For Trekky

Hey Trekky. I thought you might be also interested in this video of reknowned cardiologistDoctor Pim Van Lommel and his research on Nde’s and veridical Nde’s . It’s was one of the best studies done in this area .He was a materialist/atheist who is now into spirituality due to the evidence of his research into Nde’s .The evidence alone was strong enough to change his worldview.He is not a Christian though.http://youtu.be/YOeLJCdHojUhttp://youtu.be/N1k4fwWZMwII think you will really enjoy these 2 videos

Arthur someone really has to fix this problem with the editingHere are the 2 linksPresent! - Pim van Lommel (part one) Consciousness Beyond Life - YouTubehttp://youtu.be/N1k4fwWZMwII

NDE research reminds me of Global Warming research. LMAO! I believe that NDE’s are possible but I believe that most “scientist” just need the money.

Seravee, have you actually read the research ?
When we are talking about cardiologists so you really believe that they need " need the money?"
I know of no cardiologist that actually needs money.
I in fact know a married couple in which both husband and wife are cardiologists and are extremely well off.

The evidence for veridical Nde’s are extremely strong, and the attempts to explain them naturally by pseudo skeptics has been very weak, especially of people that were blind since birth having these types of experiences where it was I possible for them to have seen things around them with their natural,senses.

I have a brother-in-law who had an NDE - I think I posted it here once. I also have two great-nieces who have had several NDE-like experiences, but they were not near death at the time. They have been able to communicate with family members while walking and talking with Jesus in Heaven.

Susanna, thats amazing. I bet you anything that the experiences probably changed them in many ways. Usually this is what happens during an NDE experience.

There are many kinds of nde’s

The nde’s that are very hard to rebutt are the ones called veridicial NDE’s where the persons concsiousness or soul leaves the body and is able to see things that they could not possibly see with their regular sense or eyes. Whats even more amazing are people that have been blind since birth being able to have a veridical NDE and having what they saw verified by doctors or staff that were there. or even by medical personal who originally arrived at the scene to drive them to the hospital. The evidence is very compelling.
Compelling enough for Doctor Lommel to convert from Atheism to spirituality.

Kathryn is legally blind. She has to get right into someone’s face to see what they look like. Yet, she described in detail the carvings on the Throne. And said that she could see perfectly. Now, for someone who has never been able to see well, it would be impossible for them to imagine that. Qavah talked about being picked up by Jesus, and laying her head on His shoulder. Both of them had experiences where they were able to tell their parents that Jesus told them what to do about the specific physical problems they were experiencing at the time. And responding to those instructions proved them right.

Edit: Kathryn did tell once about being held by Jesus while watching the doctors work on her body.

Susanna I believe that this could also be classified as a veridical NDE as well, since she did witness the doctors working on her body. NDE’s give very compelling evidence of the survival of the soul outside of the human body.

Amazing story Susanna :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to see The Lord :slight_smile:

That was not the only such experience Kathryn had. And it had started in the early evening before, and she said that Jesus held her in His arms all night. My niece (her mother) posted some of these experiences on her blog, but stopped when she got a lot of negative feedback. She is planning to write a book. BTW, both of these children were adopted, and at about the same age (4 1/2). But Kathryn will be 29 this year, and Qavah will be 10. Their father was almost 60 when Qavah was adopted. She was in foster care in Louisiana at the time; Kathryn came from India. She doesn’t look Indian, because she is albino - but she doesn’t look albino because she is Indian! They have two biological sons, both older than Kathryn.

[quote=“Susanna, post:10, topic:38541”]
That was not the only such experience Kathryn had. And it had started in the early evening before, and she said that Jesus held her in His arms all night. My niece (her mother) posted some of these experiences on her blog, but stopped when she got a lot of negative feedback. She is planning to write a book. BTW, both of these children were adopted, and at about the same age (4 1/2). But Kathryn will be 29 this year, and Qavah will be 10. Their father was almost 60 when Qavah was adopted. She was in foster care in Louisiana at the time; Kathryn came from India. She doesn’t look Indian, because she is albino - but she doesn’t look albino because she is Indian! They have two biological sons, both older than Kathryn.
[/quote]Susanna, I would be very interested in this book when she does write it.I have very fond memories of India as I have a few friends from Calcutta .My best friend ASHOKE was from there. He passed away a few years back and converted to Christianity 7 years ago in secret. He was one of the kindest persons I ever met. I called him my blood brother because I’m closer to him then my own brothers. Nde’s are amazing as they provide a glimpse into the afterlife and almost always after experiencing one, the person is never afraid of death again because they know that physical death is only the beginning, not the end.

Susanna: Amazing! Thanks for that!

What is the difference between a nde and a veridical nde? Also, have you ever read any of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross’s books? I did years ago. She said in her book that CHILDREN have more nde than adults. I suppose it might be because children don’t carry the cynicism and haughtiness that most adults.

CT, the difference between a regular NDE and a veridical NDE is that a veridical nde is a an nde in which evidence can be verified by people outside of the person experiencing the NDE.

An example is the famous Pamela Reynolds NDE

Where she had a brain aneurysm that would have killed her had she not undergone a very dangerous operation in which the blood had to be completely drained from her head. The operation was hard and she had very little,chance to survive because when the blood was drained she would be flatlined for a good amount of time, so chances are she would probably die from the operation.

During the operation she had an out of body experience where her soul left her body and was basically standing above the doctors and nurses in the operating room.her eyes were taped , her ears had a mechanism attached to them which made a very loud clicking sound, plus she had specially made ear plugs inserted into her ears, so it was almost impossible for her to hear and see anything yet she saw and heard most of what was going on to,the point where she even described the saw that was used on her during the operation. And when the blood was completely drained from her brain her soul was pulled towards a vortex and when she entered the vortex she started seeing many people from her loved ones to relatives she didn’t even know. She also saw a light in the distance that was brighter and more spectacular then anything she had ever seen. She asked her uncle if the light was God, but her uncle said no, that the light was what happened when God breathed, so it’s was communicates to,her that she was standing near the breath of God.

Now now one in the hospital room could verify what happened after she went into the vortex but they did verify that everything she had heard and saw did happen. The verifiable parts of her nde are what constitute a veridical nde.

This is one of the best veridical Nde’s out there because it was the most medically monitored ones.

Here is the 2 part YouTube video
BBC: PAM SEES GOD. NDE Pam Reynolds. Amazing! Full version! - YouTube

BBC: PAM SEES GOD. NDE Pam Reynolds. Amazing! 2 part - YouTube

As opposed to a regular nde
The video below is of an atheist college professor that had an nde and went to hell
This horrifying experience converted him into a Christian. This is a non veridical nde, ad a very life changing event for this man.

Atheist College Professor dies and sees hell and demons - it changed his life - Pt 1 - YouTube Part 1

Atheist College Professor dies and sees hell and demons - it changed his life - Pt 2 - YouTube Part 2

No CT I haven’t read her books, but you got my curiousity peaked. I’m gonna google her this week.
It will keep me busy while I recover from this bad flu I just picked up.

Tsk, tsk, tsk!! I can tell that someone didn’t get a flu shot this year!! :wave:

Also, Kubler-Ross died some years ago, but her books are still around. Good hunting!

Wow… Incredible. But, you know, there will always be skeptics who will try to explain away these phenomena–just like with the Shroud.

I have never had a flu shot, and I’m sure it’s been more than 10, maybe 15 years since I’ve had the flu!

You’re one of the lucky ones, Susanna! I’m like a virus magnet! If it’s viral, I’ll catch it!

FOR ME? :grin: