Gas Price In Your Area?

OK. Everybody has been griping and moaning about the price of gas. Should we drill? Should we invest in alternative fuels? Should we convert our cars and trucks to wind power? Who knows what the answer is and who know when we will have some relief?

What we do know is what we’re paying at the pump. I thought this may be a way for all of us to vent our feelings and do a little griping of our own about what it’s costing us to fill our tanks!

I’ll start.

Last fill up was $4.04 - 28 gal
Fill up today was $3.68 - 26 gal

It’s gettin’ better…(well for a while…)

I’m not happy, but I’m not driving any less.

geting better here as well- about a month ago we were paying $4.35 gal, I can now fill up for $3.65 at a AM PM or $3.72 at a Tribal Shell station.

I filled up in advance of any Hurricane travels we may have had to intail at $3.45 on Thursday. Then the next day my dh filled up at the same place at $3.39.

But yes we should still drill!

3.79 here in Southeast Wisconsin

[quote=“Spatha, post:1, topic:12985”]
OK. Everybody has been griping and moaning about the price of gas. Should we drill? Should we invest in alternative fuels? Should we convert our cars and trucks to wind power? Who knows what the answer is and who know when we will have some relief?

What we do know is what we’re paying at the pump. I thought this may be a way for all of us to vent our feelings and do a little griping of our own about what it’s costing us to fill our tanks!

I’ll start.

Last fill up was $4.04 - 28 gal
Fill up today was $3.68 - 26 gal

It’s gettin’ better…(well for a while…)

I’m not happy, but I’m not driving any less.
[/quote]It is $3.68 here and I filled up yesterday because they said they were going to shut down the oil rigs and believe me we will see a price increase here even if there is no shortage.

We always have the gas stations harping how they can not make a profit but funny thing in surrounding towns the price of gas will be lower.

We had a Kroger store open up a short while ago and many stations had to lower their price for gas when Kroger’s was able to sell the gas cheaper and more in line with what other cities were selling it.

But as I said still, surrounding towns still are lower in price other wise we probably still would see $4 gas here.

Last fillup, $3.51. And yes, we should drill. The only reason it dropped (in my opinion) is Bush’s rescinding of the drilling ban. Did you notice the price of oil set by OPEC, dropped almost immediately after his announcement? I kept saying that would happen. We need only to talk about exploiting our resources to cause the price of oil to drop. Now, if we’d just do something about it, it would drop even more - long before we get to use a drop of that new oil.

Last fill up diesel at $4.29 at the local Sunoco, Last fill up gas at $3.24 at Sam’s club. Prices have and continue to improve. Hope that Gustav doesn’t adversely impact that trend.

Fuel costs along with food are still high enough to adversely impact the budget. Are reducing the milage driven by ensuring that trips are combiened whenever possible.

$3.72 regular low price in my town…about $3.79 average

Gas fell another .04 today. $3.64…
I heard crude was $108-

Last I saw Chevron (most exp in area) was at 3.70

I would drive the extra mile to the AM/PM but I hardly drive farther than a three mi radius from my house these days. Not to save the earth, just have no reasons to go outside my little bubble here! :slight_smile: I am ok with that.

RWNJ, so Oregon is higher than us? That’s strange. oh, must be because you all aren’t allowed to pump your own gas…mhmmm. LOL

$3.65/gal over here.

Yeah, the nanny state makes sure that well-trained high school students safely install gasoline into my vehicle, protecting me from the myriad dangers associated with pumping your own gas.

But then again, the argument that self-serve lowers the price doesn’t really seem to work because our gas is usually cheaper than anywhere in Washington. I just don’t want to wait on the guy to get to the pump and fill my car up.

I know, it is normally higher here. It seems like someone inflates the price down there once in a while though to try and say you need to pump your own if you want lower prices.

We went down about .20 in my neck of the woods (Colorado) I pay about $3.60-17 gals in my car

They’re back up… they say because of IKE…
$3.93

$3.49 last time I bought it. But I don’t leave home all that often, so I don’t see the latest. It’s higher, of course, at the tourist trap down the hill. I just buy my lawnmower gas there, and don’t use more than 2 or 3 gallons a summer.

$3.61 at the Fastrac near me…cash

$3.88/gal yesterday.

I have been griping since yesterday about this. Ike hit Friday night yet when I went to the pump Friday morning the gas had gone up .50/gallon over night! I was in SHOCK. I almost stopped Thursday night to get gas and couldn’t believe when I stopped Friday morning to see the huge JUMP! I even heard on the news Friday that “South Carolina” (where I live) was the first state to hike prices in the anticipation of Ike hitting Galveston. I’m still in shock at that jump prior to the hurricane even landing. I didn’t even leave my house today so I do wonder what it is now here. A friend of mine was in NC visiting friends and came home early due to gas stations there CLOSING UP today with no gas! She said they were up to $5-6.00/gallon if they were open at all and had LONG lines limiting people to only 5 gallons per vehicle. Very scary!

Oh the price here Friday was 3.89/gallon.