"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."

I was on a forum (not this one) debating gay marriage and gay “rights” as all the conservatives were referred to as hateful and intolerant by the homosexuals on there. One conservative pointed out the militant gays are guilty of intolerance and to support this posted a picture of a guy standing on the curb near a chick-fil-a wearing a t-shirt with the caption, “Jesus is a C…t.” I don’t want to post the word as it is the most blasphemous, obscene and disrespectful name I could imagine someone calling our Lord, but I am sure you all get the idea. My blood started boiling and I started sweating. I started to imagine being at that chick-fil-a and seeing that. I asked myself what I would do. My heart beat through my chest, the blood continued to boil, and the sweat continued to flow. I felt the deepest hatred toward that person one could ever imagine. I have to admit, I even pictured provoking him so he would swing first. It was like the quickness of lightning my thoughts and feelings immediately changed. The Lord revealed this in my heart. How much worse is that name on the shirt than the insults being hurled at him while He was flogged and crucified? How much worse is that word than having a crown of thorns being pushed on His head, His flesh whipped into bloody ribbons, as He is mocked and ridiculed? How much worse is that name on the shirt than being spat on beaten and hanging on a cross between two thieves with spikes holding him on the cross? Yet, He said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Jesus willingly died for that person wearing that t-shirt. If the guy only knew. My hatred immediately turned into complete awe of the Lord and His awesomeness and I pray will turn also into compassion for the guy wearing the shirt. I am no better than he is as I also am a wretch in need of a Savior.

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:1, topic:39833”]
I was on a forum (not this one) debating gay marriage and gay “rights” as all the conservatives were referred to as hateful and intolerant by the homosexuals on there. One conservative pointed out the militant gays are guilty of intolerance and to support this posted a picture of a guy standing on the curb near a chick-fil-a wearing a t-shirt with the caption, “Jesus is a C…t.” I don’t want to post the word as it is the most blasphemous, obscene and disrespectful name I could imagine someone calling our Lord, but I am sure you all get the idea. My blood started boiling and I started sweating. I started to imagine being at that chick-fil-a and seeing that. I asked myself what I would do. My heart beat through my chest, the blood continued to boil, and the sweat continued to flow. I felt the deepest hatred toward that person one could ever imagine. I have to admit, I even pictured provoking him so he would swing first. It was like the quickness of lightning my thoughts and feelings immediately changed. The Lord revealed this in my heart. How much worse is that name on the shirt than the insults being hurled at him while He was flogged and crucified? How much worse is that word than having a crown of thorns being pushed on His head, His flesh whipped into bloody ribbons, as He is mocked and ridiculed? How much worse is that name on the shirt than being spat on beaten and hanging on a cross between two thieves with spikes holding him on the cross? Yet, He said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Jesus willingly died for that person wearing that t-shirt. If the guy only knew. My hatred immediately turned into complete awe of the Lord and His awesomeness and I pray will turn also into compassion for the guy wearing the shirt. I am no better than he is as I also am a wretch in need of a Savior.
[/quote]Awesome post. Well done. God Bless RW.

God’s Word is a mirror, if we dare look in it.

Sorry wrong forum!

Agreed. Excellent Post.

It shows that the intolerant progressives and even their homosexual Komrads will stop at nothing to provoke Christians just so they can FALSELY claim victimhood and hypocrisy on the part of Christians. I allowed the progressive homosexuals that have pushed the destruction of the BSA to provoke me to the point that I stated that I hoped that they burn in hell. While I admit that I’m not the most religious of person even though my beliefs are Christian, I have recognized that to be one of my worst moments. Of course, [certain] progressives on this board jumped all over it as bigoted intolerance even though it was provoked and cry-babied to the mods about it.

If anything, I posted this as an example that following Jesus’ lead per the example that RW posted is the best lead to follow. My justifiable outrage manifested itself into me making a statement that played into the hands of [certain] progressives on this site. However, as I age, I have become less tolerant of the BS, stupidity, needling, baiting, and overall anti-Christian Commie crap that the progressive and the homosexual sisters continue to post on this site and in other media. I’ll take it as a character flaw that I need to work on.

God, please forgive them. Even though they truly do know what they are doing is wrong.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:5, topic:39833”]
Agreed. Excellent Post.

It shows that the intolerant progressives and even their homosexual Komrads will stop at nothing to provoke Christians just so they can claim victimhood and hypocrisy on the part of Christians. I allowed the progressive homosexuals that have pushed the destruction of the BSA to provoke me to the point that I stated that I hoped that they burn in hell. While I admit that I’m not the most religious of person even though my beliefs are Christian, I have recognized that to be one of my worst moments. Of course, the sniveling and spineless progressives on this board jumped all over it as bigoted intolerance even though it was provoked and cry-babied to the mods about it.

If anything, I posted this as an example that following Jesus’ lead per the example that RW posted is the best lead to follow. My justifiable outrage manifested itself into me making a statement that played into the hands of the Godless and hateful progressives on this site. However, as I age, I have become less tolerant of the BS, stupidity, needling, baiting, and overall anti-Christian Commie crap that the progressive and the homosexual sisters continue to post on this site and in other media. I’ll take it as a character flaw that I need to work on.

God, please forgive them. Even though they truly do know what they are doing is wrong.
[/quote]This is exactly why we NEEDED Jesus sacrifice. We all fall short. We all succumb to anger. All we can do is repent, ask forgiveness, and try to do better.
You’ll get there, CL. I have the greatest confidence in you.

Thanks Tiny.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:7, topic:39833”]
Thanks Tiny.
[/quote]My pleasure, amigo.

You spew a non-stop stream of vile, disgusting, hateful filth and then ask that others be forgiven? Unbelievable. You are the one that should be asking for forgiveness.

Parents receive prison for death of their child

Tolerance.

Pray tell, what wrong have I done? If it’s defending the rights of others I won’t apologize, and I doubt God will think less of me for that.

I just love when people endorse the immoral, and then think they can read God’s mind, when all they really need to read, is the Bible.

I also like how, even though I named no one in my post, the guilty parties for which the truth hurts their feelings :crybaby: come out of the woodwork with even more false accusations :crybaby: attempting to further bait and goad me.:coffee_spray:

I accuse no-one, and am baiting no-one, though I will presume you’re referring to me among others. If I’m mistaken I will gladly delete my post, if not please answer my question. Tiny is equally free to answer (I’d prefer it be done in a respectable manner of course).

I wasn’t addressing you specifically. I you FEEL guilty that is your problem.

Out of all of these images, the only one that you could argue displays intolerance is the bottom image. I don’t really see anything to support the supposition that these protesters are intolerant. And if that’s not what you’re suggesting, then excuse my misinterpretation.

Actually I feel mild-annoyed, not guilty. Not sure what I’ve done to feel guilty about.

I disagree with the bottom four, but it appears they are on public property. The top one clearly is impeding the entry of the church and is right in front of the church appearing to disrupt their entry way and it is not clear if they are on a public sidewalk or the church property. I feel this is wrong. The two below it consist of a violation of property rights as the bullhorn is against the glass and then being used right outside the glass. If this type of harassment isn’t intolerance, then I don’t know what is.

I didn’t do anything, Tiny, but thank you and God bless you, too.

We* all* need to ask for forgiveness.