Frustration About the GOP; Time to Send a Message Even a Small Message

As some may know it was Reagan who inspired me to become a Conservative Republican.

The GOP did NOT want Reagan yet he defined conservatism (even though some here like to distort his record) but the GOP continues to push conservatives out of the party (we know who they are here) and instead prefer to be a dinasaur me-too LIBERAL party.

The losses continue liberal candidate after liberal candidate.

So the question I ask myself why am I still a republican ? I used to tell myself it is because I may have some influence in the primary. The probelm is; REPUBLICANS will work WITH democrats to push conservatives out including in the GENERAL election. I have given countless examples of that happening but many ignore that proof.

So I believe it is time to change my party affiliation and see if the “GOP’ers” continue to push conservatives out of the party. A small also ran liberal party is pretty much extinct…yes I mean the current GOP.

[quote=“Bucks, post:1, topic:37101”]
As some may know it was Reagan who inspired me to become a Conservative Republican.

The GOP did NOT want Reagan yet he defined conservatism (even though some here like to distort his record) but the GOP continues to push conservatives out of the party (we know who they are here) and instead prefer to be a dinasaur me-too LIBERAL party.

The losses continue liberal candidate after liberal candidate.

So the question I ask myself why am I still a republican ? I used to tell myself it is because I may have some influence in the primary. The probelm is; REPUBLICANS will work WITH democrats to push conservatives out including in the GENERAL election. I have given countless examples of that happening but many ignore that proof.

So I believe it is time to change my party affiliation and see if the “GOP’ers” continue to push conservatives out of the party. A small also ran liberal party is pretty much extinct…yes I mean the current GOP.

[/quote]Glad you are not asleep. Join the club. We welcome you.

I dumped the GOP after the last Primary for the same reason, there is no length they will not go to render Conservatives impotent.

Finding a new Party to coalesce around is the problem, the GOP Platform is pretty good if there was actually a Party somewhere that would embrace it as more than some crumbs to toss Conservatives to get their vote for one more cycle.

The GOP seems to be filled with psuedo-Conservatives (Moderate Liberals) who are willing to compromise and negotiate their ideals and principles, for the sake of popularity.