French jets target ISIS in Raqqa

French jets target ISIS in Raqqa | Fox News

I get the feeling the French are done with the sorrow and are out to help rid the world of these blights on society, these attacks being done in conjunction with the U.S military.

Just as the French Foreign Legion have been dealing with terrorism in Africa while other nations have backed out, they will do the heavy lifting when needed in the Middle East.

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:1, topic:47711”]
French jets target ISIS in Raqqa | Fox NewsI get the feeling the French are done with the sorrow and are out to help rid the world of these blights on society, these attacks being done in conjunction with the U.S military. Just as the French Foreign Legion have been dealing with terrorism in Africa while other nations have backed out, they will do the heavy lifting when needed in the Middle East.
[/quote]I hope the whole world makes use of a United Nations in the way it was conceived by Churchill and others. Of course that will never happen.

Considering that the nations in the region are being impacted the most, you would think they would be willing to pick up and fight unless they want to be overrun. Allowing foreign air traffic is a start, but these nations need to ante up with soldiers, just as Rand Paul said from day one.

This perverted vision of religion and doing “Gods work” by killing innocent people who have zero interest in their ideology nor their fight needs to be stopped in it’s track. Billions of people on this planet and only a few willing to fight them?

I woud be careful working with obama is well known for double crossing allies.

This has nothing to do with Obama, he doesn’t micro manage what the military does there, he is given recommendations and approves or doesn’t approve. He has provided the resources to fight ISIS minus the ground troops (which only a few countries are willing to offer), now the military needs to coordinate with others and meet their objectives as they have internally determined.

Obama was outspoken about the attacks, per his own statement:

"We stand prepared and ready to provide whatever assistance that the government and the people of France need to respond. France is our oldest ally. The French people have stood shoulder to shoulder with the United States time and again. And we want to be very clear that we stand together with them in the fight against terrorism and extremism.

Paris itself represents the timeless values of human progress. Those who think that they can terrorize the people of France or the values that they stand for are wrong. The American people draw strength from the French people’s commitment to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness. We are reminded in this time of tragedy that the bonds of liberté and égalité and fraternité are not only values that the French people care so deeply about, but they are values that we share. And those values are going to endure far beyond any act of terrorism or the hateful vision of those who perpetrated the crimes this evening."

America operates with different levels of trust based on the ally. I am sure we all agree nation allies such as France, England and others are far more trustworthy than say, rebel armies who change their allegiances with the wind. We saw how the Iraqi army handled the threat when they turned tail and ran even after being well equipped with American technology, contrary to what they told the U.S. Regardless of how it may appear, these are entirely different circumstances and a different set of alliances.

France and America are probably the most liberty loyal governances in the world, yes, even those that may not entirely embody ones particular political leaning. This is still a battle between the ideology of freedom and radicals who would have us all bowing to their alter if they had the chance.

The more who join the fight the better, it bothers me to see these attacks on innocents who are going about their business and it will only increase the resolve of those fighting them when the terror hits at home. It is precisely the type of enemy that everyone should be rallying to conquer.

You can’t be talking about the same 0bama that has been president for the past 7 years.

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:5, topic:47711”]

Obama was outspoken about the attacks, per his own statement:

[/quote]Believing obama is not wise.

That man turned on his own grandma and he has worked to undermine allies, believe obama not a chance.

I bet the French won’t be so complacent about supporting attacks on terrorist bases after this. Remember, we weren’t even allowed to fly over France in the attack on Libya.

Which attack are you referring to? I recall two in particular in the 1980’s, both which are controversial, if you are referring to something more recent, you need to explain. The 1986 activities against Qaddafi, this was in regards to the Beruit disco attack which killed a U.S serviceman not the barracks attack in Lebanon, which as I recall, also involved the deaths of many French soldiers. He was forewarned by the Italian government of the impending U.S attack if you are looking for the culprit. It is a well recognized show of strength by Reagan, but I think they killed his son in the raid which didn’t help U.S PR. Of course, that was some time ago…

Regardless. It is well known in the military and intelligence community that the French have been extremely active and successful in combatting terror in Africa. Even the most critical of the French have an admiration for the fearlessness of the FFL activities there. An area of the world which only the most courageous are fighting the good fight and the vast number avoid. They quietly go about this business while surely sharing vital intelligence with the U.S about the region.

France is one of those nations that doesn’t engage militarily at the drop of a hat. When they do, they do so quietly and with purpose and with little fanfare, which is preferable, especially for a European nation. They have some of the best intelligence in the world (even warning the U.S about a pending attack due to a lot of chatter prior to 9/11, but the lack of specifics didn’t allow the CIA to pinpoint the exact details) and have a firm belief system which is as close to the American system as any other country.

The point is, let’s not split hairs here, France and America are on the same side of this battle. As with any relationship, there are differences and geopolitical alliances to always consider.

She’s referring to the April '86 attack in which the French didn’t allow U.S.A.F. F-111s based in Great Britain to overfly France on their way to and from Libya; so they had to go the long way (with multiple refuelings and the crews stuck in their planes for many hours) around Spain and Portugal and through the Strait of Gibralter.

Oops, DN strikes again