FoxNews punishes Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney for daring to tell the truth

I know this is a sensitive issue but truth must be told

See Fox News bans retired general after McCain torture comments

May 11, 2018

_”A spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney is no longer welcome on Fox News and Fox Business Network after he said torture worked on McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam."

McInerney’s comments, made during an appearance on Fox Business Network on Thursday, were in response to McCain encouraging his Senate colleagues to reject Gina Haspel’s nomination for CIA director over her past association with the agency’s enhanced interrogation practices.”

In 1969, due to torture, Senator McCain, who was then a Vietnamese POW, made a false confession recording which was used for propaganda purposes.

The FoxNew decision to ban retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney for telling the truth in support of the contention that torture works, is not only unacceptable, it is a stain on the credibility of FoxNews. When the ugly truth becomes a cause for being banned in America, something is very, very wrong. Especially when it occurs on a media outlet which rails against political correctness 24/7.

In support of McInerney assertion see: John McCain’s Purported Vietnam War Propaganda Recording Released by Far-Right Internet Radio Host

August 8, 2016

”McCain’s U.S. Senate office could not confirm the authenticity of the recording, but one McCain aide, speaking on condition that his name not be published, told New Times the following:

"Senator McCain has spoken candidly for years, in media interviews and his own memoir, of making a false confession tape after being tortured as a POW in North Vietnam. Although his ‘confession’ was coerced by days of extreme physical abuse, he always regretted it."

And, here is a LINK to the actual recording.

I am very disappointed that FoxNew has jumped on the political correct bandwagon and punished one of our distinguished military’s best.

I personally believe it is not a stain on McCain’s record to confirm he was tortured into making a propaganda recording. It is a stain on McCain’s record to lie that torture does not work.

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media, Yellow Journalism, Hollywood, and a corrupted FBI, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama, would be making license tags in a federal penitentiary

No, that argument doesn’t work.

Forcing someone to be a propaganda piece, and gaining useful, actionable Intel through torture, are two different things.

If you want to make a case for torture, making a misleading argument isn’t the way to do it. It just looks like you’re trying to hide something.

:roll_eyes:

FoxNews banning Lt. General Thomas McInerney, for stating a fact: “It worked on John [McCain]. That’s why they call him ‘Songbird John’” is very troubling to me as it indicates FoxNews has jumped on the politically correct bandwagon.

As stated at the top of the thread: ”McCain’s U.S. Senate office could not confirm the authenticity of the recording, but one McCain aide, speaking on condition that his name not be published, told New Times the following:

"Senator McCain has spoken candidly for years, in media interviews and his own memoir, of making a false confession tape after being tortured as a POW in North Vietnam. Although his ‘confession’ was coerced by days of extreme physical abuse, he always regretted it."

In my mind, it is not a stain on McCain’s record to confirm he was tortured into making a propaganda recording. But it is a stain on the record of FoxNews to ban a guest for stating torture worked in McCain’s situation, which turns out to be true.

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media, Yellow Journalism, Hollywood, and a corrupted FBI, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama, would be making license tags in a federal penitentiary

It didn’t work; actionable intelligence, you should look that term up John.

I’m on the fence as to the veracity of torture, I’m not taking a side; you’re just making bad argument.

FoxNews has jumped on the political correct bandwagon.

JWK

Yeah, a false confession, is not actionable intel.

The CIA itself classifies a difference between extracting information from a subject, and coercing behavior. So you’re not winning this argument John. Go learn more about this, if you’re going to talk about it, you don’t have an excuse not to.

Stop trying to switch the subject.

FoxNews banning Lt. General Thomas McInerney, for stating a fact: “It worked on John [McCain]. That’s why they call him ‘Songbird John’” is very troubling to me as it indicates FoxNews has jumped on the politically correct bandwagon.

As stated at the top of the thread: ”McCain’s U.S. Senate office could not confirm the authenticity of the recording, but one McCain aide, speaking on condition that his name not be published, told New Times the following:

In my mind, it is not a stain on McCain’s record to confirm he was tortured into making a propaganda recording. But it is a stain on the record of FoxNews to ban a guest for stating torture worked in McCain’s situation, which turns out to be true!

JWK

Quit making bad arguments.

Make a good argument for your position, or quit pretending you care about the issue.

People who care, make an effort. That should be self-evident.

Once again, AS implies that everyone else on this board is a lazy moron because they didn’t “make an effort”…whatever that means. The FACT is, we HAVE obtained actionable intel through the use of “enhanced interrogation” techniques. Torture helped the NVA get what THEY wanted out of McCain, which was (to them) a propaganda coup from the son of a U.S. Navy admiral. There are those fellow POWs who insist that McCain gave the NVA actionable intel, too…telling them how to defeat the anti-missile capabilities of naval aircraft and telling them the Navy’s primary North Vietnamese targets so they could either move or better defend them.

