Fluke testifies, "Birth Control Is a Medicine... Religious Schools Schools Should Pay

Leftist Sandra Fluke testifies, "Birth Control Is a Medicine… Religious Schools Should Pay"

Sandra Fluke is a student at Georgetown Law. She’s also a “reproductive rights activist” who agrees wholeheartedly with the Obama administration’s controversial contraceptive mandate. Her reasoning, though, is likely to enrage some critics.

Leftist Sandra Fluke testifies, “Birth Control Is a Medicine… Religious Schools Should Pay” - YouTube

** It is complete cradle to grave government dependence these communist stooges can’t live without. The only reason they need birth control is promisuous sex is the only thing they can do without government assistance.**

She is a “slut” and Rush should not have apologized.

The left can whine about the language and I will whine about the tyranny.

His comments were taken out of context anyway. He was doing his “demonstrating absurdity by being absurd” thing and attempted humor with his opinion on the story. His opinion was and is we shouldn’t be paying for her birth control. He went on to ask something to the effect of if we are paying for her sex life does that make us pimps and if so does that make her a slut. His apology was pretty good actually. He didn’t back down on his beliefs or opinion, but reiterated what his beliefs are and stated he did not intend to insult Ms. Fluke. It was more of a clarification. It was the smart thing to do in my opinion.

Sandra Fluke Is Really 30 Years Old And Went to Georgetown Knowing Contraception Wasn’t Covered | Video | TheBlaze.com

More information on Fluke.

[quote=“candygirl, post:4, topic:33813”]
Sandra Fluke Is Really 30 Years Old And Went to Georgetown Knowing Contraception Wasn’t Covered | Video | TheBlaze.com

More information on Fluke.
[/quote]You are always going get those people who deliberately go to a place that is against something they hate or against their religion and then complain they are not offered special treatment.

It is an exercise in absurdity like a guy applying for a job that features only women waitresses.

Ok I’ve been following this some, and I read Fluke’s testimony to see just what she said. She’s at best a slut advocate.

Fluke tries to make the point that birth control is a medically necessary treatment, and shares stories about people who need it for the treatment of ovarian cysts. But the funny thing, a story she tells about a particular woman with such a condition - that woman DOES get birth control paid for by her insurance BECAUSE it is medically necessary.

There’s nothing to advocate for on a medical basis, it’s already covered WHEN IT’S MEDICALLY NECESSARY.

Now there is an AP article that a 7th advertiser has pulled advertising from Rush Limbaugh. The article lists that it is ProFlowers (who actually says they’re suspending advertising, dunno if it means short term or long term or if it’s announced as such either way normally) and lists other advertisers doing so as Sleep Train and Sleep Number, Citrix, Carbonite, Quicken Loans and Legal Zoom.

So I have occasion to consider most of these guys, and unless they resume advertising I’ll be avoiding them. If I get the energy maybe I’ll tell them so.

But I know they also mostly advertise on Hannity, possibly also Levin? Not as sure there… I’m wondering if Hannity and Levin have taken similar or supporting positions and if the same advertisers are doing similar actions on other shows?

So why did Limbaugh reconsider and apologize? he has opened himself up to charges of slander and a massive lawsuit. and possibly loss of most if not all of his advertizers. had he not apologized he stood a stronger chance of showing the sluts true intentions.

Sex is more important to her than a degree. She’s a slutty slut.

Well slander or libel requires stating false information, and Rush hasn’t retracted his stance just his choice of words.

[quote=“Slipangle, post:9, topic:33813”]
Well slander or libel requires stating false information, and Rush hasn’t retracted his stance just his choice of words.
[/quote]Great point!! What he said was true, but perhaps he could have said it differently. Personally, I would not have apologized for speaking the truth.

Idiotic, mindless, stupid Republicans | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

I think Boortz has it right. The whole thing was a trap because the Democrats knew some idiot like Santorum would start talking about his perceived immorality of birth control and scare off women.

I’m not scared off by his talk and how come social liberals get to talk about their perceived morality and yet they get a free pass?

The point is that this debate should have never happened. It WAS a trap.

There’s an American Spectator piece out that goes through a lot of detail about the situation, particularly things like inconsistencies of critics, Sandra Fluke’s history and the background of the corporate heads of some of the companies that have pulled back their advertising with Rush… In particular he provides contact info, it’s an 8 page article so I’ve kept open the pages with the contact info which are the following pages:

The American Spectator : Rally for Rush

For example, Jeffrey Lord points out that Fluke had no issue going on Ed Shultz’s show, and said nothing about how Ed Shultz called Laura Ingram a slut. Carbonite founder McLaughlin has pulic records as contributing to MoveOn.org including the movements to push the fraudulent Texas ANG documents, Carbonite also advertizes on Shultz’s show.

Anyway, read the article from the beginning to get the info first-hand, I would say it’s an informative article.

Somehow that phrase always comes, in my mind, with a mandatory reference to Admiral Akbar…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1583[/ATTACH]

Now as to the subject matter of the whole thing being a trap… Can you be more specific - how was the trap intended to work?

You can’t have imagined it should have mattered to any conservative pundit.

You could have a point that having the hearings in the first place was obviously intended as a trap for politicians, and as such that’s no doubt why Fluke was not included in the hearings formally held by the particular House committee…

The trap was intended to make Republicans lose the election.

Yes, the Democrats created a BS situation but then inevitably there were some Republicans who started talking about the immorality of birth control, which implies it should be banned.

So the Catholic Church should have just kept quiet and accepted being forced into paying for contraceptives against their will? Are social conservatives not supposed to fight back?

NO, but the topic should have stayed on religious liberty and instead veered into the topic of the morality of birth control.

Where did they talk about the morality of birth control? That’s been the media that’s been promoting this lie.

And how come left wingers get to talk about morality issues without being accused of trying to legislate their beliefs down people’s throats?