First Lady takes on restaurants

After wrapping her arms around the retail giant Wal-Mart and trying to cajole foodmakers into producing nutrition labels that are easier to understand, Michelle Obama has her sights set on a new target: the nation’s restaurants.

First Lady takes on restaurants | StarTribune.com

As she munches on the food they had for Superbowl Sunday once again Michelle has come out against the nation and has dictated what she thinks is best for the children and adults.

Personally my experience with children is they like the fast food and I have had occasions where I bought a good nutritious meal only to have the child eat sparely and then half and hour later want to go to some fast food restaurant.

In the end it is up to the parent and not someone telling them how to feed their children

I heard the other day that gym class is no longer offered in some schools.

Destined to fail, thank God!

Yeah, you come on down here Oh Illustrious First Lady and tell us we can’t eat fried chicken, bbq, crawfish, hog’s head cheese, boudin, liver and so on. See how well that goes.

Freakin maroons.

I think she is feeling totally irrelevant, and has done this to feel “involved” in the reshaping of America. Her Liberal elitist attitude won’t allow her to understand that she is, in effect, causing her Hubby more grief, than glee. Go ahead, Michelle, alienate most of America before the 2012 election. I wish you the best, hoping it will help Obama decide on vacation spots to spend his unemployment.

The sad thing is… they’ll have lots of money (had it already), and get all kind of benefits due to his term in office.

That is good to know, since it has been us paying the bills for his vacations.

From the article:

The discussions are preliminary, and participants say they are nowhere near an agreement like the one Obama announced recently with Wal-Mart to lower prices on fruits and vegetables and to reduce the amount of fat, sugar and salt in its foods.

1. Wal-Mart recently made such an agreement? That’s news to me.
  2. How is it possible for a business that neither grows nor cans the food to reduce the amount of fat, sugar and salt in it? Aside from the deli and donuts counters, what would they do; puncture all the Libby’s Green Bean cans and pour some of it out?

A National Restaurant Association spokeswoman, Sue Hensley, called the discussions “a positive dialogue” and said her group and Obama had “the same goals in mind.”

You’ll have to pardon me if I take that with a GRAIN OF SALT.

Noting that research has shown that children consume more saturated fat and less fiber and calcium when they eat out, Obama has challenged restaurant owners to change their menus, recipes and marketing practices to “give parents the confidence to know that they can go into any restaurant in this country and choose a genuinely healthy meal for their kids.”

If the research is true, and Obama is sincerely concerned, then might I suggest she urge parents not to take their children out to dinner, rather than attempt to take over the restaurants? (Not that what parents feed their children is any of her darned business anyway.)
Also, PROVE to me that parents CAN’T find healthy choices at restaurants. It’s not like some alien has possessed their vehicle and forced it to pull into McDonald’s. And if I heard right, McDonald’s DOES have some healthy choices. It’s not like they HAVE to order off the children’s menu.
Oh, this whole thing is so completely ridiculous I almost feel stupid responding to it. JStang is right; thankfully, it has about as much chance of flying as Huckabee’s plan to take over AR restaurants did.

In this respect, I almost feel for the guy. Can you imagine what it must be like to have to hide every time you want to sink your teeth into a hot, juicy cheeseburger? (But seeing as he pretends he doesn’t smoke, either, no, I don’t. <Feel sorry for him, that is.>)

Go ahead, Michelle, alienate most of America before the 2012 election. I wish you the best, hoping it will help Obama decide on vacation spots to spend his unemployment.

Although it galls me that you & I will be paying that unemployment, it’s WAY cheaper than paying for his EMployment, so I’ll content myself with that.

:coffee_spray:

[quote=“2cent, post:7, topic:29104”]
In this respect, I almost feel for the guy. Can you imagine what it must be like to have to hide every time you want to sink your teeth into a hot, juicy cheeseburger? (But seeing as he pretends he doesn’t smoke, either, no, I don’t. <Feel sorry for him, that is.>)

Although it galls me that you & I will be paying that unemployment, it’s WAY cheaper than paying for his EMployment, so I’ll content myself with that.
[/quote]Looky here Michelle I made two cheese burgers tonight and they were yummeeeee.

Salt Lick anyone?

It seems awfully hypocritical of Michelle Obama to complain about fast food restaurants while her husband is famous for his affinity for Five Guys Burgers. You can’t regulate what people eat. Just another in a long line of efforts by the left to control everything in our lives from what we eat, to what we watch, to what we drive, etc.

Lefty Law #368: Do as we say, not as we do.

What a fiend… :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL! :biggrin:

I heard there are pictures of Mrs. Obama holding like, a milkshake in one of her photo ops. Or some kind of junk food anyways. I bet I could find it if I searched for it on the net. I guess my point is the hypocrisy is astounding. Especially knowing that her health-crazed azz’s husband is in bed with Monsanto. You know. The producers of “Frankenfood.” How can you give the green light to a company like Monsanto, yet bitch to all of us that we need to eat vegetarian/organic? I don’t understand.

Sam, nice quote by the way.

Now this political no one wants to give tax exemptions to nursing mothers. Remember when all the first lady did was pose for photo ops and pick out china patterns. If the position is going to start having any power at all I want a chance to vote against her!

This whole obesity scare is one ploy to either make loads of money or wrestle control from the people. Looking at all the skinny people about, the fact that probably around eighty percent of hospital patients are thin, and the fact that BMI is a horrible way to judge a person’s health; I doubt there is even an obesity epidemic in America.