Don’t blame me for your reading comprehension problem. In any event, the topic is about FoxNews banning someone for daring to tell the truth.

Seems to me FoxNews has joined the politically correct clap trap crowd.

JWK

In support of your post see: Vietnam POW Activists Called McCain ‘Songbird’ and ‘Manchurian Candidate’

Among groups who oppose John McCain, the most serious charges come from a small but fervent cadre of Vietnam POW/MIA activists who accuse him of being a collaborator during his time in the Vietnamese POW camps.

They call McCain “Songbird,” and say he received special treatment. Some in the POW community even believe he was brainwashed like Raymond Shaw, the character played by Laurence Harvey in “The Manchurian candidate,” who was used as a tool by the communists to destroy America from within.

JWK

No; you say things a 5 second google search could disprove.

You’ve consistently put no effort into what you say. You treat your own arguments like they don’t matter, even when you insist they do.

That just makes you a wide open target to the left.

That’s not intel, again, the CIA itself makes a distinction here, so why the hell are you trying to conflate things, when the people who do these things, aren’t?

If your point matters, make it count; quit using knowingly bad arguments.

Try reading ALL of my post and Johnwk’s.

And yet, you do not take the 5 seconds to find the truth and rebuttal and post it. You are all wind and no sail.

JWK

What was stated by McInerney is as follows: “It [torture] worked on John [McCain]. That’s why they call him ‘Songbird John’”

We do know McCain was tortured, and it resulted in McCain making a recording for the Vietnamese used for propaganda purposes.

We also know a number of our war veterans, particularly older vets who served in Vietnam, have dubbed McCain “Songbird” for allegedly collaborating with the Vietnamese while a prisoner.

In a Phoenix NewTimes ARTICLE we also find:

August 8, 2016

”McCain’s U.S. Senate office could not confirm the authenticity of the recording, but one McCain aide, speaking on condition that his name not be published, told New Times the following:

So, it appears from the above that torture did work on McCain as asserted by Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney, retired.

If the above information is accurate, I think most would agree it is not a stain on McCain’s record to confirm he was tortured into making a propaganda recording. However, for FoxNews to ban a guest for stating torture worked in McCain’s situation, which was made to counter the Democrats hate toward Trump’s pick for CIA Director, seems to indicate FoxNews may be submitting to the pressure of our politically correct crowd.

JWK

The fact is, McCain even admitted torture works on mainstream media outlets such as ABC and CBS:

See What John McCain Went Through as a POW

McCain says his torture began in August of 1968. “For the next four days, I was beaten every two or three hours by different guards. My left arm was broken again and my ribs were cracked,” he said according to U.S. News. The North Vietnamese wanted a confession for crimes committed against the North Vietnamese people. After holding out for four days, McCain, at the point of suicide, agreed to write a confession. Looking back on his decision, McCain reflected “I felt just terrible about it… Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine,” he said, according to the report.

Also see Is McCain’s War Record Fair Game?

McCain has written repeatedly of his service, including a long 1973 magazine article and in his memoir, Faith of My Fathers. A Navy aviator from a military family, he was shot down on his 23rd sortie over Vietnam on October 26, 1967. His mission was to bomb a power plant in the North Vietnamese capital. Already suffering from broken limbs, he was beaten by a crowd before being taken to a POW camp. After being tortured there, he participated in some Vietnamese propaganda efforts.

"I had learned what we all learned over there: Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine," he later wrote.

McCain broke under torture and participated in making a propaganda recording used by the Vietnamese. So why has FoxNews banned McInerney for stating a fact?

Seems that FoxNews has caved in to our nation’s politically correct crowd.

JWK

You made a bad argument. What am I disproving? What am I rebutting?

The CIA, does not consider compelling action from a target, the same as producing intel.

They call you wrong, John McCain giving a false confession, is not the same thing as John McCain giving intel. In no way, are these the same thing, you know that.

If you choose to ignore the dozens of stories from fellow POWs that McCain broke and gave, not only a “false confession” but actionable intel, that’s your CHOICE, It you choose to find another reason many of them called him “Song Bird,” you’re free to do so. However, McCain WAS (and remains) less than the “heroic patriot” he’d like to think of himself and the torture he indured worked.

Notice, John did not post those stories, he posted references to John McCain being used as a Propaganda piece.

If that’s your claim, post that claim, and not the wrong one.

I stated a fact: FoxNews punishes Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney for daring to tell the truth.

JWK