Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry Alleges 'The FBI Tried to Kill Me'

Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry Alleges 'The FBI Tried to Kill Me’
By Steven Nelson
usnews.com
January 17, 2013

Marion Barry told U.S. News this week that he believes the FBI attempted to murder him on Jan. 18, 1990, when he was arrested for crack cocaine possession in a sting operation.

During his third term as mayor of Washington, D.C., Barry was videotaped smoking crack cocaine in a hotel room with ex-girlfriend Rasheeda Moore. Moore received the drug from an undercover police officer and was cooperating with the FBI.

“The FBI had a mind to entrap me, also the FBI tried to kill me by having some substance that wasn’t proven to be crack,” Barry told U.S. News in a phone interview.

“They had an EMT on the spot, which is not only unusual but rare in history of the FBI,” Barry noted as he offered evidence to support his claim that the FBI attempted to kill him. “Why would they have an EMT on the scene if they weren’t trying?”

What a paranoid idiot! Question: If the FBI was trying to kill him, why would the FBI have EMTs on scene who could be additional witnesses and also save his life? Could it be … the FBI thought the situation could get dangerous and wanted EMTs on scene to aid anyone who might get injured? Is thinking about this scenario and coming up with a contrary conclusion a racist act?

Maybe he, Quami Kilpatrick and Ray Nagin should get together and start a 12 step program for former mayors.