First Presbyterian Church of Dallas gun buyback joined by counter rally

First Presbyterian Church of Dallas gun buyback joined by counter rally
By Travis Hudson

2:49 pm on January 19, 2013

It was a gun sellers market in downtown Dallas Saturday. The previously mentioned gun buyback hosted by First Presbyterian Church of Dallas and The Stewpot found itself with some competition from an eager group of gun buyers that set up across the street.

Signs saying “We pay more!” and “Give your gun a happy home” were waved along the street, trying to sway individuals planning to take guns to the Presbyterian event to cross the street and sell the gun to another private owner for more money and prevent its destruction.

First Presbyterian has been holding gun buybacks for years paying cash for guns, no questions asked. They take the guns to a metal smelter to be destroyed. This year they were met with a counter buyback. The counter buybacks are becoming a common occurrence as the country grapples with the topic of gun control.

The article states that such counter-buybacks are becoming “a common occurrence”, yet this was the first I’d heard of, and not from a MSM source. I learned of this counter-buyback through an online friend who participated in it. Methinks this “reporter” let slip another small instance of MSM bias-by-omission.

Telling example why I no longer affiliate withe Presbyterian Church (USA); Couple this with some of their other moves RE: homosexuality, abortion, etc., and it’s not difficult to see that they are tepid, neither hot nor cold, and lacking in depth of conviction, lose their numbers

It’s the first I’ve heard of the Presby’s getting competittion. But then I don’t listen to much news.

Still, GOOD FOR THEM!!

The Pastor in charge of the even was on the news and said"If we can get one gun off the street then I will consider this a success." Yes guess who sold their guns. Law abiding citizens. So Pastor you accomplished nothing. Did he seriously think a criminal would give up a gun for a few bucks when they could rob a store? The minds of lilly liveried sissys ever elude me.

C’mon, Sera! Stop beating around the bush, say what you rally think!

I would risk a dozen infractions. :rofl:

Makes ya wanna bang your head against the wall. Thankfully, those of us with heads screwed on straight(er than some, lol), see the absurdity of such an afront to ourselves.

It strikes me, too, that in these economic situations, that the Pastor is taking advantage of people who are in want and need of food and shelter.
I wonder what his motive really is. And where he gets the funds to compensate the ‘buy-back.’

Exactly! Maybe he should start a Food Bank instead of preying on those in need.

A “buy-back” for green beans! I love it!

I don’t trust this fella, not for nothin’. Did he not read Jesus’ teachings when He said to, “Sell thy cloak and buy a sword?”

Something’s amiss with this guy, and something tells me it has little to do with wanting a more peaceful world.

Seattle Gun BuyBack Gets JACKED! Turns Into a @#$% Gun Show! LOL

BTW, I asked the guy from whom I heard about the hijacking of the Dallas buy-back where that church gets the $$ to hold their annual event. Like 2c (I presume), I wonder if some/all of it may be from government.

This is awesome! I’d love to take part in one of these! I could even have Wife run the gun to make sure it was clean!

Good question 'cuz I highly doubt the parishoners thought their tithes would go toward a gun grab - even if they were for it.
Did you get an answer?

But back to your Seattle story:

On one last note of hilarity, the Seattle Police department claims that they will check the buyback guns to see if any were previously stolen and, if so, try to return them to the rightful owners! LOL. Brilliant!
:howler:

Now the only question is, when will the Seattle Police department stage the next gun show?

:coffee_spray:

I will be at the next gun show!
:beerchug: