Former Navy SEAL & ‘American Sniper’ Author Chris Kyle Reportedly Killed at TX Lodge

Former Navy SEAL and bestselling author of the book “American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History” Chris Kyle was killed at the Rough Creek Lodge in Texas Saturday, NBC DFW reports.

WFAA adds:

Two people were killed Saturday at a gun range in Erath County. Three sources tell News 8 that one of the victims was Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL and author of the New York Times bestselling book, “American Sniper.”

Kyle was shot point-blank while helping another soldier who is recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome, News 8 learned.

An alert was issued for the suspect, who was reportedly captured in Lancaster, south of Dallas. The suspect was believed to be highly trained with military experience.

Former Navy SEAL & ‘American Sniper’ Author Chris Kyle Reportedly Killed at TX Lodge | Video | TheBlaze.com

A sad ending. Just sad.

First Seal Team 6 and now this?:noclue:

How tragic.

The article doesn’t give what may have been the motive for killing this man. Did I miss something? I suppose this will give more fuel to the already rabid histrionics from the anti-gun mob.

The article doesnt give a specific reason but it doesnt seem like a hard conclusion

Chris had been volunteering his time to help Marine Corps veterans suffering from PTSD and mentoring them. Part of this process involved taking these veterans to the range where one of them snapped and killed Chris and his neighbor for reasons that remain unknown at this time.

PTSD and gun ranges probably dont mix well

That leaves out Paul’s senstive comment, “Live by the sword, die by the sword.” Dr Loopy refreshing our memory on why he’s known as Dr Loopy.
Ron Paul on Murder of Former Navy SEAL: ‘He Who Lives by the Sword Dies by the Sword’ - By Eliana Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Christ was scourged then hung on a cross, how does that support non-violence.

Christ never preached non-violence. He said many things that could have incited certain people to violence, and he certainly didn’t advocate being a doormat.

“Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.” Let’s not forget that He **threw **the money-changers out of the Temple. It’s also called justified anger.

I strongly agree with Glenn Beck on this:

Beck Delivers Excoriating Rebuke of Ron Paul Over ‘Ugly and Offensive’ Tweet About Chris Kyle’s Death | Video | TheBlaze.com

You can watch the vid there.

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:11, topic:38073”]
“Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.” Let’s not forget that He **threw **the money-changers out of the Temple. It’s also called justified anger.
[/quote]Or Righteous Indignation.

Indeed!!

Oh, hogwash!

Well then, please give us chapter and verse where He preaches non-violence.

Here ya go!

Does the Bible teach total non-violence? – ReKnew

Most of what is in this link are misquotes. Sorry.

Yeah, okay, make what you want of it.

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Calibri]He has since clarified his statement.

Now, regarding his original statement, I believe he was saying Chris Kyle was in a sense a casualty of the war in Iraq, even though he died after coming home from the war rather than on the battlefield. He was killed by a veteran suffering from PTSD due to the war. No, it doesn’t make sense to take someone with this condition to a range, but I believe Paul was reflecting on it being a shame and thinking about how it could have been prevented.

The PTSD was induced to Kyle’skiller during a war in which there was no constitutional declaration, yet, there was much to gain by politicians involved in promoting and encouraging war in Iraq. Members of PNAC stated to attack Iraq, all they needed was another Pearl Harbor for an excuse. 9-11 provided this opportunity and members of PNAC who became members of Bush’s cabinet tried to talk him into invading Iraq even before going after Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. Again, there was much to gain for invading Iraq. Primarily, Dick Cheney, who made millions from a subsidiary company of Halliburton who received contracts in Iraq without bidding. So, I believe Paul’s point is tragedies such as Chris Kyle’s murder could have been prevented if kids didn’t suffer from PTSD due to their experiences in an undeclared war which was waged by politicians who are more concerned with money making defense contracts more than our national security.

Now, I do believe Paul should have clarified in detail in the first place and have not made a statement so soon if it would contain a message regarding policy. But, remember, if you support the military and our troops, Ron Paul is not your enemy. He wants troops to be used only for defense of this country and with a Constitutional declaration, rather than sending kids off in hot zones for more than a decade to put their lives on the line for fat cat defense contractors who are politically connected.

Also, remember, Ron Paul received more contributions while running for the candidacy than all other Republican candidates combined. He is also a veteran. How many war profiteers actually shouldered a rifle? Most of them spent a great deal of time and effort avoiding military service, but have no problem sending in kids now.
[/COLOR][/FONT]