therefore I guess I may be owed some royalties :biggrin:. Anyhow, enjoy. As I get more, I will post them, there are 13 cadences in the zip file now. Please consider joing our forum

Download free military cadences here-its a big file, about 24 megs.

Damn, nobody has any cadences?

[quote=“TheOperative, post:2, topic:6388”]
Damn, nobody has any cadences?
[/quote]About the only cadences I had were in boot camp, and I don’t remember much of it. I do remember seeing another company singing the Ballad of Gilligan’s Island.

I hate(d) them all.

Every single gosh-darned-doodely one of them.

I just remember a lot of profanity.
:beerchug:

I do remember a couple of lines from another one that I heard (our company didn’t use it); it refers to the generic “Ricky Recruit”:

Ricky, Ricky, don’t be blue;
Our recruiter screwed us, too.

I also remember a bit from one at my niece’s graduation from Army Basic Training. That bit was:

Shoot the sonofa-
Shoot the sonofa-

We never got to say anything like that when I was in boot camp.
Dammit.

on edit apparently this thread has become very popular and many have linked to it outside this forum, I will post here what I have as far as military cadence mp3’s. I don’t think the candences are copywritten, which is why I am posting this zip file. If they are, I was never asked to sign a contract to sing them while I was in, therefore I guess I may be owed some royalties :biggrin:. Anyhow, enjoy. As I get more, I will post them, there are 13 cadences in the zip file now. Please consider joing our forum

Download free military cadences here-its a big file, about 24 megs.
Any chance of still getting the zip file? The above link is dead.

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll put it up on my server.

Signal Corp, Ft. Gordon, GA

Starts like this,

“I was sitting in my foxhole,
sharpening my knife,
along came the enemy,
'had to take his life.”

If anyone can help me with the rest, it would be grandly apperciated.

My cadence calling started way back in 1964 and you are very correct. You get very watered down versions now.

Here are a couple from recent times . . .

Mama told Sally not to go downtown

Two Old Ladies Laying in Bed

Regards,

Keith

Cool, thanks I’ll add those to the download here. Everytime I hear them I want to go for a run.

The only one that comes to mind is the one from Stripes. lol

When I was four’n’half years old, I remember sitting in the yard at my friend’s house, watching the soldiers march down the main drag (Rt. 322) singing “You are my sunshine.”

Thinking about it, I must have been older than that, because I was almost 6 when Pearl Harbor was bombed; I must have been 6 1/2, because this was in the summer time. Unless the troops were getting ready because of the news from Europe.

In any case, I used to visit with her occasionally (usually Sunday afternoon, from our church camp), and I do remember a specific incident when I was 4 1/2. I remember a gentleman stopping and asking Kay how old she was, and she said, “Four years and six months.” He asked her then, “How old is she (indicating me)?” and Kay said, “Four years and six months.”

How about

Eighty Second, Patch on my shoulder…"

Tiny Bubbles

Count Cadence delay, Cadence delay, Cadence count

Drip Drop Drippity drop drop

C-130 thirty rollin down the strip

Little yellow birdie with a little yellow bill
Landed on my windowsill
Coaxed him in with a piece of bread
Then I smashed his f**king head

Marine Corps Cadence circa 1985

I don’t think PETA liked it much.

Yeah, that one was a favorite at Benning when I was there in '06. It’s still around. What others did we have?

c-130 rolling down the strip

‘R’ Is for Ranger

Saw an old lady walking down the street…

When I get to Heaven…

So many more…

I really can’t stand them now, but in basic they sure broke up the monotony!

GI grits
GI Gravy
Gee I’m Glad
I didn’t join the navy

I liked “Napalm saves the day” it’s rather graphic so I won’t post it, and I can’t find a link to a website with it.

napalm saves the day was a classic ,
and
my lover my rifle

way too vulgar for here though

all the ones that they sang when I was in were too vulgar to post

maybe

yellow bird

certainly NOT

drag queen navy ( I dont remember that one entirely anyway )

YouTube - USMC Cadence. ‘Mama Can’t you see.’

:machinegu