FB Glitch

Is it just me or are there others who can’t get much on their Facebook page? I get the banner at the top with the links contained thereon, but I have no access to posts or chat. Refreshing or clicking on the “home” link accomplished nothing, as did logging out and logging back in. I wasn’t sure if this is a “me” problem, or if it’s happening to others on FB.

FB is getting flooded with ads. I’m about to abandon it if ads are going to completely supplant the social aspects of it…

That could possibly be it (we use the same computer online), and we have adblocker. I just tried for the first time in several days, and I get the same result.

I like the ads I get…at least some of them. I’ve found some really great music that way.

Yeah, well, I don’t care what they’re advertising when it’s a semitransparent autoplay that overlays the post I’m trying to read with no way to move it or make it stop or go away. That is a dumb dumb dumb dumb DUMB ad strategy, IMHO. Maybe they are actually put there by moniter manufacturers who hope you’ll put your fist through the screen…

I haven’t seen that on FB. That would suck. Maybe there’s a setting.

[quote=“qixlqatl, post:5, topic:37366”]
Yeah, well, I don’t care what they’re advertising when it’s a semitransparent autoplay that overlays the post I’m trying to read with no way to move it or make it stop or go away. That is a dumb dumb dumb dumb DUMB ad strategy, IMHO. Maybe they are actually put there by moniter manufacturers who hope you’ll put your fist through the screen…
[/quote]I have run into the same thing on a few sites where the ads dominate the site and trying to actually read a post is not possible. Either the ad overlaps the article or if you close it, it immediately pops right back up so you still can not read the article. What I have to do is go to another site and see if someone mirrored the article.

I’ve seen that too on media links…sometimes you just can’t close the ad at all. I close the site and go elsewhere. I guess those folks don’t really want me to spend any time on their sites.

My impression isn’t that it’s an ad problem, although I don’t know for sure.

I haven’t seen it again, so maybe FB realized that it was dumb, or maybe it was a glitch. IDK…or care, for that matter. If fb lets ads overwhelm what people are there for, it will die, and I won’t even waste any time being sad about it…

If it is the ads, maybe it is blocking people with adblockers.

Whatever is happening, fb is really beginning to annoy the crap out of me… I *do *have a g+ account, Zuckerberg!!

It appears that it is the script blocker; I just loaded it, clicked on the blocker options, told it to temporarily allow all this page. It didn’t bring up the ads, so the ad blocker is still working. So I guess the solution is to “allow all this page” - dunno if it is for the account or the computer, but no problem, we can do it on both accounts if necessary. Dunno how it got turned off.

I allowed one identified script, and it works now.