Gabby Giffords's Husband Buys AR-15

Gabby Giffords’s Husband Buys AR-15
by AWR Hawkins & Neil McCabe

9 Mar 2013

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an “assault weapon,” he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona.

Breitbart News received a tip on this when Neil McCabe, editor of Guns & Patriots newsletter, contacted us on March 7 and said:

[quote]Mark E. Kelly, made purchases which included an AR-15–sometimes described as an “assault rifle”–at 3:30 pm on the afternoon of March 5 at Diamondback Police Supply, 170 S. Kolb Street, Tucson, AZ.

According to McCabe, witnesses to the purchases claimed Kelly purchased “high capacity” magazines as well.[/quote]
“Do as I say, not as I do.” Though I will say that Gun Haters aren’t usually this hypocritical.

Suddenly, Kelly announced on his Facebook page that he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.

I wonder whether it was knowing his hypocrisy was already public, his wife “had a word” with him, or he heard from “fellow” Gun Haters. I’m guessing the latter. That Facebook comment sounds very coached. I hope he keeps the .45 semi-auto.

That dude is now the picture perfect “do as I say” democrat.

I guess that he thought no one would find out or, since he is a Democrat, he would be given a pass. We all know that Deomocrats are never expected to live what they preach.

Wait a minute. He bought it but hasn’t picked it up from the store yet? Does that mean he’s waiting for his background check to clear? See everyone. The system that’s already in place does work. The waiting period gave everyone time to catch him in his hypocrisy and lies. Don’t need to change a thing.

Why Mark Kelly’s AR-15 Is Still at the Gun Store
by AWR HawkinsBreitbart.com/Big-Government
12 Mar 2013

Since Breitbart News first broke the story of Mark Kelly’s purchase of an AR-15 rifle, numerous readers have emailed to ask: “Why is Mark Kelly’s AR-15 still at the gun store?”

The state of Arizona does not have a waiting period for purchasing firearms. Rather, customers take the guns home with them as soon as they pass a background check.

In this case, however, the wait is due to the Tucson retailer’s own self-policing.

According to sources, another customer either traded in or sold to Diamondback Police Supply the AR-15 Kelly later purchased. When that happens, the store puts a 20-day hold on the firearm to be sure it does not come up as stolen in a police report or show up linked to a crime in a database.

Interesting! AZ has no waiting period beyond the time for the background check. In this situation the gun store is going beyond the requirements of the law to avoid potentially selling evidence from a crime or stolen property.

While I’m no supporter of this hypocrit, wouldn’t it be a better idea for the store to check on the status of the gun before they accepted it in a purchase agreement?